Curry: Warriors Have Become 'Enticing' Destination

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Curry: Warriors Have Become 'Enticing' Destination 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:18 am

Stephen Curry sees the Golden State Warriors' involvement in discussions for Kevin Love and as a possibility for LeBron James as a symbol of how the franchise has come over the past few years.

“For me, I think it’s just the testament to just where our organization is,” Curry said Saturday at his basketball camp at Stevenson School. “We’re an enticing place to play, and I think free agents understand that and people around the league understand that we are about winning.

“We have a great fan base, the best fan base in the world. Oracle Arena is a great place to play, and we’re on the rise as an organization. So for us to be in the conversations with a Kevin Love or a LeBron or whoever, I mean that’s something we probably were shoved to the side on those kind of conversations. That’s a good feeling knowing that we’ve done a lot and have a lot more to do.”

Curry said he would let the situation play out rather than make a recruiting call to James.

“I don’t think four years ago if LeBron was a free agent anybody would ask him, ‘What about the Warriors?’” Curry said. “So it’s kind of funny.”

Via Diamond Leung/San Jose Mercury News

2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Re: Curry: Warriors Have Become 'Enticing' Destination 

Post#2 » by 2thehoopand1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:03 am

Not this off season but once they get David lee off the books I can see curry talking a Dominant big to sign who already plays in the west.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Eaglenugget wrote:We got Bosh!!!' Not Discounted!! Lmfao
Golden Angel
Starter
And1: 891

Post#3 » by Golden Angel » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:34 am

2thehoopand1 wrote:Not this off season but once they get David lee off the books I can see curry talking a Dominant big to sign who already plays in the west.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Or they just should trade David Lee/Klay for kevin Love and kmart.

Curry/
FA/Martin
Iguodala/Barnes
Love/Green
Bogut/Ezeli

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrF0U2qCIAAYA11.jpg
Golden State Warriors

PG: S. Curry | S. Livingston | N. Nedovic
SG: K. Thompson | B. Rush
SF: A. Iguodala | H. Barnes
PF: D. Lee | D. Green | M. Speights
C: A. Bogut | F. Ezeli | O. Kuzmic
totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Post#4 » by totalrekall » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:39 am

this is true to a large degree but so far its just talk. much of the discussion they're in is simply hype created by the owner(pathetic I know, but the guy cant help it; he has no class). LeBron isnt considering the W's. Dwight wasnt considering the W's. what star player has legitimately wanted to come to the W's?

Kevin Love would like to play here, but Kevin Love hasnt won in this league. so far Love is a great player on paper and not much else. he doesnt play defense and his teams dont win as much as they should. yes the W's are a winning ball club and a team on the rise

so far that hasnt made much difference in FA. the best FA they got out of it was Iguodala and that looks like a bad signing so far. he didnt produce offensively and coming off the bench killed Barnes confidence. when Barnes was starting he was producing more than Iguodala. so how much did adding Iguodala help, while ignoring the extreme need of replacing Jarret Jack

Return to Wiretap Discussion