Durant Admits Worrying About Media Before Game 7 Turnaround

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Durant Admits Worrying About Media Before Game 7 Turnaround 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun May 4, 2014 2:29 pm

Kevin Durant had 33 points in the Oklahoma City Thunder's Game 7 win, reestablishing his MVP-type performance in a series in which he often struggled.

"I got out of my own way," Durant said. "I was thinking too much. I was worrying about what [the media] was saying. I was worrying about what shots I was going to shoot throughout the game…"

During the series, The Oklahoman printed a column about Durant with a headline of "Mr. Unreliable."

"This is a one-sport town, and he's the superstar," Derek Fisher told Yahoo Sports. "Kevin understands it. He embraces it. The fact everybody else was going crazy over it – family and friends and fans – made it almost enjoyable for him to go out and play that night. As much as anything, it was a reminder that a lot of people cared about him here."

Mr Tom Tolbert
Ballboy
And1: 8

Re: Durant Admits Worrying About Media Before Game 7 Turnaro 

Post#2 » by Mr Tom Tolbert » Mon May 5, 2014 12:41 am

Wow! he can't handle some quote from a garbage newspaper in OKC? he would never be able to handle it in new york. Do you know how many times players in NY get slammed by the daily news or post? Can't believe the headlines this is getting.
NBAGeek13
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#3 » by NBAGeek13 » Mon May 5, 2014 12:47 am

Mr Tom Tolbert wrote:Wow! he can't handle some quote from a garbage newspaper in OKC? he would never be able to handle it in new york. Do you know how many times players in NY get slammed by the daily news or post? Can't believe the headlines this is getting.

He can't handle it? He said that the criticism was appropriate and then he responded by averaging 35+ on 50%+ shooting? I'd say he handled it pretty damn well.
10acious
Junior
And1: 13

Post#4 » by 10acious » Mon May 5, 2014 2:54 pm

NBAGeek13 wrote:
Mr Tom Tolbert wrote:Wow! he can't handle some quote from a garbage newspaper in OKC? he would never be able to handle it in new york. Do you know how many times players in NY get slammed by the daily news or post? Can't believe the headlines this is getting.

He can't handle it? He said that the criticism was appropriate and then he responded by averaging 35+ on 50%+ shooting? I'd say he handled it pretty damn well.

He can handle it -- the headline and commentary was totally unjustified. He has been a bedrock of consistency all season for the Thunder and will deserve the MVP that he will be awarded. The garbage newspaper in OKC has a bunch of retards working for it on the sports desk.

Return to Wiretap Discussion