Anthony Bennett Could Be Traded To 76ers As Part Of Love Deal

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Anthony Bennett Could Be Traded To 76ers As Part Of Love Deal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Aug 5, 2014 3:50 am

Anthony Bennett could be traded to the Philadelphia 76ers as part of the long anticipated Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love trade.

The Minnesota Timberwolves would like to acquire Thaddeus Young as Love's replacement and Bennett could be re-routed to the 76ers.

Bennett was selected first overall in the 2013 NBA Draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

zronv7
Starter
And1: 1,191

Re: Anthony Bennett Could Be Traded To 76ers As Part Of Love 

Post#2 » by zronv7 » Tue Aug 5, 2014 4:12 am

wow..don't let the sixers get off that easy..c'mon now I mean young is pretty much worthless.
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#3 » by OrlDave » Tue Aug 5, 2014 4:46 am

Philly is stockpiling bigs with baggage. I guess at least one will pan out.
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#4 » by johnnyballgame » Tue Aug 5, 2014 5:28 am

zronv7 wrote:wow..don't let the sixers get off that easy..c'mon now I mean young is pretty much worthless.

I would expect the Sixers are also taking on Kevin Martin, J.J Barea or both. Getting a decent young upside guy like Bennett would be their motivation for doing that. They're spending the money they'd be taking on regardless if they take these guys on or not as they'd have to meet the minimum in salaries or pay the difference to the players association... so good deal for Philly. no risk whatsoever to get the first overall pick last year. if it doesn't work out, they were going to stink anyway. and don't get mad at me for saying that sixers fans, that's the plan isn't it?
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#5 » by RandyBreuer » Tue Aug 5, 2014 5:51 am

Really like what Hinkie is doing in Philly. Happy for Minn to get Wiggins and start over. Why in the hell sign Mo Williams? Congratulations Clev getting the man back and contending again. Beautiful 3 way about to go down with all 3 parties truly satisfied. Somewhat rare indeed.
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#6 » by RandyBreuer » Tue Aug 5, 2014 6:32 am

Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#7 » by urinesane » Tue Aug 5, 2014 6:46 am

RandyBreuer wrote:Really like what Hinkie is doing in Philly. Happy for Minn to get Wiggins and start over. Why in the hell sign Mo Williams? Congratulations Clev getting the man back and contending again. Beautiful 3 way about to go down with all 3 parties truly satisfied. Somewhat rare indeed.

Mo Williams would be 1000000x better backup than JJ. I'm guessing he (JJ) may get sent somewhere before the season starts, since they need an actual PG that can run the offense behind Rubio.

I'm thrilled at the prospect of not having to take Bennett and even moreso by the prospect of getting someone as underrated as Thad Young to pair with Pek and be a great veteran influence on a young, talented, and smart group of players.

If Flip somehow turns Kevin Love not re-signing with the Wolves into Andrew Wiggins, Thad Young and pieces, and not taking on Bennett, while getting rid of JJ. I would be proud to call Flip the best GM by far in Wolves history.
Phoen-X
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#8 » by Phoen-X » Tue Aug 5, 2014 10:28 am

Well... why not. The guy has been picked first overall, so he must have SOME upside.
Okafor - Noel - Saric - Wroten - Embiid
BNelley24
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#9 » by BNelley24 » Tue Aug 5, 2014 11:31 am

OrlDave wrote:Philly is stockpiling bigs with baggage. I guess at least one will pan out.

Baggage? You mean taking the best players available? Joel Embiid was the best player in this year's draft and we got him at #3...Nerlens Noel was possibly the best player in the 2013 draft and we got him because he fell to #6 (traded Jrue)....Dario Saric was as high as top 5 on a lot of people's boards, and we got him at 10. Anthony Bennett was coming of surgery last year. He looked like a brand new player in summer league. I love Thad Young, he's one of my favorite professionals, he's a good a kid, works hard, never in trouble, scrappy...However he's not part of our future. Plus he could opt out of his contract at the end of the season. To be able to get last year's #1 pick for him is insane. It basically means in the 2013 draft we were able to get Nerlens Noel, Anthony Bennett, Michael Carter Williams for Jrue Holiday & Thad Young, siiiickkkk
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#10 » by Rated T By CBRA » Tue Aug 5, 2014 12:39 pm

Phoen-X wrote:Well... why not. The guy has been picked first overall, so he must have SOME upside.

That "some upside" is very limited IMO. Cavs took him because...well they're Cavs. Unless he has a miraculous turnaround from his rookie campaign, he will be a big miss @ #1.
WVU
Rookie
And1: 759

Post#11 » by WVU » Tue Aug 5, 2014 12:40 pm

Love it. Give me Bennett, last season was an outlier since he was injured and came into the year out of shape. Watched this kid a bunch in college and all I can say is wow, if we land him for Thad
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#12 » by DJ3thenew23 » Tue Aug 5, 2014 1:39 pm

BNelley24 wrote:
OrlDave wrote:Philly is stockpiling bigs with baggage. I guess at least one will pan out.

Baggage? You mean taking the best players available? Joel Embiid was the best player in this year's draft and we got him at #3...Nerlens Noel was possibly the best player in the 2013 draft and we got him because he fell to #6 (traded Jrue)....Dario Saric was as high as top 5 on a lot of people's boards, and we got him at 10. Anthony Bennett was coming of surgery last year. He looked like a brand new player in summer league. I love Thad Young, he's one of my favorite professionals, he's a good a kid, works hard, never in trouble, scrappy...However he's not part of our future. Plus he could opt out of his contract at the end of the season. To be able to get last year's #1 pick for him is insane. It basically means in the 2013 draft we were able to get Nerlens Noel, Anthony Bennett, Michael Carter Williams for Jrue Holiday & Thad Young, siiiickkkk

I love the possibility of Noel and Embiid in the front-court together, but Bennett is nothing special. He's not Kwame Brown bad, but he's no Larry Johnson like people though.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
Swauny Jones
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#13 » by Swauny Jones » Tue Aug 5, 2014 1:54 pm

WVU wrote:Love it. Give me Bennett, last season was an outlier since he was injured and came into the year out of shape. Watched this kid a bunch in college and all I can say is wow, if we land him for Thad

I agree. perfect fit in Philly for Anthony Bennett. He'll get tons of playing time and develop a great deal into a very solid pro
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#14 » by vic » Tue Aug 5, 2014 1:58 pm

Philly wins.

Nerlens AND Embiid with a stretch 4 like Bennett?
Silly! In a few years that's practically unstoppable.

Cleveland is so shortsighted, and Minnesota is getting short changed.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
MKGsMotor
Senior
And1: 207

Post#15 » by MKGsMotor » Tue Aug 5, 2014 2:27 pm

vic wrote:Philly wins.

I disagree. You're just looking at potential. What I see on the 76ers is two injured big men who haven't played an NBA game and a positionless number 1 pick who had a bust first year. If we're looking at "what could be" in potential why is Minnesota getting short changed? They have most hyped player since Lebron in Andrew Wiggins to go along with perhaps the most potential in last years draft in Zach Lavine. Along with future picks they're sure to get from Cleveland, that's not a bad haul for a player that's openly going to leave you in a year.
And there's nothing wrong with what Cleveland is doing either. What's wrong with being shortsighted? They're trying to win a championship. That's the goal. Not to bank on the potential of having a good team for ten years. 95% of teams would mortage their future for a REAL chance at an NBA title for the next five years. That's what Cleveland has now.
The Lamb flock's vision has come true.
C-Town Clown
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#16 » by C-Town Clown » Tue Aug 5, 2014 2:35 pm

MKGsMotor wrote:
vic wrote:Philly wins.

I disagree. You're just looking at potential. What I see on the 76ers is two injured big men who haven't played an NBA game and a positionless number 1 pick who had a bust first year. If we're looking at "what could be" in potential why is Minnesota getting short changed? They have most hyped player since Lebron in Andrew Wiggins to go along with perhaps the most potential in last years draft in Zach Lavine. Along with future picks they're sure to get from Cleveland, that's not a bad haul for a player that's openly going to leave you in a year.
And there's nothing wrong with what Cleveland is doing either. What's wrong with being shortsighted? They're trying to win a championship. That's the goal. Not to bank on the potential of having a good team for ten years. 95% of teams would mortage their future for a REAL chance at an NBA title for the next five years. That's what Cleveland has now.

Literally was just going to hit submit on a response saying exactly what you said... Did you hack into my computer? I spent like 5min typing that thing and now I have no points to show for it. Either way, I agree.
malgus
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#17 » by malgus » Tue Aug 5, 2014 2:55 pm

Bennet a Stretch 4? The dude shot 35% from the field and 24% from 3. Good luck with that
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#18 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Tue Aug 5, 2014 3:14 pm

I'd rather keep and develop Bennett, then Have Young leave to go join a contender in a year when he declines his player option.
Credits to Jstock12
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#19 » by OrlDave » Tue Aug 5, 2014 3:30 pm

BNelley24 wrote:

Don't be dense. All 3 of these guys have had surgery before playing a game in the NBA. That's baggage. (And on Saric he has the baggage of an overseas contract although I wasn't really referring to him)
Mr Sixer
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#20 » by Mr Sixer » Tue Aug 5, 2014 3:52 pm

OrlDave wrote:
BNelley24 wrote:

Don't be dense. All 3 of these guys have had surgery before playing a game in the NBA. That's baggage. (And on Saric he has the baggage of an overseas contract although I wasn't really referring to him)

Lol at don't be dense. You're just labeling players that are coming off surgery as "having baggage". Vucevic will never be an elite rim protector unlike Embiid and Noel, that's baggage. Elfrid Payton is a worse shooter than even MCW was, that's baggage. You took a high risk tweener pick with Aaron Gordon at the 4th spot, that's baggage. Why don't you look at players and rosters for what they are instead of putting ridiculous labels on things.

Return to Wiretap Discussion