Howard, Harden Prepared To Recruit Knicks For Rockets

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Howard, Harden Prepared To Recruit Knicks For Rockets 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:02 pm

The Houston Rockets have prepared Dwight Howard and James Harden to recruit Carmelo Anthony as their third star to become title contenders.

The Rockets will need to unload the expiring contracts of Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin to clear most of the space required to sign Anthony.

Those two players could potentially appeal to the Knicks in sign-and-trade scenarios.

The Knicks have told teams that they do not want to take on contracts that last beyond the summer of 2015, though Asik could be a player they ultimately want to sign long-term.

The Rockets have the flexibility to sell Anthony on a full-max contract in the range of $22 million-$23 million per year, or can offer him the chance to keep teammates like Chandler Parsons, Patrick Beverley and Terrence Jones on the roster by accepting less money on the deal. 

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,085

Re: Howard, Harden Prepared To Recruit Knicks For Rockets 

Post#2 » by God Squad » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:08 pm

Looks like a great fit imo.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#3 » by Leto » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:22 pm

He's better off in Chicago.
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#4 » by DJ3thenew23 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:27 pm

Rockets would be a 2 or 3 seed if they get him.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
edward00
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#5 » by edward00 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:37 pm

I"m guessing Parsons will play at the 3 spot.

It would be crazy to see Lin in Knicks jersey again, but i don't know if Phil wants Lin on the team.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#6 » by Sam195 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:37 pm

Leto wrote:He's better off in Chicago.

how's he better off with the bulls when noah and rose are injury prone and chicago can't even offer him a full max deal. Carmelo already wasted a chunk of his career relying on an injury ridden star in amare stoudemire to help him pursue a title. i doubt he will make the same mistake again. Both Harden and Howard are healthy and each have played 70+ games per a season most of their careers aside from one season each where they had injuries.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,424

Post#7 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:08 pm

If melo goes to Houston hell have a career year in efficiency. He'll be at lebron levels

Harden will teach him the art of the offensive flop.

He'll lead the lg in FreeThrows
StaticRoar
Pro Prospect
And1: 884

Post#8 » by StaticRoar » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:14 pm

Jeez...Melo, Harden, and Dwight? We're just going to be watching free throws all game.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#9 » by Leto » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:37 pm

Houston will be the worst defensive team in the league. They won't get out of the first round.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#10 » by TonyMontana » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:55 pm

Where's Slim Thug or Slim Bug or Little Thug when you need to recruit NBA player to Houston because their women flow like water through the middle of the center, and that their strip clubs are unbeatable.

It worked on D. Howard, maybe it will work on Melo too. :lol:
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#11 » by inquisitive » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:10 pm

No please...Houston should go hard after Lebron.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
PDX_DL0
Senior
And1: 54

Post#12 » by PDX_DL0 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:28 pm

This would make the East irrelevant. Might as well crown the Champ at the WCF
"coaches are irrelevant in todays nba" - captlopez0012
SilkkyJohnson
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#13 » by SilkkyJohnson » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:31 pm

inquisitive wrote:No please...Houston should go hard after Lebron.

That's right, its Bron or Bust. Houston won't accept anything less.

Silkky-
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#14 » by Am2626 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Sam195 wrote:

how's he better off with the bulls when noah and rose are injury prone and chicago can't even offer him a full max deal. Carmelo already wasted a chunk of his career relying on an injury ridden star in amare stoudemire to help him pursue a title. i doubt he will make the same mistake again. Both Harden and Howard are healthy and each have played 70+ games per a season most of their careers aside from one season each where they had injuries.

He's better off in Chicago because the West is loaded. You put Melo on the Bulls, and they are easily in the ECF and are the front runners to be in the Finals. In the Western Conference they could be out as early as the 1st round.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#15 » by Knighthonor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:09 pm

Take less and go to the Wizards/Pacers if you want something now Melo.
SilkkyJohnson
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#16 » by SilkkyJohnson » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:39 pm

Am2626 wrote:
Sam195 wrote:

He's better off in Chicago because the West is loaded. You put Melo on the Bulls, and they are easily in the ECF and are the front runners to be in the Finals. In the Western Conference they could be out as early as the 1st round.

The bulls are a better fit and they would be more likely to get to the ECF, but that team with Melo doesn't have the raw talent to beat the Spurs or Thunder. Probably not enough for the Heat or Clippers either. The Mello Bulls would be really good I just don't see them being able to beat any of those teams. and that's only IF rose and Noah can stay healthy.
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#17 » by your boy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:47 pm

SilkkyJohnson wrote:
Am2626 wrote:
Sam195 wrote:

The bulls are a better fit and they would be more likely to get to the ECF, but that team with Melo doesn't have the raw talent to beat the Spurs or Thunder. Probably not enough for the Heat or Clippers either. The Mello Bulls would be really good I just don't see them being able to beat any of those teams. and that's only IF rose and Noah can stay healthy.

Spurs would be tough. They could beat the Thunder though
Brushman34
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#18 » by Brushman34 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:24 pm

Ouch, this has got to hurt for someone like Parsons, knowing that you're teammates are actively looking for your replacement before you're even gone.
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,423

Post#19 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:01 am

Sam195 wrote:

How? the Bulls won the year before in the first round without Rose, Melo doesn't want any of this Western Conference fire, plus Thibs is an excellent Coach who gets his team to win no matter what.

Houston's D would wither and die with Melo and Harden
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#20 » by BallerTalk » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:08 am

Brushman34 wrote:Ouch, this has got to hurt for someone like Parsons, knowing that you're teammates are actively looking for your replacement before you're even gone.

No more than it hurt Asik last season when Parsons was actively recruiting Dwight Howard. :lol:

But seriously, the Rockets are hoping to keep Chandler after signing/acquiring Carmelo...but of course there's no guarantee it will ultimately work out that way.
Regardless, Parsons is pretty much assured a hefty pay raise this coming season due to the Rockets making him a free agent a year early.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-

Return to Wiretap Discussion