All Advertising Questions

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 227

Re: All Advertising Questions 

Post#21 » by CR Reina » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:29 pm

That thread wasn't deleted, it simply expired as a Global Announcement.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Post#22 » by Howard Mass » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:03 am

Seconded.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,043

Post#23 » by sisibilio » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:57 am

IDK why but everytime the "Battle Knight" ad shows up the CPU usage boosts up to 50%
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
MajorDad
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#24 » by MajorDad » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:28 am

my computer just blocked a virus attack.

I noticed an advertisement from Meetvillage.com was the ad at the time and then it disapeared and was relaced by espn3. i suspect the virus came from their site as the thread only contained 4 other posts and none of the posters has changed their avatars or sigs in over 6 months. meetvillage.com is a singles dating site. it appears a very likely source for a hidden virus.

Howard, and CR reina - you say the thread was a global thread that you allowed to expire . I'll ask a simple question. WHY? that thread that you allowed to expire had a lot of useful and well thought out posts included in it. Why did you just allow it to expire? why not just relocate the thread to this forum? You have the capability to delete posts and also relocate them. Rather than just allowing the thread to expire and disapear, why not tap the information provided to you and incotrporate it into a useful virus FAQ thread? how hard would that have been? there was some very useful information included in that thead as to what to do if attacked by a virus.

Since my last post in this thread, my computer has blocked at least 5 other virus attacks that have come directly from this site. I have to believe those attacks are coming from your advertisements and not from posters' avatars and sigs. While you've been informed by that security agency you use that your site is clean, every day that i come here at least one poster has complained of being attacked by a virus. it's become so common place lately, we don't even bother to complain about it anymore. i have to believe if posters are constantly being bombarded by virus attacks, that the source is your advertisers and not the sigs and avatars and you have suggested in the past. i think it's past time you used a better security screening software for the advertisements you use. while your site has a lot of great information, it has been a security risk for over a year, and it's not getting any cleaner.
MajorDad
Banned User

Post#25 » by MajorDad » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:49 am

another poster, who is a computer programmer, also confirmed that his computer also blocked a virus attack tonight. he claimed the virus attack came from one of your googled ads.

Howard , and C r reina- i thinks it's time you admitted what so many posters are complaining about, - your site's advertisements are filled with viruses and your site is unable to screen them properly from attacking your users/posters.

I have no idea what your computer security gurus are telling you. but it's obviously not working.

I realize eliminating the ads is a tremendous loss of revenue, but you are setting yourself up for a class action law suit if somebody decides to sue you for getting a virus from your site. you can't deny it's not happening. and it's happening now more frequently than ever. if a user gets a virus fro m visiting your site, who is he going to sue? you? or your advertiser that brought the virus to your site? or both?

I'm not a lawyer, but i spend a lot of time surfing the internet. and your site has downloaded more virus attacks than any site I've visited in the past year.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Post#26 » by Howard Mass » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:30 am

MajorDad,

If you have screenshots or print-outs with specific viruses or malware that your computer has encountered, please send them to us so that we can investigate each on our end.

We appreciate you bringing any of these potential issues to our attention. Thank you
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Post#27 » by Bleeding Blue » Sat May 1, 2010 3:05 pm

CR Reina wrote:
We have a strict policy against sound ads. We'll try to find out where it is coming from. Thanks for letting us know.

The "E-Harmony" ad has sound...just an FYI
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 227

Post#28 » by CR Reina » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Just wanted to let you guys know that the sound ad was a different ad when we approved it (without sound obviously) and it has been taken down.
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#29 » by Gek » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:58 pm

I know this doesn't help because I forget to look when I heard it, but there is a sound ad saying, "Congratulations, You Won!" Ad floating around.

I will update this as soon as I know which ad it is if no one else figures it out first.
Gek
RealGM

Post#30 » by Gek » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Here is the site that the sound advertisement is for: http://lmadcloud.info/content/multiprom ... &cid=APPNa
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
Brainset
Banned User

Post#31 » by Brainset » Sun Aug 1, 2010 12:07 am

HaHA! I have already seen the great thing!!!
5th pick sucks
Veteran

Post#32 » by 5th pick sucks » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:32 pm

You know what's weird? Before i was a member, i got like 30 viruses a month and when smills91 got banned, i stopped getting viruses. Just sayin
Gek
RealGM

Post#33 » by Gek » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:35 am

#teamhermes
MeestR
Analyst
And1: 429

Post#34 » by MeestR » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:49 pm

new bing ad. it pops my view back to the top while i'm browsing down below.

http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/micros ... 9&rdclick=
ZEMSKARTER
Ballboy

Re: wedding planning 

Post#35 » by ZEMSKARTER » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:51 pm

hi,
if u need a wedding planning so We consulted wedding in the field and we have quite a few new answers regarding our wedding, which should prove helpful and constructive going forward.
thanks
----------------
bridal
ghostinthepost
Sixth Man
And1: 75

Post#36 » by ghostinthepost » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:46 am

That Halloween ad with sound thats all over is here too. Very annoying
AB_21
Analyst
And1: 23

Post#37 » by AB_21 » Tue Nov 2, 2010 12:28 am

ghostinthepost wrote:That Halloween ad with sound thats all over is here too. Very annoying
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#38 » by Avenger » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:00 am

i've been getting a lincoln audio ad
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,907

Post#39 » by JN » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:29 pm

Get rid of the god damn audio ads. Ridiculous.
Gek
RealGM

Post#40 » by Gek » Sat Feb 5, 2011 3:14 am

Audio ads have been infiltrating the site for awhile

Just got one from here

http://localpromotions.info/content/mul ... &audio=off
#teamhermes

Return to Feedback and Suggestions