Damian Lillard Signs 3rd Richest Shoe Deal In NBA

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Damian Lillard Signs 3rd Richest Shoe Deal In NBA 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:29 pm

Damian Lillard is finalizing a new shoe contract with Adidas that is believed to be one of the richest in the NBA.

A person with knowledge of the contract said it is smaller only than that of Derrick Rose (reportedly $185 million over 13 years with Adidas) and LeBron James ($20 million annually).

Adidas would have had stiff competition if they waited any longer, as their window to have exclusive negotiating rights with his agent, Aaron Goodwin of Goodwin Sports Management, recently ended and Nike as well as the Jordan Brand were known to be very interested in luring Lillard away.

Via Sam Amick/USA Today

TheGameWinner
Veteran
And1: 1,361

Re: Damian Lillard Signs 3rd Richest Shoe Deal In NBA 

Post#2 » by TheGameWinner » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:34 pm

I dunno, with Kobe, LeBron, Roses, and Js in the market, who would run to the store to buy Lillards shoes?

No offense to Lillard, great player but man... lol third richest shoe deal?
artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,039

Post#3 » by artsncrafts » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:44 pm

Can't wait to get me some Lillards! /green
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#4 » by Sam195 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:48 pm

TheGameWinner wrote:I dunno, with Kobe, LeBron, Roses, and Js in the market, who would run to the store to buy Lillards shoes?

He's getting the third richest shoe deal because basket-ball experts both stats guys and actual players are projecting that he will be one of the league's top 5 players through the life his shoe deal. People forget that despite lillard being 22 (he played in college all 4 seasons)- he's only a sophomore in the nba. The dude was a nobody who moved up mock drafts because of his ncaa tournament peformances and workouts at the draft combine. Than he made history being one of a list of a few nba players to win the rookie of the year award unanimously. Than he made the allstar team (in a guard heavy western conference) and lead portland into the playoffs this season. He isn't close to reaching his ceiling yet. If he can improve his defense - he may become the best pg in the nba down the road. He's already one of the most offensively talented pgs in the league. He has also surpassed lamarcus aldridge as the face of the blazers franchise. More people talk about lillard and buy his jerseys than they do about aldridge. Lillard is also probabley the most marketable nba star that lives in the northwest and has a history. He went to college in utah and he plays for the blazers who have a huge fan following in oregons and seattle washington area.
Knicks Universe
Banned User
And1: 403

Post#5 » by Knicks Universe » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:58 pm

Expect him to have some major feet issues throughout his career if this is true. Switching to Adidas as we saw with D. Rose is not the best idea for long-term health.
KI-DW-TT-AB
Veteran
And1: 2,309

Post#6 » by KI-DW-TT-AB » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:00 pm

Adidas+Portland.

Well, we all know where his career is going.
#FreeGuwop
WaltClyde3
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#7 » by WaltClyde3 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:16 pm

TheGameWinner wrote:I dunno, with Kobe, LeBron, Roses, and Js in the market, who would run to the store to buy Lillards shoes?

I would buy Lillard's shoe before I would buy any of those other players
Brovva Blaqq
Banned User
And1: 67

Post#8 » by Brovva Blaqq » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:23 pm

Get money get paid, cousin.
pjiggz
Junior
And1: 25

Post#9 » by pjiggz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:27 pm

Adidas is becoming known for tearing ACls. Don't do it Lillard!
http://elitedaily.com/sports/10-sports- ... ng-adidas/
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#10 » by br7knicks » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Knicks Universe wrote:Expect him to have some major feet issues throughout his career if this is true. Switching to Adidas as we saw with D. Rose is not the best idea for long-term health.

rose's ACL is located in his foot? holy ****, what an anomaly.

just kidding. i remember you. you're that idiot troll who gives knicks fans a bad name.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
TheGameWinner
Veteran
And1: 1,361

Post#11 » by TheGameWinner » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:32 pm

Sam195 wrote:

He's getting the third richest shoe deal because basket-ball experts both stats guys and actual players are projecting that he will be one of the league's top 5 players through the life his shoe deal. People forget that despite lillard being 22 (he played in college all 4 seasons)- he's only a sophomore in the nba. The dude was a nobody who moved up mock drafts because of his ncaa tournament peformances and workouts at the draft combine. Than he made history being one of a list of a few nba players to win the rookie of the year award unanimously. Than he made the allstar team (in a guard heavy western conference) and lead portland into the playoffs this season. He isn't close to reaching his ceiling yet. If he can improve his defense - he may become the best pg in the nba down the road. He's already one of the most offensively talented pgs in the league. He has also surpassed lamarcus aldridge as the face of the blazers franchise. More people talk about lillard and buy his jerseys than they do about aldridge. Lillard is also probabley the most marketable nba star that lives in the northwest and has a history. He went to college in utah and he plays for the blazers who have a huge fan following in oregons and seattle washington area.

great post. i do often forget how young he is
RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#12 » by RaptorRed » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Sam195 wrote:

Yeah i agree
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
KI-DW-TT-AB
Veteran
And1: 2,309

Post#13 » by KI-DW-TT-AB » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Sam195 wrote:

dude, not to be a grammar nazi but it's then, you keep saying than and it's bothering me...

Guards traditionally sell shoes/merchandise though, so him becoming face of Blazers over Aldridge isn't surprising.
#FreeGuwop
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,231

Post#14 » by monopoman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:07 pm

KI-DW-TT-AB wrote:Adidas+Portland.

Well, we all know where his career is going.

I agree the sweat shops Adidas uses are so inferior to the Nike sweatshops. I mean Nike uses some of the best in cheap as hell almost slave labor. Nike has rigorous training regiments and make sure every shoe is tested by the same sweat shop laborers.
PMONSTER
Head Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#15 » by PMONSTER » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:10 pm

This doesn't make sense to me..........

Lillard won't even break into the top 10 in the league
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
smeagolheart
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#16 » by smeagolheart » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:27 pm

that's a ton of money at a guy who is the 6th or lower best point guard in the in the west.

Paul
Parker
Westbrook
Dragic
Lawson
RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#17 » by RaptorRed » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:29 pm

smeagolheart wrote:that's a ton of money at a guy who is the 6th or lower best point guard in the in the west.

Paul
Parker
Westbrook
Dragic
Lawson

Relax. He is better than Dragic or Lawson and is younger with alot more potential.
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#18 » by Wonderllama » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:30 pm

Should have been drafted by Brooklyn. His marketability would have been through the roof!
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#19 » by tiderulz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:42 pm

RaptorRed wrote:
smeagolheart wrote:that's a ton of money at a guy who is the 6th or lower best point guard in the in the west.

Paul
Parker
Westbrook
Dragic
Lawson

Relax. He is better than Dragic or Lawson and is younger with alot more potential.

cant agree with you that he is better than Dragic
SteveNizzy
Junior
And1: 8

Post#20 » by SteveNizzy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:49 pm

what a steal, hasn't proven himself

Return to Wiretap Discussion