Tom Izzo Hasn't Been In Touch With Pistons

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Tom Izzo Hasn't Been In Touch With Pistons 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:05 am

Tom Izzo insisted that he's happy at Michigan State and hasn't been in touch with the Detroit Pistons on their head coaching vacanc.y

"There's been so many rumors over the years," Izzo said on ESPN's "SportsCenter" on Tuesday. "I look at people I used to recruit against years ago [that] said that I'd be gone, but I'm still here and some of those schools have had three different coaches.

"I've always said I'd never say never to anything because you never know what it brings. But I got so much more work to do here. I have a great president, a great AD and a football coach that I really get along [with]. So this is a pretty good place for me right now. We're in a pretty good spot. Program's in pretty good shape.

"Ain't broke, so why fix it?"

Izzo has never met Pistons' owner Tom Gores, who is a Michigan State graduate.

"I swear to you, I have not talked to one soul from the Pistons," Izzo said.

Via ESPN

RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Re: Tom Izzo Hasn't Been In Touch With Pistons 

Post#2 » by RandyBreuer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:32 pm

Imagine a guy like Izzo coming in and trying to deal with goons like Jennings and Josh Smith uggghhh. It would get ugly in a hurry.
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 466

Post#3 » by Mr. Tibbs » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:04 pm

I'll give Jalen this, at least this rumor wasn't as ridiculous as him suggesting that Jordan would play a game this season.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#4 » by CHAMPi0N » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:34 am

Who would want to take over at coach for this Detroit team? With Smith and Jennings locked up long term - the Pistons have been put in a deep hole. There's limited flexibility, and no real direction for this team going forward. Basically, whoever gets hired next has to take this team as is... Yikes

Return to Wiretap Discussion