Heat +11 In Finals With LeBron On Floor, -24 On Bench

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Heat +11 In Finals With LeBron On Floor, -24 On Bench 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 9, 2014 2:41 pm

The Miami Heat have outscored the San Antonio Spurs by 11 points with LeBron James on the court during the first two games of the 2014 NBA Finals, compared to -24 with him on the bench.

James had 35 points and 10 rebounds in Miami's 98-96 win over the Spurs in Game 2.

With James on the floor, the Heat shoot 60.4 percent and an averaged field goal attempt of 11.5 feet. With James on the bench, the Heat shoot just 29.4 percent and from 16. 2 feet.

Via AP

Captain Tsubasa
Sophomore
And1: 19

Re: Heat +11 In Finals With LeBron On Floor, -24 On Bench 

Post#2 » by Captain Tsubasa » Mon Jun 9, 2014 2:51 pm

the mvp award should be named after this guy. nobody ever meant so much to his team. period.
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#3 » by DJ3thenew23 » Mon Jun 9, 2014 2:59 pm

Captain Tsubasa wrote:the mvp award should be named after this guy. nobody ever meant so much to his team. period.

The only time he hasn't carried his team was his first year in Miami when he and Wade were trying to work everything out. Since then he has been their most important player. I agree that they should name it after him when his career is over seeing as he already has 4 and the record is 6 by Kareem.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#4 » by Donnyxc » Mon Jun 9, 2014 3:09 pm

This is how you bounce back. Great players never have two bad games in a row.

A lot of talk about sketchy tactics used in San Antonio in important playoff series. Flies in the opposing players locker rooms, A/C going out... hmm.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#5 » by DJ3thenew23 » Mon Jun 9, 2014 3:21 pm

Donnyxc wrote:This is how you bounce back. Great players never have two bad games in a row.

A lot of talk about sketchy tactics used in San Antonio in important playoff series. Flies in the opposing players locker rooms, A/C going out... hmm.

I highly doubt they would risk their own players just for a chance at LeBron cramping up again. If they did, they should go to Vegas as soon as possible. But it's unlikely.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#6 » by CHAMPi0N » Mon Jun 9, 2014 4:19 pm

Well this isn't really news. What I want to know are the +/- stats on Wade and Bosh, when they are on or off the floor, WITH and WITHOUT Lebron on the court. These guys have been weak. Sure Bosh had a dunk and Wade flops well, but when it comes down to it, nobody from the Heat even stood up for Lebron after Game 1. Weak. Lebron deserves better.
crazymaso
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#7 » by crazymaso » Mon Jun 9, 2014 4:48 pm

So the best player in the world improves the teams performance?

That's news for me!
Chuck Newhouse
Banned User
And1: 980

Post#8 » by Chuck Newhouse » Mon Jun 9, 2014 5:26 pm

CHAMPi0N wrote:Well this isn't really news. What I want to know are the +/- stats on Wade and Bosh, when they are on or off the floor, WITH and WITHOUT Lebron on the court. These guys have been weak. Sure Bosh had a dunk and Wade flops well, but when it comes down to it, nobody from the Heat even stood up for Lebron after Game 1. Weak. Lebron deserves better.

Agreed, this years Heat team only has one star. Dwade can't shoot well enough to ever be great again and Bosh is a shooter and that is about it, he really doesn't do hardly anything else well. He can't rebound worth a damn, can't block shots, his defence is average at best (when he plays hard which is rare), doesn't hustle and that pass to end the game last night was the first decent pass he has made all season. I think the reason Bosh is given as much credit as he is is that announcers tend to exaggerate how good he is because they feel guilty that they give so much attention to the other 2. He just doesn't do much good for his team. I will give him credit for one thing that I don't think many people notice. He is easily the best in the league at winning tip offs.
hodgy#11
Sixth Man
And1: 663

Post#9 » by hodgy#11 » Mon Jun 9, 2014 7:45 pm

CHAMPi0N wrote:Well this isn't really news. What I want to know are the +/- stats on Wade and Bosh, when they are on or off the floor, WITH and WITHOUT Lebron on the court. These guys have been weak. Sure Bosh had a dunk and Wade flops well, but when it comes down to it, nobody from the Heat even stood up for Lebron after Game 1. Weak. Lebron deserves better.

Bosh has been great so far.
eksessiv
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#10 » by eksessiv » Mon Jun 9, 2014 8:06 pm

Chuck Newhouse wrote:

Agreed, this years Heat team only has one star. Dwade can't shoot well enough to ever be great again and Bosh is a shooter and that is about it, he really doesn't do hardly anything else well. He can't rebound worth a damn, can't block shots, his defence is average at best (when he plays hard which is rare), doesn't hustle and that pass to end the game last night was the first decent pass he has made all season. I think the reason Bosh is given as much credit as he is is that announcers tend to exaggerate how good he is because they feel guilty that they give so much attention to the other 2. He just doesn't do much good for his team. I will give him credit for one thing that I don't think many people notice. He is easily the best in the league at winning tip offs.

He is averaging 48% from the floor right now. How much better does he need to shoot?
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#11 » by SmashMouthRod » Mon Jun 9, 2014 11:46 pm

This stat makes sense because anytime Lebron isnt on the floor; is when most teams go on runs. Evidenced by the ending to game 1. D-Wade isnt nearly as effective as he once was. He's still a solid offensive player but he cant guard anyone.
MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 254
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso

Post#12 » by MCtripDub » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:09 am

how do they compute this? Do they compare the final +/- from each game, or do they combine both games and determine it then? Coz if it's the first way, then wouldn't boris diaw be more impressive with like a +25 in the finals? haha :lol:
Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

big_ticket
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#13 » by big_ticket » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:32 am

Captain Tsubasa wrote:the mvp award should be named after this guy. nobody ever meant so much to his team. period.

that's right
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 655

Post#14 » by D21 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:36 am

MCtripDub wrote:how do they compute this? Do they compare the final +/- from each game, or do they combine both games and determine it then? Coz if it's the first way, then wouldn't boris diaw be more impressive with like a +25 in the finals? haha :lol:

That's what I fought too, if Heat was leading 2-0, it would make more sense, but at this moment, each team won a game, and in win, each team had one key player :
James for the Heat win, Diaw for the Spurs win.

At this point, it make no sense to write about James +/- only,
at least add Diaw in the mix to say that each team seems to be at their best with them on floor.

Heat : +11 with James on floor and -24 on bench. NET = +35
Spurs : +25 with Diaw on floor and -12 on bench. NET = +37
Quiet-Dude
Analyst
And1: 1,676

Post#15 » by Quiet-Dude » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:23 pm

Yes NBA, keep calling tick tack fouls on Leonard
Klaw basketball

Return to Wiretap Discussion