Paul George: I Want To Go Down As My Own Icon

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Paul George: I Want To Go Down As My Own Icon 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Paul George was named the NBA's Most Improved Player last season and he could conceivably win the award again this year given his significant improvement on offense.

“I have goals,” George said. “I want to be MVP. I want to be Defensive Player of the Year. I want to be First-Team All-NBA. I want to be a Gold medalist. I want to be a Hall of Famer. I want to be a Champion. Everything that’s the highest or the greatest that you can do, I want to do that.”

George expounded on those thoughts about 10 minutes later in the interview with Slam.

“At the end of the day, I want to go down as my own icon, a Paul George, do-everything offensively and defensively type of player. There are a lot of characteristics I have that LeBron does, that T-Mac does, but I want to be my own person and be someone special.”

George signed an extension with the Indiana Pacers in the offseason.

“I’ve got to be a better floor general, and I’ve got to get better at being consistent,” he says. “I took strides in my consistency, but if I want to get where I want to get to, I need to continue being a consistent basketball player. I feel like I can be in the category of LeBron, as far as being a walking triple-double guy.”

Via Tzvi Twersky/Slam

Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Re: Paul George: I Want To Go Down As My Own Icon 

Post#2 » by Quotatious » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:04 pm

If he'll continue to improve his game like he has so far, there's no doubt he will achieve all of those honors one day and it'll probably be sooner than later. Well, he's arguably deserving of the MVP right now this season.
PapaSteveeee
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#3 » by PapaSteveeee » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:07 pm

"as far as being a walking triple double guy" Sh*t he ain't lying
WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,352

Post#4 » by WiggOuts » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:29 pm

witness the moment. The inevitable point in every young stars career when they start to worry about their image and its no longer just about basketball
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#5 » by Donnyxc » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:41 pm

WiggOuts wrote:witness the moment. The inevitable point in every young stars career when they start to worry about their image and its no longer just about basketball

There are worse things.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 125

Post#6 » by yoadknux » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:08 pm

WiggOuts wrote:witness the moment. The inevitable point in every young stars career when they start to worry about their image and its no longer just about basketball

I’ve got to be a better floor general, and I’ve got to get better at being consistent,” he says. “I took strides in my consistency, but if I want to get where I want to get to, I need to continue being a consistent basketball player."

To me it sounds like he's talking about... basketball
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#7 » by pickaxe » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Part I like about what he said is he understands consistency and understands there is a need to be consistent on both ends of the floor. The rest of the stuff every player dreams of.....Paul George is just steps closer than many players. Good for you, Paul George. Why did your moms name you with two first names tho?

put the ball in the basket like this
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#8 » by CellarDoor » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:02 pm

pickaxe wrote:Part I like about what he said is he understands consistency and understands there is a need to be consistent on both ends of the floor. The rest of the stuff every player dreams of.....Paul George is just steps closer than many players. Good for you, Paul George. Why did your moms name you with two first names tho?

Assuming his parents married, that'd be more his father's fault with the first name last name. What'd you want them to name him, Johnson George? That's even more confusing!
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
chesterisme
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#9 » by chesterisme » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:15 am

Here we go.....
Jordan Rose123
Pro Prospect
And1: 117

Post#10 » by Jordan Rose123 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:56 am

Just keep at it, young'n
You mad?
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#11 » by miltk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:02 am

everybody on the indy team talks too much. hibbert is the only one with a balanced pov.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#12 » by Wildcat » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:32 am

miltk wrote:everybody on the indy team talks too much. hibbert is the only one with a balanced pov.

I agree.
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,346

Post#13 » by xBulletproof » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:56 am

miltk wrote:everybody on the indy team talks too much.

SMH.

The dude did an interview with Slam Magazine. That's where this came from. That's kinda what an interview is ... ya know .... talking.

I guess he should have come to the interview and showed them his miming skills. :lol:
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#14 » by walk with me » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:29 am

he will always be behind KD & Bron.
CoachKobe
Rookie
And1: 312

Post#15 » by CoachKobe » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:41 pm

wow, that guy is really full of himself. i hope he fails.
crazymaso
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#16 » by crazymaso » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:01 pm

CoachKobe wrote:wow, that guy is really full of himself. i hope he fails.

How is someone full of themselves when they are saying that they need to improve in multiple categories in the game of basketball..?
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#17 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:50 pm

crazymaso wrote:
CoachKobe wrote:wow, that guy is really full of himself. i hope he fails.

How is someone full of themselves when they are saying that they need to improve in multiple categories in the game of basketball..?

It's true..he is cocky as hell. Not just from this but I have been taken notice all the time.
mswenson
Banned User
And1: 147

Post#18 » by mswenson » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Me Me Me. shutup you flopping crybaby
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,346

Post#19 » by xBulletproof » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:01 pm

Yes, it's cocky to have dreams and goals. :lol:

Good lord, there are some stupid comments in here. Including the flopping thing. When has Paul ever flopped? Hilarity.
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#20 » by pickaxe » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:48 pm

CellarDoor wrote:
pickaxe wrote:Part I like about what he said is he understands consistency and understands there is a need to be consistent on both ends of the floor. The rest of the stuff every player dreams of.....Paul George is just steps closer than many players. Good for you, Paul George. Why did your moms name you with two first names tho?

Assuming his parents married, that'd be more his father's fault with the first name last name. What'd you want them to name him, Johnson George? That's even more confusing!

John Paul George Ringo.

Idk, he can have whatever name he wants he's playing that well....but just to be picky, maybe name him Harrison?

George is a candidate for any unique name that is not already a first name or rarely paired with George. Daedalus George. Treymond George. Zillo George. Vercingetorix George. Prince George. Saxaphone George.

put the ball in the basket like this

Return to Wiretap Discussion