Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Re: Kyrie Irving Agreed To 27.5 Percent Of Salary Cap If He 

Post#21 » by Shem » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:59 pm

CoolKids wrote:
Shem wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:He's smart, because when Lebron bolts out of there he won't have long to wait.

The Cavs and their fans are delusional. Wait until they lose to a west team. The honeymoon will end quickly

You're delusional to think LeBron would bolt from Cleveland anytime soon or ever. Lots of things would have to go wrong in order for that to happen. For one if Kyrie Irving decided to suck from this point on and if you're logical, you know that won't happen.

If the cavs dont compete in the playoffs this season lebron is a goner.

Let me introduce you to something you didn't read yet:
I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron ... -cavaliers

And you forget that the Cavs play in the weak Eastern Conference. But think otherwise while I watch you eat your words. :nod:
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
WizardsWorld
Lead Assistant
And1: 236

Post#22 » by WizardsWorld » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:41 pm

BizGilwalker wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:He's smart, because when Lebron bolts out of there he won't have long to wait.

The Cavs and their fans are delusional. Wait until they lose to a west team. The honeymoon will end quickly

2010-11: "The Heat and their fans are delusional. They will never win a title."
2012-14: *crickets*
2014-15: repeat with Cavs.

Yes I know, Lebron is on a two-year, potentially one-year deal, whatever. He isn't leaving in 2015 unless the roster crashes and burns, Kyrie chokes and plays like Chris Duhon all season, Wiggins turns out to be worse than Austin Rivers, Waiters punches him in the face and tells him to leave and the Cavs are "Dion's Team", Brendan Haywood is extended to a five year max deal, and then they trade Bennett to Philadelphia and Bennett puts up 25/10/5 and wins MVP while leading the 76ers to the Finals.

Only if all of those happen, will Lebron consider leaving Cleveland.

You forgot.... AND the Cavs re-sign Delonte MothaF'N West ! :wink:
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#23 » by CoolKids » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:52 pm

Shem wrote:
CoolKids wrote:
Shem wrote:You're delusional to think LeBron would bolt from Cleveland anytime soon or ever. Lots of things would have to go wrong in order for that to happen. For one if Kyrie Irving decided to suck from this point on and if you're logical, you know that won't happen.

If the cavs dont compete in the playoffs this season lebron is a goner.

I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys.

And you forget that the Cavs play in the weak Eastern Conference. But think otherwise while I watch you eat your words. :nod:

Lmao. what is he supposed to say? Im coming back because the heat are on the decline? Thats all. Hes biding his time until he can find the right situation. Might be one year or two. but Lebron is a goner if they dont win a championship in that time span.
Shem
RealGM

Post#24 » by Shem » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:10 pm

CoolKids wrote:
Shem wrote:
CoolKids wrote:If the cavs dont compete in the playoffs this season lebron is a goner.

Lmao. what is he supposed to say? Im coming back because the heat are on the decline? Thats all. Hes biding his time until he can find the right situation. Might be one year or two. but Lebron is a goner if they dont win a championship in that time span.

You're laughing. I LOVE IT! Now... bookmark this for a later date. Because I'm going to and I will rub it in when I'm right... and I will be right. ;)
April 4, 2014:

CoolKids
RealGM

Post#25 » by CoolKids » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:49 pm

Shem wrote:
CoolKids wrote:
Shem wrote:

You're laughing. I LOVE IT! Now... bookmark this for a later date. Because I'm going to and I will rub it in when I'm right... and I will be right. ;)

right about what?
juduking
Junior
And1: 23

Post#26 » by juduking » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:03 pm

Offense wins games, defense wins championships. LeBron knows this his coach comes from Europe where defense plays second fiddle to ball movement and jump shooting, and the rest of LeBron's new teammates know nothing of defense and what it takes to win in the league as they have yet to achieve anything. Byron Scott couldn't get them to play defense, neither could the so called "defensive guru" Mike Brown. How does LeBron suddenly change that? One player does not make a team. They will not be winning any championships.
"Ball Don't Lie"!
Shem
RealGM

Post#27 » by Shem » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:38 pm

CoolKids wrote:
Shem wrote:
CoolKids wrote:Lmao. what is he supposed to say? Im coming back because the heat are on the decline? Thats all. Hes biding his time until he can find the right situation. Might be one year or two. but Lebron is a goner if they dont win a championship in that time span.

right about what?

If you don't know that, then you should either go back and reread what has been said, or you should seriously wonder about yourself. :rolleyes:
April 4, 2014:

TheCly
Pro Prospect
And1: 317

Post#28 » by TheCly » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:19 pm

No danger of either happening. Derrick Rose will start on the All-Star team at PG.
Exec76
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#29 » by Exec76 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:07 am

TheCly wrote:No danger of either happening. Derrick Rose will start on the All-Star team at PG.

There is no PG/SG positions with All Star rosters only Guards,Forwards and Centers. Rose and Irving will most likely be the starting back court.
caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#30 » by caronimo » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:35 am

i think guards who can threaten him being an All-Starter are Rondo, Wade, Rose, Lowry and Wall.
TheCly
Pro Prospect
And1: 317

Post#31 » by TheCly » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:56 am

Exec76 wrote:
TheCly wrote:No danger of either happening. Derrick Rose will start on the All-Star team at PG.

There is no PG/SG positions with All Star rosters only Guards,Forwards and Centers. Rose and Irving will most likely be the starting back court.

Ok, good point.
PDX_DL0
Senior
And1: 54

Post#32 » by PDX_DL0 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:44 am

It won't be a surprise if he starts. Lebron made Mo Williams an All-Star after all
"coaches are irrelevant in todays nba" - captlopez0012
crazymaso
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#33 » by crazymaso » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:43 am

Zeus LA wrote:
Sam195 wrote: Irving also has a huge international following in Australia - an emerging basket-ball market.

Are you his agent? Because this statement is complete hyperbole. I would set the over/under on the number of people that would even recognize Kyrie if he walked down the street in Australia at 10,000.

100% true. Irving moved to the US when he was 2 years old....strong Australian ties he has!
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,486

Post#34 » by Wildcat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:37 am

BizGilwalker wrote:With crazy amounts of Lebron fans and Chicago fans and nobody else in the East, I bet the entire All-Star starting five is made up of players on just those two teams.

Noah
Lebron
Wiggins
Irving
Rose

or

Noah
Gasol
Lebron
Irving
Rose

Honestly, the only guards even worth consideration in the East are Rose, Kyrie, Rondo, Wade, Lowry, Derozan, Stephenson, Walker, Teague, Wall, and Deron (if he has a bounce-back season). There are way too many Lebron fans who will vote Kyrie in, and there are tons of Rose fans who will probably vote him in even if he plays terribly and scores 12 points a game. I'd say Kyrie is a lock to be voted in to start unless he really plays terribly.

Silly to exclude Melo who has been voted into all his all-star appearances in NY. Never mind that Noah has never been voted in.
CoolKids
RealGM

Post#35 » by CoolKids » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:16 am

Shem wrote:
CoolKids wrote:
Shem wrote:You're laughing. I LOVE IT! Now... bookmark this for a later date. Because I'm going to and I will rub it in when I'm right... and I will be right. ;)

right about what?

If you don't know that, then you should either go back and reread what has been said, or you should seriously wonder about yourself. :rolleyes:

That lebron will leave cleveland if the cavs dont advance in the playoffs? ok. I think they will though. My point is hes gone if they dont
djxsremix
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#36 » by djxsremix » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:17 am

Kyrie not only got voted in as a starter last year, he won the MVP of the All Star Game. He doesn't need help from Lebron to get votes.
the edge
Pro Prospect
And1: 109

Post#37 » by the edge » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:45 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
burritoKURUMA wrote:

Lose to a west team? Like, in the Finals?

I'm pretty sure Clevelanders are not going to stop being excited about the team if they make it all the way to the final round of the playoffs.

... and they also aren't going to get discouraged by a regular season loss either, if that's what you meant.

Do you think Lebron will be thrilled with a 4th career NBA finals loss on his record?

It's all about HIM. If the Cavs cannot stack up, and even if they get Love I'd still say they'd be drubbed by the West's top 4 teams, he will definitely consider another move. The guy has left two teams holding the bag twice now when it became apparent that he cannot achieve his goals with the rosters in place.

What we have here is hostage situation going on with Lebron and the Cavs and the only ones who don't realize it are their fans or people who believed that "heartfelt" letter. That contract is bogus. Two opt out years?

Lebron literally owns that team now :lol:

And don't you wish it was your team.
Love it!!!!!!!!!!
the edge
Pro Prospect
And1: 109

Post#38 » by the edge » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:47 am

CoolKids wrote:
Shem wrote:
CoolKids wrote:If the cavs dont compete in the playoffs this season lebron is a goner.

And you can sure as hell, bet he won't go to NY.
Love it!
CoolKids
RealGM

Post#39 » by CoolKids » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:48 pm

the edge wrote:
CoolKids wrote:
Shem wrote:

And you can sure as hell, bet he won't go to NY.
Love it!

who cares lol
godfather25
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#40 » by godfather25 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:11 pm

PDX_DL0 wrote:It won't be a surprise if he starts. Lebron made Mo Williams an All-Star after all

He was already the starting point guard for the East last year, won MVP.

He's pretty much a lock this year. His name was pretty big, and will be even bigger along side LB.

Return to Wiretap Discussion