Connelly: Nuggets 'Lucky' To Sign Nate Robinson

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Connelly: Nuggets 'Lucky' To Sign Nate Robinson 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Nate Robinson is coming off a career season and signed a two-year deal with the Denver Nuggets in free agency, and Tim Connelly was adamant the team is fortunate to acquire him.

"We were lucky (to get him), because Nate was sought after by playoff teams," Connelly said.

Robinson averaged 13.1 points and 4.4 assists last season for the Chicago Bulls, who elected not to re-sign him despite his consistent, energetic and dynamic year.

Robinson is expected to come off the Nuggets' bench this season.

Via Chris Dempsey/Denver Post

PDX_DL0
Senior
And1: 54

Re: Connelly: Nuggets 'Lucky' To Sign Nate Robinson 

Post#2 » by PDX_DL0 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:14 pm

is he implying that the Nuggets aren't a playoff team? I get he's showing his appreciation for aquiring Nate but it kinda comes off as a lack of confidence in their GM position. Denver is always a fun team to watch
"coaches are irrelevant in todays nba" - captlopez0012
CEOSports
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#3 » by CEOSports » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:08 pm

PDX_DL0 wrote:is he implying that the Nuggets aren't a playoff team? I get he's showing his appreciation for aquiring Nate but it kinda comes off as a lack of confidence in their GM position. Denver is always a fun team to watch

Definitely sounds like he doesn't expect the Nuggets to make the playoffs. Definite lower seed 5-8
DontHateMiami
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#4 » by DontHateMiami » Tue Oct 1, 2013 2:41 am

Nate was done dirty by the Bulls and other teams, but, mainly the Bulls. Dude made me miserable watching him ball on the Heat a number of times, he deserved this contract.
youblewwit
Sophomore

Post#5 » by youblewwit » Tue Oct 1, 2013 7:14 am

DontHateMiami wrote:Nate was done dirty by the Bulls and other teams, but, mainly the Bulls. Dude made me miserable watching him ball on the Heat a number of times, he deserved this contract.

Definitely done dirty. I don't know why no team offered him the $3mil MMLE, but he deserved that.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#6 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Oct 1, 2013 11:46 am

DontHateMiami wrote:Nate was done dirty by the Bulls and other teams, but, mainly the Bulls. Dude made me miserable watching him ball on the Heat a number of times, he deserved this contract.

Actually Nate got more than what the Bulls could offer. So Nate didn't wasn't done dirty by the Bulls. If you noticed, no other teams were offering him the money he was looking for either. Hence why he signed a contract so late.
The Cult of Personality
youblewwit
Sophomore

Post#7 » by youblewwit » Tue Oct 1, 2013 8:47 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:

Actually Nate got more than what the Bulls could offer. So Nate didn't wasn't done dirty by the Bulls. If you noticed, no other teams were offering him the money he was looking for either. Hence why he signed a contract so late.

Actually, the Bulls used the $3mil MMLE on Dunleavy. Nate got $2mil.
Heatin4
Banned User
And1: 347

Post#8 » by Heatin4 » Wed Oct 2, 2013 6:04 pm

Its ok, the Bulls got the capable scorer in Dunlevy.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#9 » by IMAN5 » Wed Oct 2, 2013 8:16 pm

He's incredibly talented and can ball, but there is a reason why the guy has never had a significant long term deal.

Should say something about his attitude and character, dude is straight up annoying.
instagram.com/510movement

Return to Wiretap Discussion