Klay Thompson Expects To Remain With Warriors

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Re: Klay Thompson Expects To Remain With Warriors 

Post#21 » by Chris3323 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:46 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Chris3323 wrote:with all the talent, this team lacks defense.

I dont see this team getting passed the CLippers or Thunder

Are you stupid? The Warriors have 4 elite defenders and were ranked 3rd in defense last year. It blows my mind that people will easily rattle off takes that became dated 5 years ago and act like they know basketball. Lawd.

Elite defenders? :crazy: :crazy:

stop.

anyway, we all know the Warriors will get taken out by the CLipps yet again.
See you soon ;)
Chris3323
Pro Prospect

Post#22 » by Chris3323 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 pm

Dasein wrote:

:banghead: Warriors strength for the last couple seasons has been defense. Last season they were top 3

aannnndddd...... you fired your defensive coach ;)
heheee
Dasein
Senior
And1: 447

Post#23 » by Dasein » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Chris3323 wrote:
Dasein wrote:

:banghead: Warriors strength for the last couple seasons has been defense. Last season they were top 3

heheee

:lol: Mark Jackson isnt a coach hes a preacher/motivator. He had no offensive or defensive system whatsoever. The warriors talent on defense should get most of the credit, and Mike Malone, and Darren Erman for implementing a system on defense. Plus we just hired one of the top defensive coaches in the league in Ron Adams. We will be better than Flop City this season and we would have beat you guys in the first round if Bogut wasnt injured and/or if we had an actual coach instead of a motivator.
HomegrownRebel wrote: I'd rather have John Wall, Bradley Beal, Marcin Gortat, Nene, and Paul Pierce than the Warriors team. And you can keep thinking Durant would come there. Very doubtful. He loves his hometown and area. Why would he want to live closer to fruitcakes?
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#24 » by damecurry » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:07 pm

Chris3323 wrote:
damecurry wrote:

This team was literally a couple minutes and a few points from getting past the clippers last year WITHOUT their rim-protector/key defensive cog/arguably second most important player. If everyone was healthy, as they were for the clips, it's really hard to argue GSW wouldn't have won that imo. They've got a better backup combo guard and a coach who should implement a system that utilizes Iguodala and Barnes much more effectively. It'll be tough for anyone to get past the Thunder but I wouldn't be scared of LAC if I'm the warriors.

You realise there playoff hopes rely on a healthy Bogut right?
This is a dude that is injured year in year out

He was healthy throughout 12-13 post-season, he's gone on record saying he needs to play smarter and more carefully to stay healthy. Sure, he's extremely injury prone but that doesn't mean he'll be injured every playoffs. DeAndre Jordan hasn't missed a game in 3 years, you really think it'll just stay that way forever? I think it's really odd when people say "look at the past, clearly it will be the future!" Westbrook never missed a game for five seasons than went down in the 12-13 playoffs and missed a big section of the 13-14 season, shi* happens man, including "injury prone" guys like Steph Curry suddenly staying consistently healthy.
TwolvesFan66
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#25 » by TwolvesFan66 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:11 pm

Dr Music wrote:
JasonL wrote:
Dr Music wrote:Why not swap out David Lee for Love. Everyone seems to hate Lee despite his hustle and being a steady double/double guy and nearly a 20/10 guy. Would that small upgrade at PF plus a healthy Bogut be just enough?

Yeah because it's that simple to get minnesota to agree to a love/lee swap, are you simple or something? this isnt nba 2k

Lee is the closest thing to Kevin Love numbers wise, and also an all-star, something Klay is not. Whats so far fetched about swapping them? Even you Warriors fans underestimate the value of David Lee

If David Lee is that great then you just go ahead and keep him then. You know he isn't he isn't even top 15 for PF rankings in the league and Love is top 5 in the NBA. But hey, Lee is really good so just keep him and let's see where you are at end of next season.
Chris3323
Pro Prospect

Post#26 » by Chris3323 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Dasein wrote:
Chris3323 wrote:
Dasein wrote:

heheee

:lol: Mark Jackson isnt a coach hes a preacher/motivator. He had no offensive or defensive system whatsoever. The warriors talent on defense should get most of the credit, and Mike Malone, and Darren Erman for implementing a system on defense. Plus we just hired one of the top defensive coaches in the league in Ron Adams. We will be better than Flop City this season and we would have beat you guys in the first round if Bogut wasnt injured and/or if we had an actual coach instead of a motivator.

I know all about Mark Jackson preaching. Saw him in LA being overly preachy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5soxT-Vu48

That being said, your season relies on Andrew Bogut.
Andrew
Bogut

so lets see what happens
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,042

Post#27 » by Jester_ » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:29 pm

Chris3323 wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

Are you stupid? The Warriors have 4 elite defenders and were ranked 3rd in defense last year. It blows my mind that people will easily rattle off takes that became dated 5 years ago and act like they know basketball. Lawd.

stop.

See you soon ;)

Ohhh, aren't you that senile buffoon I spoke with a few months ago? Well it's really nice knowing there aren't 2 of you.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
malgus
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#28 » by malgus » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:42 pm

If the Warriors were a "top 3 defense", how come their defense wasn't very good?
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#29 » by your boy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:59 pm

The Warriors must not be seriously be trying to get Kevin Love, no chance at getting him for Barnes and Lee, that's a horrible offer
Skoolboy
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#30 » by Skoolboy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:30 pm

damecurry wrote:

This team was literally a couple minutes and a few points from getting past the clippers last year WITHOUT their rim-protector/key defensive cog/arguably second most important player. If everyone was healthy, as they were for the clips, it's really hard to argue GSW wouldn't have won that imo. They've got a better backup combo guard and a coach who should implement a system that utilizes Iguodala and Barnes much more effectively. It'll be tough for anyone to get past the Thunder but I wouldn't be scared of LAC if I'm the warriors.

That GSW LAC matchup is gonna be great this year.. because both teams upgraded in their own way (Livingston for GSW, Hawes for LAC) its true if Bogut was healthy that would have been a completely different series. I still feel that Iggy was not used properly by Jackson which is where Kerr should be able to use him properly in the right offense..
Why do the Yankees win every year? 'Cause they can't keep their eyes off the pinstripes
Skoolboy
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#31 » by Skoolboy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:34 pm

TwolvesFan66 wrote:
Dr Music wrote:
JasonL wrote:
Yeah because it's that simple to get minnesota to agree to a love/lee swap, are you simple or something? this isnt nba 2k

Lee is the closest thing to Kevin Love numbers wise, and also an all-star, something Klay is not. Whats so far fetched about swapping them? Even you Warriors fans underestimate the value of David Lee

If David Lee is that great then you just go ahead and keep him then. You know he isn't he isn't even top 15 for PF rankings in the league and Love is top 5 in the NBA. But hey, Lee is really good so just keep him and let's see where you are at end of next season.

One of my Knick fan regrets is when we let go of Love to sign Amare :noway: Hes productive enough for the Warriors to hold on to.. He gives you a better defensive effort than Love..but K Love is K Love
Why do the Yankees win every year? 'Cause they can't keep their eyes off the pinstripes
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#32 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:01 pm

nocomingnogoing wrote:it's pretty crazy not offering klay for love - klay will likely never be an all-star - love is 1 of the 10 best players in the league - i like klay but come on ... he is getting better but still is pretty limited.

10 best? More like top 3.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#33 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:04 pm

malgus wrote:If the Warriors were a "top 3 defense", how come their defense wasn't very good?

You do realize the Warriors have different owners, coaches, and players since 2008, right?

Their defense was great. Much better than their offense.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
PDX_DL0
Senior
And1: 54

Post#34 » by PDX_DL0 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Haha ok Dubs, keep Klay and your "core". With this team you can't get past the first round. Year after year the Dubs fail and refuse to make the necessary changes. We all hear your excuses of Lee being hurt or Bogut going down but that only strengthens my argument. You need new blood to get you over the hump.

Ask yourself, which type of player is easier to find; Love or Klay. Shooters are a dime a dozen these days imo
"coaches are irrelevant in todays nba" - captlopez0012
Dr Music
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#35 » by Dr Music » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:04 pm

TwolvesFan66 wrote:
Dr Music wrote:
JasonL wrote:

Funny how a guy who's made a few all-star appearances and averages 19/10 has 14 guys better than him at the PF position. You got Duncan on top, Love, Griffin, Nowitski. Are you going to put Bosh there with his whopping 5 rpg in there?

I too think the Knicks should have kept him. His 20/10 with them is better than Amare playing 20 games a year.
Chris3323
Pro Prospect

Post#36 » by Chris3323 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:32 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Chris3323 wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

stop.

See you soon ;)

Ohhh, aren't you that senile buffoon I spoke with a few months ago? Well it's really nice knowing there aren't 2 of you.

when forum boys lose to nba facts they go to other shot attempts?

anywho
Lets come back here and see which team is better in a couple months. lets say............... All star break? :D
CnG
Rookie
And1: 2,554

Post#37 » by CnG » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:06 pm

Chris3323 wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
Chris3323 wrote:

stop.

See you soon ;)

when forum boys lose to nba facts they go to other shot attempts?

anywho
Lets come back here and see which team is better in a couple months. lets say............... All star break? :D

Bogut and Andre are elite defenders, fact. Klay is top 5 best SG in the league right now and great defender.

Yep Bogut is pretty influential to us, 2nd behind Steph but with Festus back as a good backup and hopefully some time to pickup another big we're in good shape.

You want to play with facts (reg season)?

Bogut played more games than CP3 AND played only 4 less games than Dwight. Please, please understand that when someone's game is built on banging and wrestling under the basket the likelihood is they WILL get injured sometimes.

Bogut was unlucky enough to break some ribs at the end of the season, but yeah he's just sooooo injury prone, clearly his fault and an injury he gets every other week.

I'm praying we finish 4/5 in the playoffs to match up and absolutely ruin you, your flopping cheating players and disgusting organisation.
Read on Twitter
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#38 » by LaRance » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:42 am

Chris3323 wrote:
Dasein wrote:
Chris3323 wrote:
heheee

:lol: Mark Jackson isnt a coach hes a preacher/motivator. He had no offensive or defensive system whatsoever. The warriors talent on defense should get most of the credit, and Mike Malone, and Darren Erman for implementing
a system on defense. Plus we just hired one of the top defensive coaches in the league in Ron Adams. We will be better than Flop City this season and we would have beat you guys in the first round if Bogut wasnt injured and/or if we had an actual coach instead of a motivator.

sometimes I wonder if we're all watching the same basketball games. give credit where credit is due. Warriors went from what a 33 win team to a 54 win team with Mark Jackson so give the man his props. you can be both a Preacher and a good coach you Sinners LOL!!!
Darren_Errman
Senior
And1: 265

Post#39 » by Darren_Errman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:25 am

From what I remember, the Clippers were 1 blown referee call at the end of game 3 away from losing the series 4-2 (CP3 clearly fouled Curry on the elbow and hip IMO). This without Bogut, Ezeli, and injured O'Neal. GS pretty much without their top 3 centers.

I'm not sure why Clippers fans think their team is such a lock to beat GS next year. A team with good defense like GS is always tough in the playoffs and they have a lot of offensive firepower to back that defense. I really like the way that team is constructed. Just need to add experience, stay healthy, and minor roster tweaks.
Chris3323
Pro Prospect

Post#40 » by Chris3323 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:45 pm

LaRance wrote:
Chris3323 wrote:
Dasein wrote:
:lol: Mark Jackson isnt a coach hes a preacher/motivator. He had no offensive or defensive system whatsoever. The warriors talent on defense should get most of the credit, and Mike Malone, and Darren Erman for implementing
a system on defense. Plus we just hired one of the top defensive coaches in the league in Ron Adams. We will be better than Flop City this season and we would have beat you guys in the first round if Bogut wasnt injured and/or if we had an actual coach instead of a motivator.

sometimes I wonder if we're all watching the same basketball games. give credit where credit is due. Warriors went from what a 33 win team to a 54 win team with Mark Jackson so give the man his props. you can be both a Preacher and a good coach you Sinners LOL!!!

Warriors will be a question mark this season since the Jackson was fired, also with Bogut making it a full 82 games.
Only issue i see with this team is the fact that Harrison Barnes is stuck behind Andre for some reason

Return to Wiretap Discussion