Nets Agree To Acquire Marquis Teague From Bulls For Shengelia, Trade Tyshawn Taylor To Pelicans

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Nets Agree To Acquire Marquis Teague From Bulls For Shengelia, Trade Tyshawn Taylor To Pelicans 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:09 pm

The Brooklyn Nets have agreed in principle to acquire Marquis Teague from the Chicago Bulls for Tornike Shengelia, according to sources.

The Nets also have reached a deal to send Tyshawn Taylor and cash considerations to the New Orleans Pelicans, who will send Brooklyn a conditional second round draft pick.

Teague was the 29th overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft after one season at Kentucky.

Shengelia and Taylor have spent parts of the last two seasons with the Nets' D-League affiliate.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Re: Nets Agree To Acquire Marquis Teague From Bulls For Shen 

Post#2 » by pylb » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:23 pm

Good luck Brooklyn. I hope you enjoy Marquis Teague.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#3 » by Sam195 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:10 pm

Billy King making dumb deals again. Teague is like the worst nba player in the leagu in terms of per. Makes no sense to acquire him and than give away tyshawn taylor for a pick. Taylor has played well in moments the past two seasons. maybe it has something to do with the jkidd soda incident lol.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#4 » by RoyalMajesty » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:14 pm

Teague needs to work on his shooting in order to get some minutes.
kv8997
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#5 » by kv8997 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:41 pm

Who will be the new soda guy? Is Teague a soda guy?
dkjjr
Junior
And1: 17

Post#6 » by dkjjr » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:04 am

How does this help any party?
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#7 » by Sam195 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:10 am

dkjjr wrote:How does this help any party?

lol its funny cause it doesn't. Billy King probably told prokorov in london when they met that he was busy on the phone making deals to improve the team but he wasn't. So he just pulled this pointless exchange to satisfy the boss.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#8 » by 2Mas » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:25 am

I don't get what's wrong with this deal? 1.Teague has more upside than both of them 2.BK saves money & actually obtains a pick for once, which is good for them.

So they get a 2nd round pick & a better backup pg for 2 ppl who were in the dleague? Sounds good to me.

Also opens up a roster spot for a big.. idk say Bynum maybe?
TheBallDoLie
Junior
And1: 21

Post#9 » by TheBallDoLie » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:26 am

Chicago gets rid of a guaranteed contract for next season. They clear up a little more than a million of cap space next year if they don't sign Shengelia's qualifying offer which I don't think they will. It also frees up approx. 200k in team payroll for this year. They also been trying to trade Teague since the off-season.

As far as Brooklyn, maybe they think Teague can develop into William's back up. If I had to guess.
TheBallDoLie
Junior
And1: 21

Post#10 » by TheBallDoLie » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:27 am

2Mas wrote:I don't get what's wrong with this deal? 1.Teague has more upside than both of them 2.BK saves money & actually obtains a pick for once, which is good for them.

So they get a 2nd round pick & a better backup pg for 2 ppl who were in the dleague? Sounds good to me.

Good points.
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#11 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:11 am

Not gonna help any team
Credits to Jstock12
TheBenchMob
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#12 » by TheBenchMob » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:19 am

kv8997 wrote:Who will be the new soda guy? Is Teague a soda guy?

lmao i was wondering the same thing whos gonna be our soda guy

but on the bulls we always have the water boy and the towel boy lmao
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#13 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:19 am

Maybe its not supposed to?
Chicago wants cap space for next year
NO probably wants some added depth
and Nets need another Pg
Credits to Jstock12
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#14 » by The_Hater » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:13 am

RoyalMajesty wrote:Teague needs to work on his shooting in order to get some minutes.

And his passing... and his decision making...
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
10acious
Junior
And1: 13

Post#15 » by 10acious » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:50 am

With all three players shuttling between the D-league and NBA this season, it can't be said that this was a very meaningful trade or a difference-maker for any of the parties involved. If I were to rank the players right now it would be: 1. Tyshawn, 2. Toko, 3. Marquis. Marquis has superior speed, athleticism, and upside, but will take a few years to "get it." He is not a competent PG right now (which may disappoint the Nets if they thought he was ready to put in now), and may never be, but there is still hope he could develop into one (can Kidd help?), not being even 21. If he can't shoot, defend, or make good decisions, what else is there? Oh, and his bball IQ is suspect. Toko has better than average athleticism, can shoot some, but is somewhere between a PF and SF. He supposedly is a high energy guy. Tyshawn should be an 11th-12th guy on a roster. and with some regular playing time, a rotation player.
ybnd
Senior
And1: 20

Post#16 » by ybnd » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:33 am

I wanna know about the soda guy too!!
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#17 » by Fresh360Waves » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:15 am

Pelicans have some depth at PG now.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#18 » by luss54321 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:42 am

Sam195 wrote:Billy King making dumb deals again. Teague is like the worst nba player in the leagu in terms of per. Makes no sense to acquire him and than give away tyshawn taylor for a pick. Taylor has played well in moments the past two seasons. maybe it has something to do with the jkidd soda incident lol.

"PER" is such a bogus stat.

People who use it just don't know basketball. Some guy made up a stat. I bet you can't even tell me how to calculate it. Yet you use it as a comprehensive measure for how good a player is???

Real, actual stats are misleading on their own. We don't need fake, BS stats in the NBA
deepeeenn
Senior
And1: 522

Post#19 » by deepeeenn » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:05 am

2Mas wrote:I don't get what's wrong with this deal? 1.Teague has more upside than both of them 2.BK saves money & actually obtains a pick for once, which is good for them.

This trade is probably only important to Brooklyn. I'm sure Billy King is trying to spin it at slightly short of amazing.
But this gets them arguably a slightly higher upside PG for the future, a pick to "help" them in the future (as much as a 2nd rounder can) and it opens a roster spot which may be important for them in order to use their Disabled Player Exemption. Which they could definitely use on Bynum if they wanted. It saves them a little bit of change going into that too.

Still pretty minor moves.
Being a Blazer fan isn't exactly healthy.
ybnd
Senior
And1: 20

Post#20 » by ybnd » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:43 am

luss54321 wrote:
Sam195 wrote:Billy King making dumb deals again. Teague is like the worst nba player in the leagu in terms of per. Makes no sense to acquire him and than give away tyshawn taylor for a pick. Taylor has played well in moments the past two seasons. maybe it has something to do with the jkidd soda incident lol.

"PER" is such a bogus stat.

People who use it just don't know basketball. Some guy made up a stat. I bet you can't even tell me how to calculate it. Yet you use it as a comprehensive measure for how good a player is???

Real, actual stats are misleading on their own. We don't need fake, BS stats in the NBA

If you need someone to explain to you how to calculate per you are just as ignorant of it as the person who judges players on it but doesnt know what it pertains too...PER isnt bogus at all

Return to Wiretap Discussion