Al Harrington Clears Waivers

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Al Harrington Clears Waivers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Aug 4, 2013 11:33 pm

Al Harrington has cleared waivers and is now an unrestricted free agent.

Harrington was waived last week by the Orlando Magic.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

watpho71
Junior
And1: 111

Re: Al Harrington Clears Waivers 

Post#2 » by watpho71 » Mon Aug 5, 2013 2:58 am

He should have more in the tank than Lamar Odom. Al did carve out a nice role off the bench in Denver two seasons ago and could be effective in a similar role with the Lakers.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#3 » by Fresh360Waves » Mon Aug 5, 2013 7:34 am

watpho71 wrote:He should have more in the tank than Lamar Odom. Al did carve out a nice role off the bench in Denver two seasons ago and could be effective in a similar role with the Lakers.

Eh I'd say maybe a camp invite just to see what he can do? I mean the guy hasn't played ball in quite awhile.
Quadruple H
Senior
And1: 200

Post#4 » by Quadruple H » Mon Aug 5, 2013 3:42 pm

Harrington and D'antoni reunited... I predict many frustrated Laker fans and grateful Knick fans
P3JA for 3
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#5 » by P3JA for 3 » Mon Aug 5, 2013 4:04 pm

Quadruple H wrote:Harrington and D'antoni reunited... I predict many frustrated Laker fans and grateful Knick fans

Harrington avg 21ppg on 44% with Knicks. Not his fault the roster wasnt that good.
Peja, Iverson, CP3, T-Mac, Starks, Artest. Will never get over how the 01-02 Kings got cheated by the refs.

http://twitter.com/Jsnwwf
Quadruple H
Senior

Post#6 » by Quadruple H » Mon Aug 5, 2013 5:43 pm

P3JA for 3 wrote:
Quadruple H wrote:Harrington and D'antoni reunited... I predict many frustrated Laker fans and grateful Knick fans

Harrington avg 21ppg on 44% with Knicks. Not his fault the roster wasnt that good.

Lol, roster may not have been very good... but he certainly cost NY LOTS of games (2 against the clippers on backboard slapping technicals! LOL). And the other thing I was pointing out in my post was that D'antoni gave him the green light, allowing him to get those avgs. Not bad stats... but I dont think you'll find many that actually watched the Knicks during those seasons who thought those stats were a good respresentation of his value to a team.
Quadruple H
Senior

Post#7 » by Quadruple H » Mon Aug 5, 2013 6:06 pm

Not even trying to hate on Al really (altho I did hate him pretty bad while he was on the Knicks), when someone mentioned LA I first thought to myself that actually would be a good pick up for them to add some offense. But then I pictured Kobe being out for the beginning of the season, and the fact that D'antoni's the coach just brings back some nightmares
watpho71
Junior
And1: 111

Post#8 » by watpho71 » Mon Aug 5, 2013 6:36 pm

watpho71 wrote:He should have more in the tank than Lamar Odom. Al did carve out a nice role off the bench in Denver two seasons ago and could be effective in a similar role with the Lakers.

This could be a good fit for both sides. The Lakers get a vet at the minimum with the potential to fill a role they are in need of which is bench production from the power forward. Kaman and Sacre are more true centers.
There are potential minutes there for Harrington if his game is in form. And the reality is the Lakers are somewhat desperate and should be willing to see this as a low risk high reward signing.

Return to Wiretap Discussion