Derrick Rose Surprised By Strength Of Knee

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Derrick Rose Surprised By Strength Of Knee 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Derrick Rose has been surprised by how well his knee has felt during training camp.

“I’m very surprised,’’ Rose said, “having the opportunity to go out and see how it is. I’m just trying to knock the rust off. Of course, I’m going to be a little rusty because I missed so many days, missed so many games, but I’m happy we have this many preseason games because it gives me the opportunity to go out there and really try things along the way.’’

“Derrick’s speed is special, and we think Joakim [ Noah’s] speed at his position is special," Tom Thibodeau said. “So we need everyone going at their max speed, so that they can get used to playing with each other at that speed. If they’re only doing it at certain times, you’re not going to get anywhere. You get your intensity from giving max effort and concentrating all the time, and when you put those two together, you’ll get a rare intensity.’’

Via Joe Cowley/Chicago Sun-Times

Juicyjcant
Junior
And1: 21

Re: Derrick Rose Surprised By Strength Of Knee 

Post#2 » by Juicyjcant » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:53 pm

omg my legs are so muscular and strong, I can kick through concrete like butter. stfu rose tired of these "I got so much better, I am so much stronger, I am so much faster" bull. We the fans will be the judge of that
Keller61
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#3 » by Keller61 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Juicyjcant wrote:omg my legs are so muscular and strong, I can kick through concrete like butter. stfu rose tired of these "I got so much better, I am so much stronger, I am so much faster" bull. We the fans will be the judge of that

How would you rather have him answer the question?
Keller61
RealGM

Post#4 » by Keller61 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:00 pm

This article is very misleading. Rose was talking about his body in general not feeling sore; he wasn't talking about his knee.

http://voices.suntimes.com/sports/video ... interview/
MICHAEL_JORDAN
Banned User
And1: 124

Post#5 » by MICHAEL_JORDAN » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:05 pm

Keller61 wrote:This article is very misleading. Rose was talking about his body in general not feeling sore; he wasn't talking about his knee.

haha, yeah, but if you listen he's talking about his knee. he doesn't actually say it, but you can assume that because of his language. But yeah, the title shouldn't actually say knee then...they lied!!
Keller61
RealGM

Post#6 » by Keller61 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:12 pm

MICHAEL_JORDAN wrote:
Keller61 wrote:This article is very misleading. Rose was talking about his body in general not feeling sore; he wasn't talking about his knee.

haha, yeah, but if you listen he's talking about his knee. he doesn't actually say it, but you can assume that because of his language. But yeah, the title shouldn't actually say knee then...they lied!!

That's not the impression I got. It sounded similar to something he said a few days ago about him being surprised that he wasn't winded after the game. Plus he has been saying for a while that his knee isn't an issue anymore.
captlopez0012
Junior
And1: 8

Post#7 » by captlopez0012 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:33 pm

you tend to come back much stronger when you wait TWICE AS LONG. maybe if derrick had tested it last april he'd have found a suprise then.
Blount
Sixth Man
And1: 155

Post#8 » by Blount » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:53 pm

captlopez0012 wrote:you tend to come back much stronger when you wait TWICE AS LONG. maybe if derrick had tested it last april he'd have found a suprise then.

Comments like these should be an autoban. So sick and tired of the same old tired response every time Derrick Rose name comes up.
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#9 » by The59Sound » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:57 pm

It's like a child who cries when his parents make him learn how to swim, then realizes he loves the pool.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
Keller61
RealGM

Post#10 » by Keller61 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:15 pm

The59Sound wrote:It's like a child who cries when his parents make him learn how to swim, then realizes he loves the pool.

No, it's not like that.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#11 » by IMAN5 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:19 pm

when I skimmed the title quickly all I saw was "Rose S.... Knee"

and instantly thought he sprained his knee.
instagram.com/510movement
narmerguy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,052

Post#12 » by narmerguy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:29 pm

Blount wrote:
captlopez0012 wrote:you tend to come back much stronger when you wait TWICE AS LONG. maybe if derrick had tested it last april he'd have found a suprise then.

Comments like these should be an autoban. So sick and tired of the same old tired response every time Derrick Rose name comes up.

Really? What about "6-24" or "not 1, not 2, not 3" etc etc? It's a basketball forum and not everyone likes your team's franchise player. You have to learn to get over it. Take it as a compliment that they're butthurt enough to complain about them.
Heatin4
Banned User
And1: 347

Post#13 » by Heatin4 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:53 pm

IMAN5 wrote:when I skimmed the title quickly all I saw was "Rose S.... Knee"

He usually sprains his knee everytime he shaves.
Rollie
Junior
And1: 34

Post#14 » by Rollie » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:36 pm

Heatin4 wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:when I skimmed the title quickly all I saw was "Rose S.... Knee"

He usually sprains his knee everytime he shaves.

Just because he was hurt and wears number 1 doesn't mean he's Tracy McGrady,
PDX_DL0
Senior
And1: 54

Post#15 » by PDX_DL0 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:38 pm

what? Stop with your poor logic that contradicts its self. You claim he's "much stronger" because he waited twice as long correct? Yet say he should've came back earlier which would've had him in a lesser state then he's currently in because he didn't use that time off to get stronger, correct? So why would he surprised when he would've been weaker and not nearly as strong as he is now? By waiting and him being 100% healthy so far only proves he made the right call to sit out.
"coaches are irrelevant in todays nba" - captlopez0012
captlopez0012
Junior

Post#16 » by captlopez0012 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:04 am

Blount wrote:

i use to like derrick rose. just wasnt as high on him as bulls fans. but i lost all respect for him when he sat out the season on a championship caliber team. i will never by a fan of a professional athlete who doesnt have the heart to make it back to the court at all costs. just my opinion. youre entitled to yours.

PDX_DL0 wrote:what? Stop with your poor logic that contradicts its self. You claim he's "much stronger" because he waited twice as long correct? Yet say he should've came back earlier which would've had him in a lesser state then he's currently in because he didn't use that time off to get stronger, correct? So why would he surprised when he would've been weaker and not nearly as strong as he is now? By waiting and him being 100% healthy so far only proves he made the right call to sit out.

its pretty straight forward and doesnt contradict itself. it means, if you wait longer than others who suffer the same injury, you will be closer to 100% than had you returned initially. but that doesnt excuse drose for not returning to a championship caliber team while his team battled in the playoffs. few people play at 100% in the nba. and i seem to recall drose practicing on the court post all star break. few professional athletes take this length of time to return from an acl injury. and maybe you think he made right call to sit out. thats certainly your right. but you are one of few (and most of the few are bulls or drose fans). there is no positive way to spin drose's decision to not play. you can try to play it off as the best move for his future. but i see it much differently. i see it as a player who is more concerned about himself than about his team and winning. i see a player who didnt have the confidence in himself and his teammates that they could take down the heat and win an nba championship. i see a player who was scared. i have zero respect for players like this.
Keller61
RealGM

Post#17 » by Keller61 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:46 am

captlopez0012 wrote:
Blount wrote:

i use to like derrick rose. just wasnt as high on him as bulls fans. but i lost all respect for him when he sat out the season on a championship caliber team. i will never by a fan of a professional athlete who doesnt have the heart to make it back to the court at all costs. just my opinion. youre entitled to yours.

PDX_DL0 wrote:what? Stop with your poor logic that contradicts its self. You claim he's "much stronger" because he waited twice as long correct? Yet say he should've came back earlier which would've had him in a lesser state then he's currently in because he didn't use that time off to get stronger, correct? So why would he surprised when he would've been weaker and not nearly as strong as he is now? By waiting and him being 100% healthy so far only proves he made the right call to sit out.

its pretty straight forward and doesnt contradict itself. it means, if you wait longer than others who suffer the same injury, you will be closer to 100% than had you returned initially. but that doesnt excuse drose for not returning to a championship caliber team while his team battled in the playoffs. few people play at 100% in the nba. and i seem to recall drose practicing on the court post all star break. few professional athletes take this length of time to return from an acl injury. and maybe you think he made right call to sit out. thats certainly your right. but you are one of few (and most of the few are bulls or drose fans). there is no positive way to spin drose's decision to not play. you can try to play it off as the best move for his future. but i see it much differently. i see it as a player who is more concerned about himself than about his team and winning. i see a player who didnt have the confidence in himself and his teammates that they could take down the heat and win an nba championship. i see a player who was scared. i have zero respect for players like this.

Well, aren't you a tough guy behind the keyboard.

Have you ever been in Rose's position before? Have you ever been expected to be the starting point guard for an NBA team and carry the team on your back to a championship while still dealing with lingering knee issues? If not, then who are you to judge him?
captlopez0012
Junior

Post#18 » by captlopez0012 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:06 am

Keller61 wrote:Well, aren't you a tough guy behind the keyboard.

Have you ever been in Rose's position before? Have you ever been expected to be the starting point guard for an NBA team and carry the team on your back to a championship while still dealing with lingering knee issues? If not, then who are you to judge him?

how did any of my comments label me as a "tough guy behind the keyboard"? i didnt attack derrick rose personally. i didnt say anything i wouldnt say to anyone i was discussing derrick rose with. i spoke about his lack of drive, intangibles and leadership as a basketball player. thats my opinion and i thought i was entitled to it. i wasnt aware that i have to be an all star player in the nba to have an opinion on nba matters. according to your logic, if we ever have any negative remarks about a player, we are not allowed to make them. b/c most of us have never been professional athletes.
Keller61
RealGM

Post#19 » by Keller61 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:12 am

captlopez0012 wrote:
Keller61 wrote:Well, aren't you a tough guy behind the keyboard.

how did any of my comments label me as a "tough guy behind the keyboard"? i didnt attack derrick rose personally. i didnt say anything i wouldnt say to anyone i was discussing derrick rose with. i spoke about his lack of drive, intangibles and leadership as a basketball player. thats my opinion and i thought i was entitled to it. i wasnt aware that i have to be an all star player in the nba to have an opinion on nba matters. according to your logic, if we ever have any negative remarks about a player, we are not allowed to make them. b/c most of us have never been professional athletes.

You seemed to acknowledge that sitting out last season may have been the best decision for him, yet you think he should have played anyway, "at all costs," hence my "tough guy" remark. Would you really want a franchise player risking his long-term future for one long-shot season? Is that what "drive, intangibles, and leadership" means to you? I'm merely suggesting that before you make harsh judgments on another person's character, try to imagine yourself in their shoes.
Keller61
RealGM

Post#20 » by Keller61 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:15 am

double post

Return to Wiretap Discussion