Knicks Improve Offer To Steve Kerr To Include Fourth Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Knicks Improve Offer To Steve Kerr To Include Fourth Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 14, 2014 10:02 pm

The New York Knicks have improved their offer to Steve Kerr by including a fourth guaranteed season on his contract.

The Knicks had been holding firm on a three-year deal with a team option for a fourth. The Knicks have shown more restraint in their talks with Kerr than they have in the past when dealing with coaches.

Kerr has narrowed his choices to the Knicks and Golden State Warriors with a decision expected soon.

Executives involved in the process have indicated that there is no bidding war and that the Knicks and Warriors pose two very different types of opportunity.

Kerr's relationship with Phil Jackson has been the strongest bond in the process.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

RRHMiami
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Knicks Improve Offer To Steve Kerr To Include Fourth Sea 

Post#2 » by RRHMiami » Wed May 14, 2014 11:08 pm

don't understand why the Knicks keep chasing an inexperienced/unproven Steve Kerr :noway: Where coaches like George Karl, Lionel Hollins or maybe and aging Jerry Sloan are there to coach this washed up roster.. heck, I'd even try and give Patrick Ewing the head coach position before Kerr. :crazy:
RRHMiami
Ballboy

Post#3 » by RRHMiami » Wed May 14, 2014 11:10 pm

Jackson and Kerr and trying to make the Knicks their money pit :D
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#4 » by Tron Carter » Wed May 14, 2014 11:28 pm

RRHMiami wrote:don't understand why the Knicks keep chasing an inexperienced/unproven Steve Kerr :noway: Where coaches like George Karl, Lionel Hollins or maybe and aging Jerry Sloan are there to coach this washed up roster.. heck, I'd even try and give Patrick Ewing the head coach position before Kerr. :crazy:

none of those coaches share's p-jax's vision. jackson wants a coach who is an extension of himself, similar to riley and spo.

patrick ewing :lol:. you're embarrassing yourself.
R.I.P Black Mamba
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#5 » by Temuhjan » Thu May 15, 2014 12:18 am

Kerr is good as a p jax clone. But I hope Knicks is not giving him more than 16m for 4 years of service.
RRHMiami
Ballboy

Post#6 » by RRHMiami » Thu May 15, 2014 3:20 am

Tron Carter wrote:
RRHMiami wrote:don't understand why the Knicks keep chasing an inexperienced/unproven Steve Kerr :noway: Where coaches like George Karl, Lionel Hollins or maybe and aging Jerry Sloan are there to coach this washed up roster.. heck, I'd even try and give Patrick Ewing the head coach position before Kerr. :crazy:

none of those coaches share's p-jax's vision. jackson wants a coach who is an extension of himself, similar to riley and spo.

patrick ewing :lol:. you're embarrassing yourself.

Well i guess Jackson needs to contact Paxson or Shaw now. Don't laugh at Ewing..he's been assistant coach for a long time already and he used to be the Knicks face.

Return to Wiretap Discussion