Lakers, Clippers Would Consider Signing Lamar Odom

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Lakers, Clippers Would Consider Signing Lamar Odom 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:43 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers are interested in signing Lamar Odom should he prove his personal and legal issues are behind him.

Odom recently began training again with the hope of returning to the NBA in the second half of the season, according to sources.

The Lakers and Clippers have not been in contact with Odom beyond calls inquiring about his personal welfare.

Via Ramona Shelburne, Marc Stein/ESPN

Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Re: Lakers, Clippers Would Consider Signing Lamar Odom 

Post#2 » by Jukeness » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:43 pm

This guy's been done for 2 years. Don't see him being in very good shape either especially after all this.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#3 » by Mamba Venom » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:24 pm

The irony is that LO would have been perfect in D'Antonies system but he let himself burn out early and wanted a trade.

If LO would have not let the pride get in the way December 2011 than his career would have been vastly different.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
menten
Sixth Man
And1: 1,013

Post#4 » by menten » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:25 pm

this dude should just piss off, he doesnt deserve another chance and is done anyways
devinbrady
Junior
And1: 145

Post#5 » by devinbrady » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Jukeness wrote:This guy's been done for 2 years. Don't see him being in very good shape either especially after all this.

His real value is in the locker room not on the court. As long as he isn't all cracked out I would love to see him back with the Clipps.
devinbrady
Junior
And1: 145

Post#6 » by devinbrady » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:09 pm

Mamba Venom wrote:The irony is that LO would have been perfect in D'Antonies system but he let himself burn out early and wanted a trade.

If LO would have not let the pride get in the way December 2011 than his career would have been vastly different.

LOL Antonies system. Lakers are a bigger mess than LO.
n8sheikh
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#7 » by n8sheikh » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:30 pm

devinbrady wrote:
Mamba Venom wrote:The irony is that LO would have been perfect in D'Antonies system but he let himself burn out early and wanted a trade.

LOL Antonies system. Lakers are a bigger mess than LO.

I think a lot of ppl r underrating Antoni's coaching.. Yes, he has trouble teaching defence but hey, with the team he has to work with 4-6 is a pretty good record. They have wins over quality teams and have gone neck and neck with some too. He's even better if he can get some D back...
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#8 » by SmashMouthRod » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:19 am

The only reason it makes news is because its LA. This dude isnt a difference maker anymore.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#9 » by IMAN5 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:05 pm

I'm not a fan of either team and hope for the best for LO but I don't think it's a good idea.

The Clippers core are really starting to play together and gel, I don't think someone like LO would be good for them as he might come in as a slight distraction. They already have enough serviceable guys on their bench as well.

The Lakers have a really exciting young core, a young group of guys who are finally being given a chance. Wes Johnson, Xavier Henry, Nick Young along with some guys who are getting better with the team style of play Blake, Hill, Farmar, Kaman. I wouldn't take minutes away from any of those guys.
instagram.com/510movement

Return to Wiretap Discussion