Anthony Davis Out Indefinitely With Fractured Left Hand

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Anthony Davis Out Indefinitely With Fractured Left Hand 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 2, 2013 2:01 am

Anthony Davis has suffered a "non-displaced fracture" in his left hand.

Davis will be out indefinitely.

Via RealGM Staff Report

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Anthony Davis Out Indefinitely With Fractured Left Hand 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Mon Dec 2, 2013 3:12 am

Probably a 2 month injury like jj reddick. Man he was playing extremely well looked like he was going to be the runaway winner for the most improved player award.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#3 » by Fresh360Waves » Mon Dec 2, 2013 3:50 am

New Orleans is in a bigger hole now in the West. Too many good teams in front of them, and I don't think they have a chance to try and make up ground.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#4 » by Sam195 » Mon Dec 2, 2013 4:01 am

Fresh360Waves wrote:New Orleans is in a bigger hole now in the West. Too many good teams in front of them, and I don't think they have a chance to try and make up ground.

They are probably going to regret packaging that top 3 protected 2014 pick in the Jrue Holiday trade. It could end up being Marcus Smart or Dante Exum, 2 guys expected to have better careers than Jrue Holiday. They also overpaid Tyreke evans and austin rivers hasn't improved so they have a very bad guard rotation. Vazques is playing better than evans right now.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,833

Post#5 » by nikster » Mon Dec 2, 2013 5:54 am

Damn thats heartbreaking. Theres already been so many major injuries in the NBA. And Davis was playing amazing basketball.
bbintheheezy
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#6 » by bbintheheezy » Mon Dec 2, 2013 6:06 am

Sam195 wrote:Probably a 2 month injury like jj reddick. Man he was playing extremely well looked like he was going to be the runaway winner for the most improved player award.

That's Eric Bledsoes award.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#7 » by RoyalMajesty » Mon Dec 2, 2013 6:37 am

Just the wrong time for a injury for the Pelicans considering how tough the Western Conference is. Wishing Davis a speedy recovery.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#8 » by JazzMatt13 » Mon Dec 2, 2013 6:50 am

Wow...what a blow to the league....And everyone still complains about "Stern making basketball less rough", and making refs be soft.

What is better softer refs, or Super Stars out, not selling tickets, and not getting fans attention. I never cared for NO, the birthplace of my team, but I dug them with Davis. He is an exceptional athlete.
gcates
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#9 » by gcates » Mon Dec 2, 2013 10:04 am

Sam195 wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:New Orleans is in a bigger hole now in the West. Too many good teams in front of them, and I don't think they have a chance to try and make up ground.

They are probably going to regret packaging that top 3 protected 2014 pick in the Jrue Holiday trade. It could end up being Marcus Smart or Dante Exum, 2 guys expected to have better careers than Jrue Holiday. They also overpaid Tyreke evans and austin rivers hasn't improved so they have a very bad guard rotation. Vazques is playing better than evans right now.

It's top 5 protected through 2019.
shmeakone
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,436

Post#10 » by shmeakone » Mon Dec 2, 2013 12:23 pm

When you come to NY **** up **** happens.
My lifetime better have a Knicks championship.
Balrog
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#11 » by Balrog » Mon Dec 2, 2013 12:37 pm

I don't wanna continue playing in my fantasy league anymore :cry:
FirstInkTDot
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,902

Post#12 » by FirstInkTDot » Mon Dec 2, 2013 2:06 pm

I was so mad I couldn't get him in my fantasy. Hope he gets back soon.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#13 » by puja21 » Mon Dec 2, 2013 4:32 pm

bbintheheezy wrote:
Sam195 wrote:Probably a 2 month injury like jj reddick. Man he was playing extremely well looked like he was going to be the runaway winner for the most improved player award.

That's Eric Bledsoes award.

I put Bledsoe behind him, had the injury not cropped up. Davis is averaging a double-double, leading the league in blocks, on pace for 130+ steals, and scoring ~19 ppg while keeping his turnovers and fouls down... #2 in PER like the blurb says. Bledsoe is scoring well and has a nice PER but his assists are "eh," his turnover ratio is worse than last year and he is shooting like 30% from three.
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#14 » by Dolphin Lips » Mon Dec 2, 2013 6:00 pm

JazzMatt13 wrote:Wow...what a blow to the league....And everyone still complains about "Stern making basketball less rough", and making refs be soft.

What is better softer refs, or Super Stars out, not selling tickets, and not getting fans attention. I never cared for NO, the birthplace of my team, but I dug them with Davis. He is an exceptional athlete.

Did you even see the play he got hurt on? Your comment makes no sense
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

Circ
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#15 » by Circ » Mon Dec 2, 2013 8:04 pm

Redick, Pierce, and Brow all out with hand injuries this weekend. Last weekend was Derrick Rose, Marc Gasol, and Iguodala. I wonder what three are going to go down this upcoming weekend.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#16 » by Fresh360Waves » Mon Dec 2, 2013 8:26 pm

Sam195 wrote:

I agree. I feel like New Orleans is in too much of a rush to be a playoff team. Jrue Holiday is a solid PG, but to give up a pick in this year's stacked draft is kinda crazy. So much talent this year. I'm excited to see who will go where... and yes another big mistake was giving Tyreke Evans that huge contract. He has not done anything in the NBA yet and on top of it he is coming off the bench SMH. Rivers may either just be a really late bloomer in terms of development or he is just simply terrible period. Vasquez is balling in Sacramento right now. Great pickup for Sacramento. Maybe if Vasquez can put on a little more weight he would be able to play in the backcourt alongside Isaiah Thomas if they choose to do that.
griZZly64
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#17 » by griZZly64 » Mon Dec 2, 2013 10:47 pm

Fresh360Waves wrote:
Sam195 wrote:

I agree. I feel like New Orleans is in too much of a rush to be a playoff team. Jrue Holiday is a solid PG, but to give up a pick in this year's stacked draft is kinda crazy. So much talent this year. I'm excited to see who will go where... and yes another big mistake was giving Tyreke Evans that huge contract. He has not done anything in the NBA yet and on top of it he is coming off the bench SMH. Rivers may either just be a really late bloomer in terms of development or he is just simply terrible period. Vasquez is balling in Sacramento right now. Great pickup for Sacramento. Maybe if Vasquez can put on a little more weight he would be able to play in the backcourt alongside Isaiah Thomas if they choose to do that.

I'll take a known commodity that is only 23!! yeard old over an unproven kid who may not amount to anything. Sure the draft looks stacked, the reality may not match up with the predictions. The odds of all those kids living up to their potential are slim.
gcates
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#18 » by gcates » Mon Dec 2, 2013 11:21 pm

griZZly64 wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:
Sam195 wrote:

I'll take a known commodity that is only 23!! yeard old over an unproven kid who may not amount to anything. Sure the draft looks stacked, the reality may not match up with the predictions. The odds of all those kids living up to their potential are slim.

Agreed...plus it's top 5 protected until 2019 (not top 3 as has been stated previously) so they could, in theory, still retain it for the upcoming draft.

Return to Wiretap Discussion