Metta World Peace Agrees To Two-Year Deal With Knicks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Metta World Peace Agrees To Two-Year Deal With Knicks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:02 pm

Metta World Peace has agreed to a two-year deal with the New York Knicks.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Metta World Peace Agrees To Two-Year Deal With Knicks 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:29 pm

What happened to tyrus thomas, wasn't he amnestied on the first day of the amnesty period like mwp. I think tyrus would be a great fit on the spurs backing up and learning from tim duncan. Thomas will learn to be a professional playing with veterans and being coached by a guy who's won championships. Tyrus was the 4th pick in his draft year and is only 26. He actually played well with the bulls, it was when he got dumped to charlotte that his career took a bad turn. If the bulls didn't trade tyrus away to clear cap room to try to get lebron who didn't sign with them, then he would be on the team instead of boozer.
relinquishy
Senior
And1: 190

Post#3 » by relinquishy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:33 pm

So I guess we can now refer to the New York Knicks as the New York Retirement Home.
burritoKURUMA
Senior
And1: 498

Post#4 » by burritoKURUMA » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:38 pm

relinquishy wrote:So I guess we can now refer to the New York Knicks as the New York Retirement Home.

Wasn't that last year's joke? If anything, they got younger this year.
Envy019
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#5 » by Envy019 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:47 pm

As funny as the jokes get, i really think they got better with this.
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#6 » by Dolphin Lips » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Welcome home!!
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

P3JA for 3
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#7 » by P3JA for 3 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Can't wait for the Artest, Amare, Bargnani, and JR Smith Lineup.

This move doesn't help out offense at all. I'd rather have Copeland than Artest, but Artest is still one of my alltime favorites, for his defense. He's too slow to guard SF on the perimeter.
Peja, Iverson, CP3, T-Mac, Starks, Artest. Will never get over how the 01-02 Kings got cheated by the refs.

http://twitter.com/Jsnwwf
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Dolphin Lips » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:35 pm

P3JA for 3 wrote:Can't wait for the Artest, Amare, Bargnani, and JR Smith Lineup.

This move doesn't help out offense at all. I'd rather have Copeland than Artest, but Artest is still one of my alltime favorites, for his defense. He's too slow to guard SF on the perimeter.

Copeland was a 29 year old virgin... Look how good Lin did without being in NY... Plus it was Bargnani that prevented us from re-signing Copeland, not Artest and our offense doesn't need help, our defense does
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#9 » by Mamba Venom » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:42 pm

Amnesty Q:

Does MWP get double paid or do the Lakers make up the difference between MWP's guaranteed contract amount and what the Knicks will pay him?
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,630

Post#10 » by DE FENSE » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:44 pm

relinquishy wrote:So I guess we can now refer to the New York Knicks as the New York Retirement Home.

No, that's Brooklyn this year LOL
Nets31
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#11 » by Nets31 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Mamba Venom wrote:Amnesty Q:

Does MWP get double paid or do the Lakers make up the difference between MWP's guaranteed contract amount and what the Knicks will pay him?

Lakers pay the difference
tcs10cu
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#12 » by tcs10cu » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:13 pm

Sam195 wrote:What happened to tyrus thomas, wasn't he amnestied on the first day of the amnesty period like mwp. I think tyrus would be a great fit on the spurs backing up and learning from tim duncan. Thomas will learn to be a professional playing with veterans and being coached by a guy who's won championships. Tyrus was the 4th pick in his draft year and is only 26. He actually played well with the bulls, it was when he got dumped to charlotte that his career took a bad turn. If the bulls didn't trade tyrus away to clear cap room to try to get lebron who didn't sign with them, then he would be on the team instead of boozer.

Tyrus Thomas has not been "good" in the NBA yet...you not watching same guy as me...
P3JA for 3
Sophomore

Post#13 » by P3JA for 3 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:12 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:
P3JA for 3 wrote:Can't wait for the Artest, Amare, Bargnani, and JR Smith Lineup.

Copeland was a 29 year old virgin... Look how good Lin did without being in NY... Plus it was Bargnani that prevented us from re-signing Copeland, not Artest and our offense doesn't need help, our defense does

Lin needs the ball in his hand to play well. Harden is their primary ballhandler. Problem. Now, as for Copeland. He stretched the floor, could go 1 on 1, and STRETCHED the floor. I dont trust Artest taking a wide open 3, and neither will opposing coaches be afraid Artest going off, hitting 3 consecutive 3s while a PF like D. West, Boozer, or KG are on him. Copeland was a matchup problem that yes, wasnt a good rebounder or defender, but he could get hot. Lets see how you like the move when Artest goes 1/9 from the 3 pt line. Again, I like Artest, alot, but its not all good.
Peja, Iverson, CP3, T-Mac, Starks, Artest. Will never get over how the 01-02 Kings got cheated by the refs.

PDX_DL0
Senior
And1: 54

Post#14 » by PDX_DL0 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:

Artest is an upgrade over Copeland. Never hurts to add a champion to the roster.

Way to take Lin's situation with context... :roll: . He did way better in HOU than NY. With a usage rate from 28.1 (NY) to a 20.8(HOU) he still lowered his TO's and improved his 3pt%. He even doubled his OWS and DWS.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... nje01.html
"coaches are irrelevant in todays nba" - captlopez0012
P3JA for 3
Sophomore

Post#15 » by P3JA for 3 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:

Offense was the Knicks' problem, not defense, JR was horrible, Novak was a waste since he cant play defense, Amare(paid 20mill for offense) was injured, and West/Hibbert were sagging off of none finishers(unless they are dunking) in K-Mart and Chandler. All you need to do is put a hand up, and they will miss the layup. They were no threats down low, offensively. Knicks were more than fine on defense. You're talking like they were being shot out of the building. They go small, and that lead to them losing rebounding battles. Its the price they pay for floor spacing on offense. Look at the Heat. They play small, and were the worst rebounding team in the lg.

P3JA for 3
Sophomore

Post#16 » by P3JA for 3 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:39 pm

PDX_DL0 wrote:
Dolphin Lips wrote:

Artest is an upgrade over Copeland. Never hurts to add a champion to the roster.

That is a very black and white way to look at it. Like I said, if you were a coach opposing the Knicks, lets use IND for example. If Chandler, Artest, and Melo are on the court, but Chandler is under the basket, and Artest is by the 3 pt line, what will you do? Let George play 1 on 1 defense, or sag off/double of of Artest, who shoots bricks from 3s a large percentage of the time? It takes away their ability to play small ball effeciently, which was why they were so good. Carmelo played PF, remember. Barg helps him do similer stuff, but now instead having D. West matchup on Shumpert because he wasnt going to guard Prigioni, Felon, or Melo, noe he'll have to guard Artest, which is SUCH an easier matchup.

Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect

Post#17 » by Dolphin Lips » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:21 pm

P3JA for 3
Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:33 PM

Offense was the Knicks' problem, not defense, JR was horrible, Novak was a waste since he cant play defense, Amare(paid 20mill for offense) was injured, and West/Hibbert were sagging off of none finishers(unless they are dunking) in K-Mart and Chandler. All you need to do is put a hand up, and they will miss the layup.

You just contradicted your argument and made my point- JR was horrible, Novak was a waste since he cant play defense, Amare(paid 20mill for offense) was injured, and West/Hibbert were sagging off of none finishers(unless they are dunking) in K-Mart and Chandler. All you need to do is put a hand up, and they will miss the layup.
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

Tim Reynolds
Senior
And1: 970

Post#18 » by Tim Reynolds » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:06 pm

It's going to exciting to see them get knocked out the playoffs again this year!
ATTL wrote:Honestly you people laugh at toilet paper hoarders, but you really dont have enough toilet paper yourselves. The average person uses 1 roll per day. If you have a family of 4, that's 28 rolls a week. Over 100 a month.
P3JA for 3
Sophomore

Post#19 » by P3JA for 3 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:56 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:P3JA for 3
Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:33 PM

Offense was the Knicks' problem, not defense, JR was horrible, Novak was a waste since he cant play defense, Amare(paid 20mill for offense) was injured, and West/Hibbert were sagging off of none finishers(unless they are dunking) in K-Mart and Chandler. All you need to do is put a hand up, and they will miss the layup.

You just contradicted your argument and made my point- JR was horrible, Novak was a waste since he cant play defense, Amare(paid 20mill for offense) was injured, and West/Hibbert were sagging off of none finishers(unless they are dunking) in K-Mart and Chandler. All you need to do is put a hand up, and they will miss the layup.

That wasnt a response. What happened?

Return to Wiretap Discussion