Olajuwon: '85 Percent Chance' Howard Signs With Rockets

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Olajuwon: '85 Percent Chance' Howard Signs With Rockets 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 4, 2013 3:24 pm

Hakeem Olajuwon strongly believes Dwight Howard will choose to sign with the Houston Rockets.

"It's an 85 percent chance he ends up in Houston," Olajuwon said on Wednesday. "You never know, but after that meeting we had, I feel very comfortable that we have the best chance to get him."

Olajuwon attended the Rockets' presentation to Howard on Monday in Los Angeles.

Houston pitched Howard on being a focal point of their offense.

"We're going to come to you," Olajuwon said. "You have James Harden there. You have the backcourt. You're going to get the ball. The coach is there knowing we need your presence in the middle. So we were speaking his language. It's what he wanted. So he was so excited."

Via The Post Game

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Olajuwon: '85 Percent Chance' Howard Signs With Rockets 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Thu Jul 4, 2013 4:11 pm

Howard is a selfish coward. He's not going to leave an extra 30 million in guaranteed dollars on the table from the lakers to play in a smaller market than LA. Houston is only a slightly larger market than Orlando and he was not happy there. Orlando like Houston had nice weather and was in an income tax free state. He could have got otis smith and SVG fired before demanding a trade instead he stupidly did the reverse. If Howard goes to Houston which would be a shocker, it would be more about having an intention to win than anything else. I would not be suprised if Howard signs his 5 year 118 million dollar deal with the lakers and than demand a trade to brooklyn at the deadline if the lakers keep losing. He would not be afraid to do the same PR damage to the lakers that he did to the magic. The new CBA prevents tax paying teams like Brooklyn from acquiring players through sign and trade transactions but the loop hole is that it does not prevent them from trading for players who have a signed new deals that have taken effect for less than a year. Expect talks about a lopez for howard swap at the deadline.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#3 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Thu Jul 4, 2013 4:12 pm

I like what Houston is doing, keeping Hakeem Olajuwon on board with the organization. It's what the Miami Heat did with Alonzo Mourning.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
edward00
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#4 » by edward00 » Thu Jul 4, 2013 4:13 pm

LOL.... if Rockets have 85%, then Warriors have 100% chance signing with Howard...

Honestly, I really don't see how Rockets will sign with Howard... unless they are trying to involve a sign-and-trade with other teams as well...but after shipping Robinson off to Portland, the highest paid players are Lin and Asik... Rockets have already made it clear that they weren't going to trade them away... but if they need the extra cap space to sign-and-trade another top agent, they do need the $$$ to get it.. Lin and Asik combines 16 mil a year, and that is more than enough to sign a top agent for 3 years...which is like 36 mil... I didn't say 48 cause they need $$$ to sign others as well....especially parsons when he is not signed to a rookie contract anymore after next year... their SF position is very weak right now... and with the $$$ that is left on the table, is really hard to nab one of the top SF in the free agency.... plus the person that they nab must have the ability to pass the ball well and create their own shots as well... personally I think Andrei fits that position quite well, even though he is aging, he still can compete at a high level with the rest.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#5 » by IMAN5 » Thu Jul 4, 2013 4:36 pm

StrengthNHonor wrote:I like what Houston is doing, keeping Hakeem Olajuwon on board with the organization. It's what the Miami Heat did with Alonzo Mourning.

If only the Knicks did the same with Ewing.
instagram.com/510movement
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,461

Post#6 » by Matches Malone » Thu Jul 4, 2013 4:43 pm

edward00 wrote:LOL.... if Rockets have 85%, then Warriors have 100% chance signing with Howard...

Honestly, I really don't see how Rockets will sign with Howard... unless they are trying to involve a sign-and-trade with other teams as well...but after shipping Robinson off to Portland, the highest paid players are Lin and Asik... Rockets have already made it clear that they weren't going to trade them away... but if they need the extra cap space to sign-and-trade another top agent, they do need the $$$ to get it.. Lin and Asik combines 16 mil a year, and that is more than enough to sign a top agent for 3 years...which is like 36 mil... I didn't say 48 cause they need $$$ to sign others as well....especially parsons when he is not signed to a rookie contract anymore after next year... their SF position is very weak right now... and with the $$$ that is left on the table, is really hard to nab one of the top SF in the free agency.... plus the person that they nab must have the ability to pass the ball well and create their own shots as well... personally I think Andrei fits that position quite well, even though he is aging, he still can compete at a high level with the rest.

Pretty sure James Harden is the highest paid player on the team.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Post#7 » by inquisitive » Thu Jul 4, 2013 4:47 pm

edward00 wrote:LOL.... if Rockets have 85%, then Warriors have 100% chance signing with Howard...

you do know that the rockets can sign howard w/o having to trade asik and lin don't you? they have the capspace to do so...they just need to convince howard to play for them.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Nanogeek
Banned User
And1: 130

Post#8 » by Nanogeek » Thu Jul 4, 2013 5:03 pm

Warriors have to convince the Lakers to do a S&T. Houston just has to sign him.

Rockets could end up doing a S&T too - sending Asik + stuff to the Lakers to allow the Rockets to land Smith. Though more likely its the Hawks that will do the S&T sending Smith to the Rockets.

PG Lin
SG Harden
SF Smith
PF um
C Howard
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#9 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jul 4, 2013 6:35 pm

Nanogeek wrote:Warriors have to convince the Lakers to do a S&T. Houston just has to sign him.

Rockets could end up doing a S&T too - sending Asik + stuff to the Lakers to allow the Rockets to land Smith. Though more likely its the Hawks that will do the S&T sending Smith to the Rockets.

PG Lin
SG Harden
SF Smith
PF um
C Howard
LMAO...you can't be serious. The Lakers despite what ignorant media and fans think aren't doing a S&T with anyone period.

And what makes you think the Lakers would want Asik and his poison pill contract that will mess up our cap space next summer.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Nanogeek
Banned User
And1: 130

Post#10 » by Nanogeek » Thu Jul 4, 2013 6:53 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:
Nanogeek wrote:Warriors have to convince the Lakers to do a S&T. Houston just has to sign him.

PG Lin
SG Harden
SF Smith
PF um
C Howard
LMAO...you can't be serious. The Lakers despite what ignorant media and fans think aren't doing a S&T with anyone period.

And what makes you think the Lakers would want Asik and his poison pill contract that will mess up our cap space next summer.

Well, Mr. GED, if you could read you'd have seen I said "Though more likely its the Hawks that will do the S&T sending Smith to the Rockets."
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Post#11 » by inquisitive » Thu Jul 4, 2013 7:20 pm

Nanogeek wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:

PG Lin
SG Harden
SF Smith
PF um
C Howard

Well, Mr. GED, if you could read you'd have seen I said "Though more likely its the Hawks that will do the S&T sending Smith to the Rockets."

The poison pill only was for during the signing and matching....lin or asik counts only 8.3mil capwise for any team that trades for them...btw, the Rockets only need to be within 150% of the salary(or 5mil whichever is less) coming in in S/T, so if they do it for JSmith and offer him $15mil which i doubt they would if Howard came on board, they would only need to send out $10mil(Asik and White), so Lin isn't going anywhere. I still don't see Rockets offering JSmith more than $12mil/yr with Howard on board. They would rather wait till trade deadline to find a better alternative.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#12 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jul 4, 2013 7:28 pm

Nanogeek wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:

PG Lin
SG Harden
SF Smith
PF um
C Howard

Well, Mr. GED, if you could read you'd have seen I said "Though more likely its the Hawks that will do the S&T sending
Smith to the Rockets."
First off save the insults...you lucky I'm gonna give you a pass and not report it. All it shows is your insecurity because I called out what you and the media think should happen. For a thousand times already the Lakers have stated that they're not doing a S&T period yet you bring it up like they will consider it.

I could care less who does trades all I know is it won't involve the Lakers period.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
UGotThrilled
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#13 » by UGotThrilled » Thu Jul 4, 2013 8:32 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:
Nanogeek wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:LMAO...you can't be serious. The Lakers despite what ignorant media and fans think aren't doing a S&T with anyone period.

Well, Mr. GED, if you could read you'd have seen I said "Though more likely its the Hawks that will do the S&T sending
Smith to the Rockets."
First off save the insults...you lucky I'm gonna give you a pass and not report it. All it shows is your insecurity because I called out what you and the media think should happen. For a thousand times already the Lakers have stated that they're not doing a S&T period yet you bring it up like they will consider it.

I could care less who does trades all I know is it won't involve the Lakers period.

Just wanted you to know that you don't have to type out period, there is a key for it two spaces to the right of the "m" key.
tcs10cu
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#14 » by tcs10cu » Thu Jul 4, 2013 10:40 pm

"And what makes you think the Lakers would want Asik and his poison pill contract that will mess up our cap space next summer.[/quote]
Well, Mr. GED, if you could read you'd have seen I said "Though more likely its the Hawks that will do the S&T sending Smith to the Rockets."[/quote]

The poison pill only was for during the signing and matching....lin or asik counts only 8.3mil capwise for any team that trades for them...btw, the Rockets only need to be within 150% of the salary(or 5mil whichever is less) coming in in S/T, so if they do it for JSmith and offer him $15mil which i doubt they would if Howard came on board, they would only need to send out $10mil(Asik and White), so Lin isn't going anywhere. I still don't see Rockets offering JSmith more than $12mil/yr with Howard on board. They would rather wait till trade deadline to find a better alternative.[/quote]

so many people dont know how this "poison pill" works thank for the intelligent post. if Dwight Howard goes back to the Lakers and says "I am not signing with you." They will try to get something for him via sign and trade because they also lost Bynum via Dwight...they cannot afford to lose these two young big men for nothing. I agree it is unlikely to see a sign and trade but simple because Mitch Kupchek says something in public does not mean he wont turn around and do it either, only the extremely gullible fan believes everything from a GM's mouth, duh.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#15 » by texasholdem » Fri Jul 5, 2013 3:21 am

Cleveland and Toronto also said they wouldn't do a S&T and they ended up getting multiple first round picks for LeBron and Bosh
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
Roseventyfour
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#16 » by Roseventyfour » Fri Jul 5, 2013 3:26 am

Size of the market isn't Howard's problem it's that he has the personality of a wetarded 15 year old. No one will want to see a tv show starring this idiot.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#17 » by PDXKnight » Fri Jul 5, 2013 5:28 pm

Roseventyfour wrote:Size of the market isn't Howard's problem it's that he has the personality of a wetarded 15 year old. No one will want to see a tv show starring this idiot.

I think Howard sees himself as the show more than the star of the show..
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#18 » by texasholdem » Fri Jul 5, 2013 6:30 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:. For a thousand times already the Lakers have stated that they're not doing a S&T period yet you bring it up like they will consider it.

Sounds like they are considering it now.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#19 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jul 5, 2013 7:43 pm

texasholdem wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:. For a thousand times already the Lakers have stated that they're not doing a S&T period yet you bring it up like they will consider it.

I doubt it. ....I'm not beliving this site. Living in LA and the hearing the stuff you guys can't get info on, I'm trusting what I hear in LA. But I'm not the type to think it's not totally impossiable.We'll see how it turns out.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Post#20 » by the_process » Fri Jul 5, 2013 7:58 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

I doubt it. ....I'm not beliving this site. Living in LA and the hearing the stuff you guys can't get info on, I'm trusting what I hear in LA. But I'm not the type to think it's not totally impossiable.We'll see how it turns out.

First Internet tough guy, then Mr. Insider LA. lol did anyone hear a teenager in mom's basement? LA may prefer Dwight to walk rather than a S&T simply because they would actually have cap room next summer. The exalted "2014 plan". We'll certainly see how it all plays out. If GS needs to clear cap for Dwight, the Sixers are listening...

Return to Wiretap Discussion