Knicks Considering Signing Lamar Odom

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:43 pm

The New York Knicks are weighing whether to sign Lamar Odom before the end of the regular season, according to sources.

Odom reportedly met with Phil Jackson during a recent game.

Odom had signed overseas earlier in the year but left the club.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#2 » by RaptorRed » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:57 pm

LOL , Phil Jackson making big moves . Next up , Derek Fisher in Free Agency ?
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
BJaysRaps
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,729

Re: Knicks Considering Signing Lamar Odom 

Post#3 » by BJaysRaps » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:07 am

RaptorRed wrote:LOL , Phil Jackson making big moves . Next up , Derek Fisher in Free Agency ?

shaq coming out of retirement next to play for phil
Paper Mate
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#4 » by Paper Mate » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:34 am

AW HELL NO!
chesterisme
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#5 » by chesterisme » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:37 am

Too bad it won't help them make the playoffs.
RandomRaptorfan
Veteran
And1: 2,404

Post#6 » by RandomRaptorfan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:28 am

Phil Jackson can't even save him now
Knicks Universe
Banned User
And1: 403

Post#7 » by Knicks Universe » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:31 am

It's worth the risk if he can turn into the best 6th man like he was with the Lakers. I think with the right environment he could contribute and be an x-factor in the playoffs. The constant distractions just need to stop and he needs to stay focused on basketball this time.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,800

Post#8 » by nikster » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:43 am

Knicks Universe wrote:It's worth the risk if he can turn into the best 6th man like he was with the Lakers. I think with the right environment he could contribute and be an x-factor in the playoffs. The constant distractions just need to stop and he needs to stay focused on basketball this time.

lmao, best 6th man? He's lucky if hes best 10th man.
samjones
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#9 » by samjones » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:03 am

Phil making big moves
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#10 » by your boy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:07 am

Knicks Universe wrote:It's worth the risk if he can turn into the best 6th man like he was with the Lakers. I think with the right environment he could contribute and be an x-factor in the playoffs. The constant distractions just need to stop and he needs to stay focused on basketball this time.

Can you just admit your the meccamsg? The dude was terrible in japan or wherever he was playing.
AI
RealGM
And1: 280

Post#11 » by AI » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:08 am

He is 34 years old, likely out of shape, recovering from a drug problem, and is four years removed from his 6MOTY title. Let's be real now and acknowledge that he will never return to his prior form, even with Phil Jackson looming over him as the Knicks' boss.

I still think he can contribute in a small role, but you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect him to contribute significantly like he did when he played for the Lakers.

I hope nothing but the best for LO. If the Knicks do indeed sign him, I genuinely hope he will succeed; realistically, I don't see it happening.
boknoy
Junior
And1: 6

Post#12 » by boknoy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:08 am

first test for Phil Jackson how will fix a headcase like Odom. Beasley is not too bad in Miami. Odom is talented and hope they can get himself back together
Reverse_Angle
Assistant Coach
And1: 262

Post#13 » by Reverse_Angle » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:10 am

Missing Piece! Here comes to championship!

Odom would surely put NYK over an Atlanta team that does not care about playoffs.

"Aaron Gordon will cost Henny's job by Dec 2016." Predicted Dec 2014.

"O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson." Predicted Jun 2012. Verified on Dec 2014.
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Post#14 » by PrecociousNeoph » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:00 am

if phil is set on bringing in one of his guys to coach and run the triangle, it seems like a no brainer he'd need players with success in the system
“Bye, Felicia.”
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#15 » by CHAMPi0N » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:24 pm

Hide your cash and jewellery Knickerbockers !!!
Golden Angel
Starter
And1: 891

Post#16 » by Golden Angel » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:12 pm

This has to be a joke.
Golden State Warriors

PG: S. Curry | S. Livingston | N. Nedovic
SG: K. Thompson | B. Rush
SF: A. Iguodala | H. Barnes
PF: D. Lee | D. Green | M. Speights
C: A. Bogut | F. Ezeli | O. Kuzmic
Augusto61
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,862

Post#17 » by Augusto61 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:32 pm

:crazy:
it's only after we've lost everything that we are free to do anything
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#18 » by RoyalMajesty » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:43 pm

ritchiesli wrote:
RaptorRed wrote:LOL , Phil Jackson making big moves . Next up , Derek Fisher in Free Agency ?

shaq coming out of retirement next to play for phil

Robert Horry will get a phone call soon as well ahaha
Knicks Universe
Banned User
And1: 403

Post#19 » by Knicks Universe » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:54 pm

AI wrote:

He is 34 years old, likely out of shape, recovering from a drug problem, and is four years removed from his 6MOTY title. Let's be real now and acknowledge that he will never return to his prior form, even with Phil Jackson looming over him as the Knicks' boss.

I still think he can contribute in a small role, but you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect him to contribute significantly like he did when he played for the Lakers.

I hope nothing but the best for LO. If the Knicks do indeed sign him, I genuinely hope he will succeed; realistically, I don't see it happening.

Yeah he's 34 but his time off means he hasn't aged to then yet. He can play more like a 31 or 32 year old, which is the tail end of a player's prime years. I think with Phil Jackson motivating he can definitely get back to that step. I think the pressure of being in the playoffs and trying for the upset will also motivate him cause he seems to perform best in big situations with talented teams, like he did with the Lakers.
RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#20 » by RaptorRed » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:15 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:
AI wrote:

Yeah he's 34 but his time off means he hasn't aged to then yet. He can play more like a 31 or 32 year old, which is the tail end of a player's prime years. I think with Phil Jackson motivating he can definitely get back to that step. I think the pressure of being in the playoffs and trying for the upset will also motivate him cause he seems to perform best in big situations with talented teams, like he did with the Lakers.

A few things :

1. Knicks are probably not making the playoffs this year if that's what you are implying.

2. Even if they were to make the playoffs , Lamar Odom would not be made eligible to play.

3. You said he performs best in big situations with talented teams .... Check his stats last year for the Clippers in the playoffs , to expect anything more is crazy. But sure sign him if you want , have fun with that.
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."

Return to Wiretap Discussion