Carlos Boozer Tuning Out Discussion Of Being Amnestied By Bulls

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Carlos Boozer Tuning Out Discussion Of Being Amnestied By Bulls 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:20 am

Carlos Boozer reiterated that he has tuned out discussion of the Chicago Bulls likely using the amnesty clause on him in the offseason for salary relief.

"I'm not worried about that," Boozer said. "I'm just focused on what's in front of me. All that stuff will take care of itself in the summertime."

Boozer has played exactly 24 minutes -- the entire first and third quarter -- for nine straight games, a revolving role he called "challenging."

"I've just adjusted," Boozer said. "I'm doing whatever I can to help my team in the minutes I'm out there. I'm being a team player. It's all about winning. You make sacrifices for the betterment of the group. That's what we're all doing.

"Each night, there are different challenges depending on matchups and how often you touch the ball because that varies. But the intensity is always there. The passion is always there. Playing hard to win is always there. The numbers may vary, but the winning part is always there."

Via K.C. Johnson/Chicago Tribune

RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Re: Carlos Boozer Tuning Out Discussion Of Being Amnestied B 

Post#2 » by RoyalMajesty » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:02 am

Reality is sinking in . . . .
Championships
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#3 » by Championships » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:38 am

He won't last another year in Chicago.
marcusaurelius
Junior
And1: 112

Post#4 » by marcusaurelius » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:57 am

He should of been gone two years ago. I consider it a management failure that they haven't done something to get rid of him before now.
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#5 » by pylb » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:46 am

Unfortunately he's not even better than Gibson offensively now.
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#6 » by CHAMPi0N » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:18 pm

As much as I support the notion of Chicago amnestying Boozer, you gotta really feel for this guy. All year everyone has been talking about him like he doesn't exist and he's still been able to keep his ish together... I think Boozer will have some legit opportunities with some big contenders next year, just because of the professionalism he has shown through all this.

That being said, Gibson > Boozer ... It's been a long time coming.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#7 » by LApwnd » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:42 pm

I dont see an amensty happening, not with their owner. A trade yes but not amensty.
Knicks Universe
Banned User
And1: 403

Post#8 » by Knicks Universe » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:55 pm

If the Bulls were smart they would keep him instead of amnestying him. There is a 0% chance Carmelo will sign there and the poor cheap Bulls ownership will have wasted their money on the amnesty with nothing to show for it.
Krausenator
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#9 » by Krausenator » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:If the Bulls were smart they would keep him instead of amnestying him. There is a 0% chance Carmelo will sign there and the poor cheap Bulls ownership will have wasted their money on the amnesty with nothing to show for it.

No.

His future is linked with Mirotic coming over rather than attempting to go "all out" for Melo.

And since I believe think Melo will come to the Bulls, Boozer could become a important chip going to a third team (plus picks) to facilitate a possible Melo S&T.
Knicks Universe
Banned User

Post#10 » by Knicks Universe » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Krausenator wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:If the Bulls were smart they would keep him instead of amnestying him. There is a 0% chance Carmelo will sign there and the poor cheap Bulls ownership will have wasted their money on the amnesty with nothing to show for it.

No.

His future is linked with Mirotic coming over rather than attempting to go "all out" for Melo.

And since I believe think Melo will come to the Bulls, Boozer could become a important chip going to a third team (plus picks) to facilitate a possible Melo S&T.

What team will take Boozer in a trade with his contract? Certain teams that could do it (in exchange for some young assets or draft picks) may have to send at least some salary back to the Bulls.
Krausenator
Sophomore

Post#11 » by Krausenator » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:54 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:
Krausenator wrote:

No.

What team will take Boozer in a trade with his contract? Certain teams that could do it (in exchange for some young assets or draft picks) may have to send at least some salary back to the Bulls.
There are a few teams that can absorb his final year and would be willing to do a 3-way deal with the Bulls/Knicks if we throw in a first round (76ers being my first option)
Knicks Universe
Banned User

Post#12 » by Knicks Universe » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:21 pm

Krausenator wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:
Krausenator wrote:
No.

There are a few teams that can absorb his final year and would be willing to do a 3-way deal with the Bulls/Knicks if we throw in a first round (76ers being my first option)

True, but I think they might demand more than a 1st. Also this is assuming the Knicks agree to the S&T if Carmelo does leave (0.0001% chance).
Krausenator
Sophomore

Post#13 » by Krausenator » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:30 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:
True, but I think they might demand more than a 1st. Also this is assuming the Knicks agree to the S&T if Carmelo does leave (0.0001% chance).

They won't demand more since they are rebuilding, they won't be competing for another year (Noel & Lottery pick needs this year to develop), plus they need to reach the minimum roster cap. Boozer is a great 1 year rental for them, he could provide leadership for that young core. A first round pick is more than enough for Philly to say yes.

As for Melo, he is bolting NY. If he truly means what he said (winning over money) then there is no way in hell he would stay in NY to rebuild. The Knicks are stuck with this God awful roster for another year, trading Melo to the Bulls (sending either JR/Iman/Felton in the deal) would be a excellent first step for Phil J to begin rebuilding the franchise...

I think there is a 50/50 chance Melo leaves, and I'm more of a half full glass rather than half empty, so as a Bulls fan I'm quite optimistic (but being realistic at the same time).
Knicks Universe
Banned User

Post#14 » by Knicks Universe » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:35 pm

Krausenator wrote:
Knicks Universe wrote:

They won't demand more since they are rebuilding, they won't be competing for another year (Noel & Lottery pick needs this year to develop), plus they need to reach the minimum roster cap. Boozer is a great 1 year rental for them, he could provide leadership for that young core. A first round pick is more than enough for Philly to say yes.

As for Melo, he is bolting NY. If he truly means what he said (winning over money) then there is no way in hell he would stay in NY to rebuild. The Knicks are stuck with this God awful roster for another year, trading Melo to the Bulls (sending either JR/Iman/Felton in the deal) would be a excellent first step for Phil J to begin rebuilding the franchise...

I think there is a 50/50 chance Melo leaves, and I'm more of a half full glass rather than half empty, so as a Bulls fan I'm quite optimistic (but being realistic at the same time).

True didn't think about the salary floor.

The 76ers could also waive Boozer after trading for him and take the hit of salary. He would add some good leadership but at the same time he may not be very happy going to this situation at his age. In that case, it may be best to waive him and then he can sign with a contender.
Krausenator
Sophomore

Post#15 » by Krausenator » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:40 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:
True didn't think about the salary floor.

The 76ers could also waive Boozer after trading for him and take the hit of salary. He would add some good leadership but at the same time he may not be very happy going to this situation at his age. In that case, it may be best to waive him and then he can sign with a contender.
I'm not sure exactly whether or not they'd be able to waive him, but as long as we don't have to use the amnesty on Booz while being able to shift his salary is the only positive move the Bulls can make this offseason, otherwise we say bye-bye to any decent FA signings all together

Return to Wiretap Discussion