yardbarker

All Advertising Questions

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!

Post#91 Re: All Advertising Questions
Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:16 pm by BadMofoPimp

CrookedJ wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I have found a solution for visiting RealGM or any other Sports website: Turn my sound off on the PC. It works fine.

The only issue I see with RealGM lately is that Survey thing that pops up out of no-where. But, that happens about one in 10-20 page views, no biggie. But, the other day it popped up over the login page so I couldn't log in. That was annoying, but it is all good. RealGM still has to get paid.

Its Real GM's policy to their advertisers, I am just helping them enforce it. I need to have sound on the PC as I use Skype etc with clients. Sound advertisements lead to the immediate closing of the tab which is not what Real GM wants for its web traffic, and is probably the motivation for excluding the sound ads.

Thanks CR Reina!

It would sure be nice to create a secure web browser where you can control sound coming from just that browser or browser window. I bet that could make some nice money as I could sell that stuff.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 2,220

Post#92 Re: All Advertising Questions
Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:35 am by Howard Mass

I guess Technology will always get better.
Howard Mass

Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 1,230

Post#93 Re: All Advertising Questions
Mon May 21, 2012 9:03 am by BadMofoPimp

Just an FYI, that small video started playing on its own. After I had posted while only clicking the post link, I went back to doing work being I am at work. Well, a few seconds go by then I hear sound of people talking. I tab back to Mozilla to see the "Progress Energy" commercial running. There was no option to pause or stop, but only an option to stop sound. No biggie, it doesn't happen that often.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#94 Re: All Advertising Questions
Mon May 21, 2012 5:05 pm by CR Reina

BadMofoPimp wrote:Just an FYI, that small video started playing on its own. After I had posted while only clicking the post link, I went back to doing work being I am at work. Well, a few seconds go by then I hear sound of people talking. I tab back to Mozilla to see the "Progress Energy" commercial running. There was no option to pause or stop, but only an option to stop sound. No biggie, it doesn't happen that often.

Thanks for the feedback. This ad is appearing on our site by mistake. We've told all of our advertisers that no ads are to run with automatic sound. I'll be on the lookout for it, so I can identify where it is coming from and have it removed.
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 21

Post#95 Re: All Advertising Questions
Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:03 pm by BadMofoPimp

Yesterday while at work, the Toyota commercial started on its own a few seconds after or while loading a page. I hadn't clicked on anything else. To make matters worse being my speakers were set on loud, hahaha, there was no option to Stop, Pause or even cut off the sound. And, it stated that commercial would end in something like 24 seconds. I had to hit <F5> to make it stop.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#96 Re: All Advertising Questions
Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:32 pm by CR Reina

What city are you in?

BadMofoPimp wrote:Yesterday while at work, the Toyota commercial started on its own a few seconds after or while loading a page. I hadn't clicked on anything else. To make matters worse being my speakers were set on loud, hahaha, there was no option to Stop, Pause or even cut off the sound. And, it stated that commercial would end in something like 24 seconds. I had to hit <F5> to make it stop.
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#97 Re: All Advertising Questions
Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:25 pm by BadMofoPimp

Orlando. Lol. I am looking at cars on Craigslist, but haven't visited any dealer sites. Interesting. I look up reviews for cars on Google. Hmmm. Behavioral Advertising. I have been discussing this prospect with Google myself. Nice. Maybe, I will check out a Toyota, lol or an Acura TL.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#98 Re: All Advertising Questions
Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:30 am by BadMofoPimp

Milo's Kitchen commercial just popped up with sound just now when going into a Current Affairs thread. I hadn't clicked on anything. Being I am at work, I cannot have these audio commercials popping up like this.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#99 Re: All Advertising Questions
Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:23 pm by CR Reina

Was the ad from the edge of the site or from a marked word within the post?
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#100 Re: All Advertising Questions
Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:48 am by BadMofoPimp

The one right above "Login" or "Logout". The one that always has a commercial running. Of course, it is normally silent.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#101 Re: All Advertising Questions
Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:48 am by BadMofoPimp

It happened again today. I don't click on anything on the page.

So, I used the Windows 7 "Clipping Tool" to show you the commercial. It doesn't happen every day as you can tell, but it happens every few days where a commercial is popping through with actual sound.

And, this has nothing to do with mouse overs or clicking being I usually click on a link to visit a thread and then go back to work while it loads. Usually, when I hear the sound of the commercial it comes as a surprise being I am at work and usually on a spreadsheet working when I hear it.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#102 Re: All Advertising Questions
Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:12 pm by CR Reina

I just came across the ad myself and identified the source, so it won't appear again. Thanks for your help.
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#103 Re: All Advertising Questions
Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:31 pm by Tave

A McD's ad on the righthand banner fails to render fully on my screen and gives off a multicolor strobe effect.
Tave
Analyst
And1: 432

Post#104 Re: All Advertising Questions
Wed Jul 4, 2012 11:44 am by CR Reina

I saw the same effect with the McDonald's ad last week. I haven't seen the issue happen again though. Have any of you?
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#105 Re: All Advertising Questions
Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:47 pm by TheUroborosWorm

Good night (here in spain)/afternoon, Chrome just stoped me from surfing the forum because the "malware advice" from something called flakmag or something like that.
TheUroborosWorm

Rookie
And1: 176

Post#106 Re: All Advertising Questions
Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:12 pm by Howard Mass

TheUroborosWorm,

Could you please link us to where you saw this?

Thanks!
Howard Mass

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#107 Re: All Advertising Questions
Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:52 pm by TheUroborosWorm

I'm sorry i would gladly link, but didnt think of it then and didnt happened again, if it happens... i will this time, sry bud
TheUroborosWorm

Rookie
And1: 176

Post#108 Re: All Advertising Questions
Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:13 pm by Howard Mass

Not a problem and please let us know next time.
Howard Mass

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#109 Re: All Advertising Questions
Tue Aug 7, 2012 3:58 pm by BadMofoPimp

Oh yeh, I almost forgot. I had sound yesterday on the forums from a Target advertisement. Looked like a commercial with a lady speaking as if she was a news reporter. I took a screenshot crop (windows 7 cutting tool) while at work. Just thought I would mention it in case you are interested. Let me know if you want me to post the pic. -BMP

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#110 Re: All Advertising Questions
Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:19 am by Howard Mass

BadMofoPimp,

Are you still getting these?
Howard Mass

Site Admin
Site Admin