Minor League Fantasy Team Thread

Moderator: jman3134

jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Minor League Fantasy Team Thread 

Post#1 » by jman3134 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:12 am

In order to get this thing started (I know some interested posters still have not responded in the other thread), here is the thread for your teams for those of you who have already registered. Here you can post anything about your team: location, logo, marketing plan, tv plan, fan base. Any information that you would like to include about your team can be posted here.

I kind of just want to get the ball rolling, especially for those who have already registered.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Re: Minor League Fantasy Team Thread 

Post#2 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:34 am

team: Vegas Prospectors

I know this isn't part of the thing we're doing, but a little background:
The league is made up of teams in territories where gambling is legal, Vegas, Atlantic City, Biloxi, even reservations. Going to get gambling and drinking involved to the fullest extent of the law. Don't care about the integrity of the game, just trying to make a high powered degenerate atmosphere with money flowing freely. Instead of individually owned team, a team of investors will own all the teams. Teams will be built around styles. A power team, above the rim slasher team, a 3 point daggers team, etc. Players are traded as the owners committee sees fit. Pomp and circumstance abounds.
mid-post
Analyst
And1: 70

Post#3 » by mid-post » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Introducing the
Baltimore Megalodon
We dominate by straight chomping ****. I can't reveal anything about the style of play yet because I haven't drafted anyone and I'm not even trying to tip my hand. All I can say is we're big and we'll swallow teams up.
#1 pick
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by #1 pick » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:53 pm

Atlanta Ancient Stars

We are the creators, the shooters, and the epitome of what you always wanted to achieve. Your reign above all others leaves you hoping if second place is the only option in the truest of sense. The alpha and omega, the true one and the final one. This team will seek that the best possible results are all that's feasible.

evildallas
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#5 » by evildallas » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:47 pm

The Kansas City Grillers

Logo under design.

Chose the location because it the 31st largest television market in the US and doesn't have an NBA or NHL franchise currently. The team name is a nod to the rich BBQ history of the city. As for a marketing plan, we plan to offer the NBA arena experience (cheerleaders, noise makers, kiss cam, dunker, promo-games) at a minor league price stressing family entertainment. We'll explore promotional partnerships with local businesses and feel that we have a natural fit with restaurant cross-promotion.

No details on the team (playing style, etc) until after the draft.
Going to donkey punch a leprechaun!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,809

Post#6 » by Klomp » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:48 am

Pittsburgh Peacocks

No logo currently

Professional basketball has returned to western Pennsylvania. We will form this team in the same mentality as the rest of the city, hard working, good citizens who get the job done no matter how ugly it gets.

2010 Draft
1. Matt Janning
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
teamjosh04
Senior
And1: 17

Post#7 » by teamjosh04 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:44 pm

New York Nightcrawlers

Have to put a team in the Big Apple. We'll work out a deal with MSG and use that to our advantage when courting potential players.Our players will put on a show to entertain every night - focusing on getting the ball up and down the court quickly.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#8 » by jman3134 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:25 am

special thanks to J~Rush

Elmwood Park Tree Frogs

Arena: New Arena Plan because of a lack of basketball venues in area

Marketing Plan: To use promotions to the fullest to appeal to different clientele in Bergen County. Placed in a more urban town, on Route 46, so it is at the crossroad of Paterson and the more upscale residents in the Bergen County markets. In order to draw more fans, we would have to bring in promotions for different local artists who may be popular in the area to perform at halftime. We would like to attract different target markets by arranging the mini-arena so that there can be different price points for seating, such that we can attract different classes of people to the same venue. In the offseason, the facility would be rented out for high school sports in the Bergen County area. Further, the arena should be such that it can support more sports than basketball. Such a multi-functional arena could serve as a venue for sports clubs across the area, and good teams might travel to practice at this facility- there are quite a bit of private schools in the surrounding area to draw from. We would like to attract particular demographic audiences, so we might want to have half time shows dedicated to a particular culture- preferably either the long-standing Italian cultural presence or the growing Spanish population in the area, depending on the night. Moreover, we are looking to attract some good family fun following the exodus of the New Jersey Nets to Brooklyn, which we have identified as a market opportunity. With limited professional basketball options in the immediate area, individuals and families alike may travel to see a game if the franchise is promoted effectively enough. College basketball has yet to make a resurgence in the Tri-State area and thus, this would be a prime location for a community oriented minor league squad.

A major goal in placing this team at its current location is to bring together crowds from both the up-scale neighborhoods of New Jersey, while also offering season tickets so that other working class families can attend. We have a broad marketing strategy, but are looking to attract niche markets whenever we cater to a specific group through our half time performers and special nights.
In terms of the style of play: we are going to have depth at every possible position and try to have notable team chemistry. That means that we are going to bring in some system players to fill late-draft roster spots. Management has experience in promoting minor league basketball in the past, and we hope that we can continue to be successful.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#9 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:01 am

Atlantic City 3 Outers

Atlantic City is filty, crime ridden and immoral and there's a good chance the opposing team's star player will have a roll of quarters thrown at him during a critical moment of the game at the free throw line, but it's alright, cause we like it that way

We're all in and behind on the turn and nearly drawing dead with all the cheese in the pot.
This is probably where we lose the franchise to the Prospectors, but would we do it again? Absolutely.
Come on 7 of clubs!
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#10 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:20 am

Haha, I created this on the fly and didn't even realize your team is in Elmwood Park.

Didn't realize you're from New Jerusalem.

After the 3 Outers beat the Frogs we can go to the Underpass to toast it up. :D

How'd you become a Grizzlies fan in Jersey?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.

Return to Minor Leagues