Van Gundy, Pistons Working On $35M Deal As Warriors Fly To OKC To Meet With Kerr

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Van Gundy, Pistons Working On $35M Deal As Warriors Fly To OKC To Meet With Kerr 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue May 13, 2014 7:15 pm

With Stan Van Gundy moving towards a deal with the Detroit Pistons worth $35 million over five seasons, the Golden State Warriors are flying to Oklahoma City to meet with Steve Kerr.

Kerr and the New York Knicks have also been negotiating a contract.

The Warriors are making a final push to secure a deal with Kerr.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Re: Van Gundy, Pistons Working On $35M Deal As Warriors Fly  

Post#2 » by CHAMPi0N » Tue May 13, 2014 7:25 pm

That's $7M per season... I'm thinking that's a bargain if he's fulfilling both coach and GM duties for $3.5M/yr each.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,800

Post#3 » by nikster » Tue May 13, 2014 7:32 pm

CHAMPi0N wrote:That's $7M per season... I'm thinking that's a bargain if he's fulfilling both coach and GM duties for $3.5M/yr each.

I wouldnt really call that a bargain for someone with no coaching/front office experience
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,800

Post#4 » by nikster » Tue May 13, 2014 7:33 pm

nikster wrote:
CHAMPi0N wrote:That's $7M per season... I'm thinking that's a bargain if he's fulfilling both coach and GM duties for $3.5M/yr each.

I wouldnt really call that a bargain for someone with no coaching/front office experience

nevermind, misread the article
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,353

Post#5 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue May 13, 2014 7:35 pm

Doesn't Pop make 6?
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
burritoKURUMA
Senior
And1: 498

Post#6 » by burritoKURUMA » Tue May 13, 2014 7:43 pm

I like that these two separate events are combined in one wiretap article. Really gives this offseason coach search an "arms race" kind of feel.

Now we just need Phil Jackson to set up a blockade around Kerr in OKC, Cuban Missile Crisis style.
cmfreeman
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#7 » by cmfreeman » Tue May 13, 2014 7:58 pm

burritoKURUMA wrote:I like that these two separate events are combined in one wiretap article. Really gives this offseason coach search an "arms race" kind of feel.

Now we just need Phil Jackson to set up a blockade around Kerr in OKC, Cuban Missile Crisis style.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gannet
Junior
And1: 20

Post#8 » by Gannet » Tue May 13, 2014 8:28 pm

Kerr could be shooting coach and head coach at the same time.
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#9 » by CHAMPi0N » Tue May 13, 2014 8:32 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

Doesn't Pop make 6?

Not sure, but in today's market we know the Knicks and Warriors are also looking for a proven coach. Pop looks like an absolute steal but that's comparing him to guys who are playing the market. We all know where Pop's heart is.

Plus considering the other two teams won't pay him nearly as much (I think) just for coaching, Pistons are actually sounding like favourites for something this year :lol:
AI
RealGM
And1: 280

Post#10 » by AI » Tue May 13, 2014 8:46 pm

burritoKURUMA wrote:I like that these two separate events are combined in one wiretap article. Really gives this offseason coach search an "arms race" kind of feel.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish I could and-1 your post more than once.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#11 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue May 13, 2014 8:52 pm

I'm loving every moment of this HAHAHA! Joe Lacob looks dumber and dumber each day. Should of kept Mark Jackson, but NOOOOOoooooo!

Kirk Lacob: Daddy, daddy. Mr. Jackson said some mean things to me today.
Joe Lacob: What did he said son?
Kirk Lacob: He said I'm spoiled and have no clue about basketball.
Joe Lacob: HE SAID WHAT?! Don't worry son. Daddy will take care of this.
(Calling Mark Jackson . . . . . ring . . . . . ring)
Joe Lacob: Come to my office Mark.
(A few minutes later)
Joe Lacob: Have a seat Mark, but don't get comfortable.
Mark Jackson: Ok Mr. Lacob. What a beautiful day it is wouldn't you say? God is good. Hallelujah!
Joe Lacob: Cut the crap Mark! You said some mean things to my little boy. You're fired!
Mark Jackson: God has a plan for me.
Kirk Lacob: Thanks Dad! You the best! I also need a yellow BMW to go with my blue BMW to match the Warriors logo.
Joe Lacob: Ok son I'll get you a yellow BMW tomorrow. Daddy needs Bob to come to the office to put some Rogaine on my head.
(Calling Bob Myers . . . . . ring . . . . . ring)
Joe Lacob: It's 3pm Bob. I need you to come to my office to add some more Rogaine. I'm losing more hair by the minute.
Bob Myers: YES SIR! I will be there in 10 seconds Mr. Lacob. I just got done washing your car, pickup your dry cleaning, and got you a tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread with no tomatoes. Should I bring the toenail clipper as well?
Joe Lacob: Sure and get me that delicious, refreshing fruit punch Gatorade to go with my tuna sandwich.
Bob Myers: YES SIR! Anything for you boss!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CLIN
Junior
And1: 46

Post#12 » by CLIN » Tue May 13, 2014 9:15 pm

hahaha
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,859

Post#13 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue May 13, 2014 9:20 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:I'm loving every moment of this HAHAHA! Joe Lacob looks dumber and dumber each day. Should of kept Mark Jackson, but NOOOOOoooooo!

(A few minutes later)
Mark Jackson: Ok Mr. Lacob. What a beautiful day it is wouldn't you say? God is good. Hallelujah!
Joe Lacob: Cut the crap Mark! You said some mean things to my little boy. You're fired!
Kirk Lacob: Thanks Dad! You the best! I also need a yellow BMW to go with my blue BMW to match the Warriors logo.
Joe Lacob: Ok son I'll get you a yellow BMW tomorrow. Daddy needs Bob to come to the office to put some Rogaine on my head.
Joe Lacob: It's 3pm Bob. I need you to come to my office to add some more Rogaine. I'm losing more hair by the minute.
Bob Myers: YES SIR! I will be there in 10 seconds Mr. Lacob. I just got done washing your car, pickup your dry cleaning, and got you a tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread with no tomatoes. Should I bring the toenail clipper as well?
Joe Lacob: Sure and get me that delicious, refreshing fruit punch Gatorade to go with my tuna sandwich.

womp womp
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
poolshark52
Pro Prospect
And1: 471

Post#14 » by poolshark52 » Tue May 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Make that Mark Cuban Missile Crisis style.
Nwaba daba doo!
poolshark52
Pro Prospect
And1: 471

Post#15 » by poolshark52 » Tue May 13, 2014 9:44 pm

CHAMPi0N wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

Doesn't Pop make 6?

Not sure, but in today's market we know the Knicks and Warriors are also looking for a proven coach. Pop looks like an absolute steal but that's comparing him to guys who are playing the market. We all know where Pop's heart is.

Plus considering the other two teams won't pay him nearly as much (I think) just for coaching, Pistons are actually sounding like favourites for something this year :lol:

And, the Pistons probably have to overpay just to get someone decent.
Nwaba daba doo!
Pukovnik
Senior
And1: 168

Post#16 » by Pukovnik » Tue May 13, 2014 10:25 pm

It is quite unbelievable how those teams are fighting it out for Kerr, a man who never coached before. If they all felt he was such an expert why they didn't try to bring him in years ago. The only thing about this whole Kerr situation that makes sense is Phil Jackson, I guess, every person in the league thinks "if Jackson feels this guy is the real deal, then he really must be".....
SeanDaRyan
Junior
And1: 130

Post#17 » by SeanDaRyan » Tue May 13, 2014 11:24 pm

You know that this guy typed this all out in word first

RoyalMajesty wrote:I'm loving every moment of this HAHAHA! Joe Lacob looks dumber and dumber each day. Should of kept Mark Jackson, but NOOOOOoooooo!

(A few minutes later)

Gannet
Junior
And1: 20

Post#18 » by Gannet » Tue May 13, 2014 11:51 pm

I don't think you can fault Myers for being a yes-man. GMs, besides the few that are former players/coaches, don't really have much basketball cred. They're usually former lawyer types that owe everything to their owners.
djxsremix
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#19 » by djxsremix » Wed May 14, 2014 12:08 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

Doesn't Pop make 6?

Pop makes $6 million JUST to coach. RC Buford is the chief decision maker although they work very closely together.
RRHMiami
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#20 » by RRHMiami » Wed May 14, 2014 1:56 am

What good can Stan VG do to the Pistons? He can't lead a team with a bunch of skilled but low i.q. players. I think Stan would be a better fit coaching the Knicks, Pacers or even the Warriors.

Return to Wiretap Discussion