Omer Asik Ready To Help Rockets Win

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Omer Asik Ready To Help Rockets Win 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Omer Asik did not address his trade request or unwillingness to play or practice last week, but he did say that he is ready to help the Houston Rockets again.

“The thing is, I was just frustrated,” Asik said at Tuesday’s shootaround. “It’s behind me now. I’m just looking forward to help my team to win.”

When asked if he still wanted to be traded, Asik declined to comment.

“I do not talk about that,” he said. “I never talk about that. My focus is just winning tonight’s game (against the Celtics) and helping my team as much as I can.”

Via Jonathan Feigen/Houston Chronicle

Whopper_Sr
Pro Prospect
And1: 902

Re: Omer Asik Ready To Help Rockets Win 

Post#2 » by Whopper_Sr » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Too bad a team led by James Harden and Dwight Howard is not championship material.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#3 » by IMAN5 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:54 pm

it was pretty unprofessional for him to leave the team in the first place.
instagram.com/510movement
ryguy3711
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#4 » by ryguy3711 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:23 pm

by playing for a crappy tanking team that he gets traded to? That way the Rockets will beat him every time they play him when he plays for the Bobcats or Pelicans?
MalcolmXing
Banned User
And1: 503

Post#5 » by MalcolmXing » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:25 am

IMAN5 wrote:it was pretty unprofessional for him to leave the team in the first place.

Dude screw that..he's too young and good to be playing less minutes than idiotic Omri Casspi.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#6 » by luss54321 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:05 am

The Rockets should have traded him before the season even started
WesleyExChiFan
Starter
And1: 1,014

Post#7 » by WesleyExChiFan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:16 am

He didn't deserve a demotion. I'd want out too.
ALPHAandOMEGA
Rookie
And1: 320

Post#8 » by ALPHAandOMEGA » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:53 am

Love all the comments from ppl who don't pay any attention at all to what actually going on in Rockets land.

-Made no sense to trade him before season...there wasnt anything worth having available.

-Omer is very professional but he is poorly advised by his agent. Omer wants to play, is young, and thus can be immature.

-He really hasnt had a demotion. The twin towers thing didnt work so it made sense for him to back up D12. He had a game that he didnt get much PT and overreacted. He never left the team. He sat out 2 practices and is back playing...big deal. If he wants out of Htown the best thing for hime to do is play well.

-Whopper...You have no clue what championship material is...if you do please elaborate. Championship material changes. 80's Lakers 90's bulls 00 spurs 00 pistons....all won differently
IMAN5
General Manager

Post#9 » by IMAN5 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:21 pm

MalcolmXing wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:it was pretty unprofessional for him to leave the team in the first place.

Dude screw that..he's too young and good to be playing less minutes than idiotic Omri Casspi.

I agree. But just because you aren't getting minutes doesn't mean you just turn your back on your job. The NBA is a professional job, and he needs to grow up and act like one.

I understand the trade request has been made and it's being worked on, but so many players with bigger egos have acted more professional than this. Even Stephon Marbury would still suit up and be game ready when he knew there was no way in hell the Knicks were gonna put him on the court and were trying to buy him out.
truthiness
Banned User
And1: 140

Post#10 » by truthiness » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:30 pm

ALPHAandOMEGA wrote:Love all the comments from ppl who don't pay any attention at all to what actually going on in Rockets land.

-Made no sense to trade him before season...there wasnt anything worth having available.

Because of course you have talked to all the other 29 GMs and 29 owners and you know what was/would have been offered in a trade for Asik.

So far the Jazz model of trading early, instead of waiting like idiots till the deadline, has proven the most successful. They traded early and got on with their rebuilding project, getting picks left and right.

Houston doesn't really need Asik as a back-up, just as Gortat was over qualified to back-up Howard.
But the more they wait to trade him, the more they'll get squeezed, since they are in WIN NOW mode, while their potential trading partners can wait.
truthiness
Banned User

Post#11 » by truthiness » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:39 pm

IMAN5 wrote:
MalcolmXing wrote:

I agree. But just because you aren't getting minutes doesn't mean you just turn your back on your job. The NBA is a professional job, and he needs to grow up and act like one.

I understand the trade request has been made and it's being worked on, but so many players with bigger egos have acted more professional than this. Even Stephon Marbury would still suit up and be game ready when he knew there was no way in hell the Knicks were gonna put him on the court and were trying to buy him out.

Because otherwise he'd get fined and lose a ton of money.
Marbury is far from what I'd describe as professional, and far from the best example to follow. Especially on the court, where his selfishness was legendary.
IMAN5
General Manager

Post#12 » by IMAN5 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:20 pm

truthiness wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:
MalcolmXing wrote:

Because otherwise he'd get fined and lose a ton of money.
Marbury is far from what I'd describe as professional, and far from the best example to follow. Especially on the court, where his selfishness was legendary.

he's actually the perfect example because as you said he was incredibly selfish and stupid, yet he still suited up and sat his ass on the bench and accepted the situation he was in because the NBA is a job.
truthiness
Banned User

Post#13 » by truthiness » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:40 am

Actually, i find comparing being an elite athlete with a regular "9 to 5" job is just a PR exercise to stroke the egos of people who flip burgers or push some papers around a desk.

The NBA is anything but a regular job, and the athletes ARE different from most people. There are millions of people flipping burgers or working desk jobs. There are only a few hundred in the NBA.

Return to Wiretap Discussion