Rockets Attempted To Trade For Kyle Lowry At Deadline

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Rockets Attempted To Trade For Kyle Lowry At Deadline 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:33 am

The Houston Rockets attempted to trade for Kyle Lowry ahead of the deadline, according to sources.

Lowry was traded to the Toronto Raptors by the Rockets in the 2012 offseason.

Lowry has been one of the NBA's best point guards this season and will be a coveted free agent.

"I would have done things differently in Houston," Lowry said. "I really respected Kevin McHale. I wish I would have had an opportunity to play for him longer. The things he was teaching me, well, I didn't understand right away. When you get away from someone, though, see it from the outside looking in, you go back and think, 'Damn, I could've learned some more things from the guy.'

"I wanted to stay with Coach Adelman and needed to get over that. [McHale] came in with a different philosophy, and I wish I could've adapted to it quicker."

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Re: Rockets Attempted To Trade For Kyle Lowry At Deadline 

Post#2 » by inquisitive » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:56 am

saying all the right things to get a huge contract this summer and brush off the 'bad attitude' tag that has been put on him.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,188

Post#3 » by kenwood3333 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:37 am

let me guess, by offering omer asik
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#4 » by IMAN5 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:47 am

Asik and Garcia, which was probably rejected quick.
instagram.com/510movement
Fellow72
Junior
And1: 141

Post#5 » by Fellow72 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:56 am

inquisitive wrote:saying all the right things to get a huge contract this summer and brush off the 'bad attitude' tag that has been put on him.

Yup. It'll suck if he really does decide to leave raptors though. He was a double edged sword for them this season. Yes he is playing some of the best ball of his career that has brought them to a 3-4 seed in the east, but at the same time he helped ruin or perhaps stunted Raptor's planned rebuilding phase by doing so. If he leaves, The raptors will be worse, and will miss their chances for good draft picks for nothing, unless they somehow get a steal.
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#6 » by NBADraft2003 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:00 am

IMAN5 wrote:Asik and Garcia, which was probably rejected quick.

:lol: Was that the actual deal?
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Post#7 » by inquisitive » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:01 am

Fellow72 wrote:
inquisitive wrote:saying all the right things to get a huge contract this summer and brush off the 'bad attitude' tag that has been put on him.

Yup. It'll suck if he really does decide to leave raptors though. He was a double edged sword for them this season. Yes he is playing some of the best ball of his career that has brought them to a 3-4 seed in the east, but at the same time he helped ruin or perhaps stunted Raptor's planned rebuilding phase by doing so. If he leaves, The raptors will be worse, and will miss their chances for good draft picks for nothing, unless they somehow get a steal.

i could be wrong and maybe he has really matured....you guys should re-sign him if possible...just don't see any pt guard in the draft this year that is better than him...or will be better than him.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#8 » by texasholdem » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:07 am

I'm sure it was Lin not Asik.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
Fellow72
Junior
And1: 141

Post#9 » by Fellow72 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:26 am

inquisitive wrote:i could be wrong and maybe he has really matured....you guys should re-sign him if possible...just don't see any pt guard in the draft this year that is better than him...or will be better than him.

No i believe he has. However, I'd say it started when he was on houston. Back when i watched games almost everyday, houston was the team i watched the most. Lowry used to be scared to shoot the ball from deep and had quite a few bad habits due to his lack of confidence. Near his last season with them, you could really see the difference though. So i was happy when he initially came to toronto unlike most raptors fans i know.

Since his confidence was sky high when he came here, and then being given a much solidified role with the raps made him the player he was today. When you are given the opportunity to be one of the main leaders of the team, good things can happen. But right now, i'd say he's evolved into probably the biggest leader on team atm. When you watch all the raptors off court stuff, you can really tell.

Raptors have little option but to try to bring him back now. Losing him would cause too much damage. when 4 out of your 5 starters are very young and have shown explosive potential, you have to do everything to keep them together.
ciueli
Analyst
And1: 2,280

Post#10 » by ciueli » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:42 am

I knew it, made too much sense for both sides. Toronto gets a good pg under contract next season and Houston gets out from under the final year of Lin's contract while not taking a step back this season. I still think Houston tries to move Lin and Asik in the offseason if they think they have a shot at Carmelo or Bosh in free agency.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#11 » by BallerTalk » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:35 am

Gotta admit I'm kinda blown away by this statement from Lowry.
It shows a tremendous amount of honesty and maturity on his part.

Lowry really came into his own as a player under Adelman and was playing at a near all-star level for the Rockets. When Houston made the coaching change there was some uncertainty but Kyle continued to play at a high level until injuries disrupted his season. What really widened the fissure between Lowry and McHale was during Lowry's absence Goran Dragic began to emerge as an upper level talent and when Lowry returned, McHale chose to stick with Dragic and work Lowry back in slowly. You could tell this didn't sit well with Lowry even though he was still getting significant playing time. Add that to the already uneasy feeling he had about losing Adelman and it became a real issue and the team ultimately suffered as a result.
Perhaps most disappointing of all about the way the situation ended was that Lowry had become a fan favorite during his time in Houston with his bulldog attitude and he and Dragic actually played very well on the floor together during that season.

As the poster Inquisitive said earlier, this could all be lip service from an impending free agent, but I tend to think there is some sincerity in his words. Especially considering how open and candid they are.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
Brianmas23
Junior
And1: 25

Post#12 » by Brianmas23 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:13 am

Let me guess, they offered Lin and Asik for Lowry?!?
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#13 » by CHAMPi0N » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:25 pm

Brianmas23 wrote:Let me guess, they offered Lin and Asik for Lowry?!?

Daryl Morey the "statistician" aka the real-life NBA2K GM.

I'd rather keep Lowry and trade him this off season. Double up on draft picks son!
zeebo
Junior
And1: 27

Post#14 » by zeebo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Wow Adrian, way to go! This is the US media trying to create drama to get Lowry back. Why would Lowry want to go back to Houston to play behind Howard and Harden. Lowry has his own team and is playing great because he is the guy. I don't see Lowry being as effective beside Harden. Harden needs the ball in his hands as does Lowry to be effective. If this rumour is true then it would be a dumb trade on the part of Houston (ruin's chemistry) and Toronto's.

Best case scenario for Lowry is to stay in Toronto for the rest of his prime playing years! Lowry would be stupid to leave in the summer when things are good but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised!
DJ3thenew23 says:

"I love Lebron and will follow him anywhere. Don't hate me cause I bandwagon Lebron anywhere he goes. I used to be a Cavs fan!
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#15 » by LApwnd » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:16 pm

CHAMPi0N wrote:
Brianmas23 wrote:Let me guess, they offered Lin and Asik for Lowry?!?

Daryl Morey the "statistician" aka the real-life NBA2K GM.

I'd rather keep Lowry and trade him this off season. Double up on draft picks son!

Lowlry is an UFA son!
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by texasholdem » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:36 pm

Kyle should sign with his hometown Philly. Think he and MCW can start together.

my favorite Lowry play when he was a Rocket
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0i1WsFdoy8[/youtube]
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,800

Post#17 » by nikster » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:28 pm

texasholdem wrote:Kyle should sign with his hometown Philly. Think he and MCW can start together.

Im sure he'll be jumping at the chance to play for the worst team in the league
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by texasholdem » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:04 am

nikster wrote:
texasholdem wrote:Kyle should sign with his hometown Philly. Think he and MCW can start together.

They'll be getting Noel and possibly Wiggins or Parker. They won't be bad for too long.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,800

Post#19 » by nikster » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:57 am

texasholdem wrote:
nikster wrote:

They'll be getting Noel and possibly Wiggins or Parker. They won't be bad for too long.

Still makes no sense. Lowry is 27 years old, and is about to get the last big contract of his career. I dont think he wants to spend the rest of his prime on a rebuilding team. 2 players who have yet to play an NBA game isnt going to convince him.
Plus a starting backcourt of Lowry/MCW would clog the paint, especially with Noel in the middle

Return to Wiretap Discussion