Wade Plans To Stay With Heat Beyond Next Season

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Wade Plans To Stay With Heat Beyond Next Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:51 am

Dwyane Wade plans to sign another long-term deal with the Miami Heat.

Wade, along with LeBron James and Chris Bosh, is likely to opt-out after the 2013-14 season.

"I'm not going to deal with it," Wade said of the speculation that will envelop James. "I'm going to address it on media day and that'll be the last time I address it. But obviously it's a part of it."

Wade has spent all 10 of his NBA seasons in South Florida.

"Everyone knows where I want to be," he said. "That's what it's all about to me, is making sure we focus on this season, winning this championship.

"I want to be in Miami and I have nothing else to talk about. So there won't be no exciting news over here."

Via Ira Winderman/South Florida Sun-Sentinel

dkjjr
Junior
And1: 17

Re: Wade Plans To Stay With Heat Beyond Next Season 

Post#2 » by dkjjr » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:07 am

Some drama between the queens of Miami. One wants to stay, two are undecided, where will they go? Find out July 1st 2014!!
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,173

Post#3 » by King4Day » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:14 am

I wonder if he demands the max. I hope he does so it cash straps Miami. He isn't worth that much anymore.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
NamelessHero
Junior
And1: 79

Post#4 » by NamelessHero » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:47 am

DarkHawk wrote:I wonder if he demands the max. I hope he does so it cash straps Miami. He isn't worth that much anymore.

he is worth max one of the best players in the league
At certain moments, always unforeseen, I become happy…
I look at strangers near as if I had known them all my life…
everything fills me with affection…
It may be an hour before the mood passes,
but ultimately I seem to understand

no more space in sig
devilsace
Junior
And1: 334

Post#5 » by devilsace » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:12 am

NamelessHero wrote:
DarkHawk wrote:I wonder if he demands the max. I hope he does so it cash straps Miami. He isn't worth that much anymore.

He was not one of the best players in the league last here...he had a subpar regular season last year and disappeared in the playoffs except for about 3 games...I can easily think of 10-15 players who outperformed him last year
edward00
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#6 » by edward00 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:47 am

WOW...what are you guys smoking here....god....it seems like you guys haven't been watching NBA for the past 5 years....

OF COURSE HE'S NOT GOING TO DEMAND MAX....HE KNOWS THE IMPORTANCE OF LEBRON JAMES!!!!

geez.............

why the hell would he want to demand max when he wants to win more than 3 championship.

everyone knows that in order to have a championship contending team, you need at least 1 superstar on your team to even have any kind of chance to get championship, let alone that LeBron is only one of the rare people that has an all-around level in this day and age...even with the deep 2014 draft class, it will still take them a few years to get their feet wet and actually play at a superstar level in this league...Wade knows he ain't getting any younger, and he is at his prime now, maybe almost past his prime...

I guess Chris Bosh is still an important piece to the team even despite the fact he was scoreless in Game 7 of the finals....I thought they would amnesty him and sign a really decent player....

Wade signing with Heat doesn't guarantee LeBron staying...because LeBron knows that if they're both on the same team, Wade will always get 1 more championship than him..unless Lebron can get 2 more after Wade retires...

If LeBron doesn't really care about who has more rings, then I guess the best decision is to stay in Miami...

The reason is quite simple:

Lakers: probably no player will want to play under D'Antoni

Cavs: Yes, they've got Kyrie, but Bynum is not locked in 100% yet, and there's still a lot of chemistry that is needed to build on if LeBron goes back

New York: I don't think New York has the right pieces to win championship, even adding LeBron

Other teams: I really can't think of any teams that has enough salary camp and caliber to sign LeBron. maybe Bulls, but there's so much hate for Miami Heat, I doubt he'll even go there....

So the conclusion is, I think LeBron still has more than 60% chance of re-signing with the Heat, unless he sees a wayyy better opportunity than the Heat.....
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#7 » by NBADraft2003 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:02 am

devilsace wrote:
NamelessHero wrote:

He was not one of the best players in the league last here...he had a subpar regular season last year and disappeared in the playoffs except for about 3 games...I can easily think of 10-15 players who outperformed him last year

21 points on 52% is a subpar season? Know your stuff bruh!
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#8 » by NBADraft2003 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:12 am

dkjjr wrote:Some drama between the queens of Miami. One wants to stay, two are undecided, where will they go? Find out July 1st 2014!!

Wrong headline!You only got LeBron as a mystery, Chris said he wanted to be in Miami for the rest of his career and Dwyane just committed. So it's "Find out where LeClutch goes beginning July 1,2014!" But it's most likely he'll stay with this organization and do the same thing Dwyane did in 2010.
nimit
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#9 » by nimit » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:10 pm

If I were LeBron, I would stay with Miami... and I think that's what will end up happening if the 3 stooges can work their salaries out.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 179

Post#10 » by puja21 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:04 pm

NBADraft2003 wrote:
devilsace wrote:
NamelessHero wrote:

he's definitely in decline; lowest numbers per 36 minutes almost across the board since his rookie year.
he didn't block over a shot a game for the 1st time in 5 years. even with bosh/james taking he hasn't been near 6-7 assists since his prime.

that said, still a great player and still worth tons of money to the miami franchise
dkjjr
Junior
And1: 17

Post#11 » by dkjjr » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:26 pm

LeBron - Max
Wade - 6-8 Mil
Bosh - 6-8 Mil
That leaves almost half of their cap to replace some old guys like Battier, Allen (if he retires), Jones, Anthony, etc.
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#12 » by Dolphin Lips » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:09 pm

Every team has their downfall....

Real GM- Need some editors?- 'Wade, along with LeBron James and Chris Bosh, is likely to opt-out after the 2013-14 season.'
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

Badandy
Junior
And1: 18

Post#13 » by Badandy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:Every team has their downfall....

Real GM- Need some editors?- 'Wade, along with LeBron James and Chris Bosh, is likely to opt-out after the 2013-14 season.'

RealGM's editing is horrendous, but what's wrong with this quote? It should be "is".
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#14 » by Dolphin Lips » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Badandy wrote:

RealGM's editing is horrendous, but what's wrong with this quote? It should be "is".

I'm not an English major but shouldn't it say ARE and not IS
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 166

Post#15 » by wizkid27 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:21 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:
Badandy wrote:

Nope... it is referring to just Wade. The sentence reads the same as "Wade is likely to opt-out". The comma before and after "along with LeBron James and Chris Bosh" denotes that it is just extra information.
sfxx
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#16 » by sfxx » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:32 pm

wizkid27 wrote:
Dolphin Lips wrote:
Badandy wrote:

Nope... it is referring to just Wade. The sentence reads the same as "Wade is likely to opt-out". The comma before and after "along with LeBron James and Chris Bosh" denotes that it is just extra information.

Lol this is right.

puja21 wrote:
NBADraft2003 wrote:
devilsace wrote:

he's definitely in decline; lowest numbers per 36 minutes almost across the board since his rookie year.
he didn't block over a shot a game for the 1st time in 5 years. even with bosh/james taking he hasn't been near 6-7 assists since his prime.

that said, still a great player and still worth tons of money to the miami franchise

He's getting old but he doesn't HAVE to have those numbers he used to have anymore. That's the benefit of having someone like LBJ on the team.
lander
Veteran
And1: 768

Post#17 » by lander » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:43 pm

When you mention more than one person, the correct word is are.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#18 » by PandaKidd » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:03 pm

lander wrote:When you mention more than one person, the correct word is are.

not true, the editing is correct.

Wade, along with lebron james and chris bosh, is likely to remain with the Heat.

is likely to remain with the HEAT is referring to Wade, not Wade/LBJ/Bosh. In this instance you remove the portion in the commas to determine what verb to use

Wade IS likely to remain with the HEAT. = Correct
Wade ARE likely to remain with the HEAT. = INCORRECT

You would be right if the sentence was:
Wade, Lebron, And Bosh are likely to remain with the HEAT.
Heatin4
Banned User
And1: 347

Post#19 » by Heatin4 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Wade is up there with Jordan in terms of Elite NBA ability. Hard to match.
NamelessHero
Junior
And1: 79

Post#20 » by NamelessHero » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Wade would be a no 1 option in any nba team save miami
At certain moments, always unforeseen, I become happy…
I look at strangers near as if I had known them all my life…
everything fills me with affection…
It may be an hour before the mood passes,
but ultimately I seem to understand

no more space in sig

Return to Wiretap Discussion