Taylor Expects Timberwolves To Reach Agreement With Pekovic

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Taylor Expects Timberwolves To Reach Agreement With Pekovic 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Glen Taylor expects the Minnesota Timberwolves to reach a free agent agreement with Nikola Pekovic.

The Timberwolves made Pekovic an offer -- believed to be a four-year deal worth as much as $50 million -- and Taylor said Pekovic's camp made a counterproposal.

"My sense is, I think we both know he's going to be playing for our team next year," Taylor said. "I think we're just dealing with an element time of here. I would tell you I'm very positive that he'll play for our team. What we have left isn't something that can't be resolved. There doesn't seem to be a lot of pressure on us or him to get it done. A meet has been set up in the future.

"I'm confident it'll get done. I've been through so many of things. You say, `It's just money, Glen.' I think we'll get it done. He's an important part of our team. He wants to be back and we want him here."

Pekovic averaged 16.3 points and 8.8 rebounds last season for the Timberwolves.

Via Jerry Zgoda/Minneapolis Star Tribune

gold0259
Sixth Man
And1: 65

Re: Taylor Expects Timberwolves To Reach Agreement With Peko 

Post#2 » by gold0259 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:43 pm

I don't think he deserves that much money.
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#3 » by Dolphin Lips » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:10 pm

gold0259 wrote:I don't think he deserves that much money.

Nah, 12m a year is too much .... Here comes everyone that says we don't watch the T-Wolves, we dont know Pek
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

Juicyjcant
Junior
And1: 21

Post#4 » by Juicyjcant » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:38 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:

Nah, 12m a year is too much .... Here comes everyone that says we don't watch the T-Wolves, we dont know Pek

If you have a good center you're going to pay him 12 million plain and simple. Much rather pay him around 12 million than Andrea Bargnani for 11 million. What a joke :lol:
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#5 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:42 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:

12 mil is fair for a great defensive big who can score in the post, and rebound. He is going to get paid equally to that of Al jeff, who is older, and can't play solid defence.
Credits to Jstock12
Juicyjcant
Junior

Post#6 » by Juicyjcant » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:

Also I'm not sure how you know how contracts work in the NBA.

Look it up McGee makes 10.75, 11.25, 12.00. Randolph makes 17.8, 16.5. Bynum is making 12 and 12.5 with the last year unguaranteed. Okafor has been playing on 6 years/72 million. B Lopez is playing on 4 years/60 million. Andrew Bogut is playing on 5yr/60 million. Al Jeff is paid 3yr/41 million. Nene is playing on 5yrs/65 million. Your very own Tyson Chandler is playing on 4yrs/58 million... etc.

Know your stuff before running your dolphin lips :)
gold0259
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by gold0259 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:40 pm

Juicyjcant wrote:
Dolphin Lips wrote:

If you have a good center you're going to pay him 12 million plain and simple. Much rather pay him around 12 million than Andrea Bargnani for 11 million. What a joke :lol:

You can't look at it like that. Andrea is going to suck in NY, with Chandler and Amare commanding minutes. Allthose heavy contracts are from the past. Pek is still unproven! 1 good year with all the injuries he was the only one to grab boards and score.
gold0259
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by gold0259 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:41 pm

If these players cared about the team and Pek is basically breast fed by Rubio, they would think about the team and not how much they can hold the team hostage for.
Juicyjcant
Junior

Post#9 » by Juicyjcant » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:05 pm

gold0259 wrote:
Juicyjcant wrote:
Dolphin Lips wrote:

You can't look at it like that. Andrea is going to suck in NY, with Chandler and Amare commanding minutes. Allthose heavy contracts are from the past. Pek is still unproven! 1 good year with all the injuries he was the only one to grab boards and score.

He's been as physically dominant with a high fg% for three straight seasons (51.7, 56.4, 52.0) with high ft% for a big man (76.3, 74.3, 74.4) First with Rubio and Love healthy, second with Rubio out, and third with Love out. We saw what Pek did with Rubio this year, saw what he did with Love the year before (3.9 off reb with 27 mpg, 4.1 off for Love in that same year tied for the highest in the league), and was great the first year too. Not to mention this guy was an absolute beast in Europe before he came over. Everyone's just gotta stay healthy.
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#10 » by Dolphin Lips » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:55 pm

I have to say I gained a lot of respect to T-Wolves fans, I see your passion... But you are still wrong.. I never said Pek is bad, but if you think he is going to average those numbers with K Love back in the rotation I want your doctors number- Comparing Bargniani to Pek is apples and oranges, different skil set-- All I said was 12m to a center is a lot to dish out in todays NBA where PG/SG/SF dominate the league-
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

piggyfield
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#11 » by piggyfield » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:42 pm

TdotRap4Lyfe wrote:
Dolphin Lips wrote:

12 mil is fair for a great defensive big who can score in the post, and rebound. He is going to get paid equally to that of Al jeff, who is older, and can't play solid defence.

+1
i cant agree with you anymore.
but someone dont think so.his off. rebound is so great.
i think a healthy pekovic is better than DH12.
Nanogeek
Banned User
And1: 130

Post#12 » by Nanogeek » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:12 pm

I would have loved it if the Bobcats signed Pekovic instead of AJ to AJ's deal.

Return to Wiretap Discussion