Mavericks Near Deal With DeJuan Blair

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Mavericks Near Deal With DeJuan Blair 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:16 pm

The Dallas Mavericks are close to a deal with DeJuan Blair.

Blair has been expected to leave the San Antonio Spurs for several seasons after he fell out of Gregg Popovich's rotation.

The Mavericks will feature the additions of Blair and Samuel Dalembert to the frontcourt this offseason.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Mavericks Near Deal With DeJuan Blair 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Mavericks steal another spurs role player. I still remember when they claimed mahimi off waivers. For some reason disgruntled spurs players seem to thrive in dallas.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#3 » by texasholdem » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:40 pm

Sam195 wrote:Mavericks steal another spurs role player. I still remember when they claimed mahimi off waivers. For some reason disgruntled spurs players seem to thrive in dallas.

Mahimni thrived so much in Dallas that they traded him away for Collison.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
captlopez0012
Junior
And1: 8

Post#4 » by captlopez0012 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:42 pm

dear realgm, please quit reporting garbage signings on your main page. save that for team pages.
cs hauser
Suspended
And1: 75

Post#5 » by cs hauser » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:49 pm

texasholdem wrote:
Sam195 wrote:Mavericks steal another spurs role player. I still remember when they claimed mahimi off waivers. For some reason disgruntled spurs players seem to thrive in dallas.

First of all, Mahinmi was not just traded to Indiana. He was a free agent. He was signed-and-traded.

Mahinmi was a minimum salary player from San Antonio when he joined the Mavs. When he left Dallas, he was an NBA Champion with a $16 million dollar contract offer from Indiana. I call that "thriving".
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#6 » by The59Sound » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:52 pm

captlopez0012 wrote:dear realgm, please quit reporting garbage signings on your main page. save that for team pages.

What's the harm? It's not like there's other stories being pushed out. The list is usually pretty stale in general.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
bobsquad
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#7 » by bobsquad » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:12 am

texasholdem wrote:

I'd take Collison's 2012-13 (and contract) over Mahinmi's any day.
holla3mikeg
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#8 » by holla3mikeg » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:01 am

As a Mavs fan, I feel obligated to tell you that Collison was terrible last season. Which explains why he was benched in favor if the likes of Fisher and Mike James. Collisons are a dime a dozen. Athletic bigs like Mahinmi? Not so much.

Return to Wiretap Discussion