Raptors Confident Kyle Lowry Will Consider Re-Signing In Offseason

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Raptors Confident Kyle Lowry Will Consider Re-Signing In Offseason 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 9, 2014 5:24 pm

With the Toronto Raptors playing excellent basketball, they have pulled Kyle Lowry from trade conversations.

The Raptors' management is confident that they have a chance of signing Lowry long-term in the offseason.

The Raptors could readdress the situation if they fall in the standings before the deadline, but the front office remains confident.

“But that won’t happen,” said the source said confidently. “We’re winning this.”

Via Cathal Kelly/Toronto Star

IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Re: Raptors Confident Kyle Lowry Will Consider Re-Signing In 

Post#2 » by IMAN5 » Thu Jan 9, 2014 5:38 pm

“But that won’t happen,” said the source said confidently. “We’re winning this.”

Winning what exactly. They don't mean a title do they lolol
instagram.com/510movement
SirKen
Rookie
And1: 1,122

Post#3 » by SirKen » Thu Jan 9, 2014 5:41 pm

IMAN5 wrote:“But that won’t happen,” said the source said confidently. “We’re winning this.”

the division perhaps? lol

It would be impressive if they could go past the 2nd round though.
lander
Veteran
And1: 768

Post#4 » by lander » Thu Jan 9, 2014 5:53 pm

IMAN5 wrote:“But that won’t happen,” said the source said confidently. “We’re winning this.”

Obvi they mean an NBA title. Move over Miami there's a new big three.
MKG35
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#5 » by MKG35 » Thu Jan 9, 2014 5:57 pm

I liked him since he had a good season in Houston, then he became expendable for Houston and Toronto and now they change their minds again because he's playing well again? Pathetic mindset.
22haytham22
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,265

Post#6 » by 22haytham22 » Thu Jan 9, 2014 6:01 pm

MKG35 wrote:I liked him since he had a good season in Houston, then he became expendable for Houston and Toronto and now they change their minds again because he's playing well again? Pathetic mindset.

Extremely pathetic

TreadMilling Since 1995

Darain wrote:Dude is like 6-10, 6-12 at the most
But he is definitely not 7 foot
Narjee
Senior
And1: 627

Post#7 » by Narjee » Thu Jan 9, 2014 6:50 pm

Just another story of a guy who overperforms in a contract year, only to get fat and washed up once he's paid.
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#8 » by Dolphin Lips » Thu Jan 9, 2014 6:55 pm

Winning what? the Atlantic Division lolllll
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#9 » by Rated T By CBRA » Thu Jan 9, 2014 7:27 pm

SirKen wrote:

I think they could make it to the 2nd round and that is their ceiling, the way that the standings are now they would play Washington and I don't see why they couldn't move past them (or any other Eastern team from 5-8, the East is very weak compared to the West). If they can keep the 4th spot in the East they can win their first match-up...but beyond that, I doubt anything will happen.
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,357

Post#10 » by Lateral Quicks » Thu Jan 9, 2014 7:51 pm

Narjee wrote:Just another story of a guy who overperforms in a contract year, only to get fat and washed up once he's paid.

If you looked at his statistics, you'd see he's not outperforming. He's actually a pretty consistent player over his career. He's playing a few more minutes a game this year which has increased his point totals a bit, but only a bit.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,015

Post#11 » by artsncrafts » Thu Jan 9, 2014 8:09 pm

Rated T By CBRA wrote:
SirKen wrote:

I think they could make it to the 2nd round and that is their ceiling, the way that the standings are now they would play Washington and I don't see why they couldn't move past them (or any other Eastern team from 5-8, the East is very weak compared to the West). If they can keep the 4th spot in the East they can win their first match-up...but beyond that, I doubt anything will happen.

At this rate they will lose in the 2nd round in 6 games to either Indiana or Miami
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
youblewwit
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#12 » by youblewwit » Thu Jan 9, 2014 8:24 pm

Lowry isn't resigning in TOR with all that talk about the team looking to trade him. Of course there is an exception, and that is if TOR will pay him the most.

Otherwise, I see him signing elsewhere. I think his market price will be around $6-7mil. If I'm the Lakers, I go after him. Tough, rugged PG who can score, but play defense as well. The Lakers will need to surround Kobe with a bunch of guys that play defense.
WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,343

Post#13 » by WiggOuts » Thu Jan 9, 2014 8:41 pm

youblewwit wrote:Lowry isn't resigning in TOR with all that talk about the team looking to trade him. Of course there is an exception, and that is if TOR will pay him the most.

Otherwise, I see him signing elsewhere. I think his market price will be around $6-7mil. If I'm the Lakers, I go after him. Tough, rugged PG who can score, but play defense as well. The Lakers will need to surround Kobe with a bunch of guys that play defense.

Lol 6-7 mill? you really are a laker fan
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#14 » by inquisitive » Thu Jan 9, 2014 8:58 pm

youblewwit wrote:Lowry isn't resigning in TOR with all that talk about the team looking to trade him. Of course there is an exception, and that is if TOR will pay him the most.

lol....pipedream
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
beefman
Senior
And1: 15

Post#15 » by beefman » Thu Jan 9, 2014 9:24 pm

is his recent improved play because he's over his hand injury or is it because of trade rumours?

if you trade Lowry, you're going to want another PG in return because having Vasquez as your starting PG isn't going to get you into the playoffs. but if a team is trading for Lowry, then that means they need a PG.
CoachD
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,819

Post#16 » by CoachD » Thu Jan 9, 2014 9:29 pm

ESPN rates him as the #4 PG in the NBA and he's going to sign a new deal for half of what everyone else on that list makes??

Nope.

Plus, he loves Toronto and loves the guys on the squad. He's staying.
Sorry Laker fan
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#17 » by Fresh360Waves » Thu Jan 9, 2014 9:38 pm

If I were the Lakers, I wouldn't go after Lowry. If possible, they should try to draft a guy like Exum. If not, push hard for Rondo in 2015 (if he's not traded) and stick with Marshall/Farmar as your stopgap PG's for next season.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,695

Post#18 » by nikster » Thu Jan 9, 2014 10:52 pm

I think (and hope) he'll resign with the Raptors. Hes playing great and he seems like he loves it here. Now that the teams winning games there is no reason not to stay
rrdjutriurt
Sixth Man
And1: 764

Post#19 » by rrdjutriurt » Thu Jan 9, 2014 10:59 pm

It's going to take significantly more than 6-7 mill to resign him if he continues playing like he has. It will be closer to 9-10 mill. That is what Bargnani got here and even Fields was able to get a $6 mill contract. It would be money well spent because at that price he would easily be tradeable if things don't work out in the future.
NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - BLAKE GRIFFIN
themeccamsg
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#20 » by themeccamsg » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:57 am

CoachD wrote:ESPN rates him as the #4 PG in the NBA and he's going to sign a new deal for half of what everyone else on that list makes??

Nope.

Plus, he loves Toronto and loves the guys on the squad. He's staying.
Sorry Laker fan

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Lowry at #4 is laughable. He doesn't even make the top 10. Also, he's as good as gone if the Raptors don't pay him about $17M year as a premium for 60% taxes or whatever it is, the exchange rate, and the fact that everything costs more in Canada and no one really wants to play there. Good luck.

Return to Wiretap Discussion