Love: Taylor Should Focus On How He 'Got A Lot For Me'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Love: Taylor Should Focus On How He 'Got A Lot For Me' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:18 pm

As Kevin Love was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers, Minnesota Timberwolves' owner Glen Taylor told a local radio station that his issues on defense and staying healthy may be an issue for his new team.

"I think where maybe he got away with some stuff not playing defense on our team, I'm not sure that's how it's going to work in Cleveland," Taylor said on ESPN Radio 1500 AM in the Twin Cities on Tuesday. "I would guess they're going to ask him to play more defense, and he's foul-prone.

"I question Kevin if this is going to be the best deal for him, because I think he's going to be the third player on the team," Taylor added. "I don't think he's going to get a lot of credit if they do really well. I think he'll get blame if they don't do well. He's around a couple guys that are awful good."

Love responded to the comments on Wednesday, one day after saying he thought his relationship with Taylor was a positive one.

"I think emotions are definitely running high right now," Love told "Mike & Mike." "For Glen to say that, I just think that he should be focusing on the players that he just received. I mean, he has two of the No. 1 picks in the last two drafts: Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett. He has another guy who can really play in Thaddeus Young.

"I think he got a lot for me. So I'd be focusing even more on that. More than anything, I'm just excited to start my time in Cleveland, get to work with my new teammates, and start with this new family here."

Via ESPN

Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Re: Love: Taylor Should Focus On How He 'Got A Lot For Me' 

Post#2 » by Rated T By CBRA » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:41 pm

Classy response by Love, Minny front office had plenty of time to make the team relevant during his tenure there...unfortunately it didn't happen. They got great pieces in return, Cavs got a great player in Love. Win-win for both sides (one looking at the future, and one to win now).
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#3 » by funkatron101 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Rated T By CBRA wrote:Classy response by Love, Minny front office had plenty of time to make the team relevant during his tenure there...unfortunately it didn't happen. They got great pieces in return, Cavs got a great player in Love. Win-win for both sides (one looking at the future, and one to win now).

Yep. Glen Taylor needs to STFU.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Junior
And1: 112

Post#4 » by ... » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:33 pm

funkatron101 wrote:
Rated T By CBRA wrote:Classy response by Love, Minny front office had plenty of time to make the team relevant during his tenure there...unfortunately it didn't happen. They got great pieces in return, Cavs got a great player in Love. Win-win for both sides (one looking at the future, and one to win now).

Agreed. Think about what Wiggins, Bennett, Rubio, Pekovic, or anyone else on the team for that matter is thinking, "Taylor is going to badmouth me once I leave." Doesn't really scream professionalism, does it?
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#5 » by moofs » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:10 pm

funkatron101 wrote:

++++
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#6 » by funkatron101 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:29 pm

He did the same damn thing with KG. He acts like a scorned lover and says things that make the fans cringe.

Just wish him well, and say "We tried to build a contender. Sorry the pieces didn't fit" and call it a day.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
devinbrady
Junior
And1: 145

Post#7 » by devinbrady » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Both of them are spot on. Minni got way more than they deserved for Love, and Love doesn't play defense.
Myam333
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,909

Post#8 » by Myam333 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:27 pm

... wrote:
funkatron101 wrote:

Agreed. Think about what Wiggins, Bennett, Rubio, Pekovic, or anyone else on the team for that matter is thinking, "Taylor is going to badmouth me once I leave." Doesn't really scream professionalism, does it?

Well, any player of significance on the Cavs should be thinking the same.
cmfreeman
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#9 » by cmfreeman » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:55 pm

... wrote:
funkatron101 wrote:

Worked for Dan Gilbert!
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#10 » by mj_shoefanatic » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:25 pm

devinbrady wrote:Both of them are spot on. Minni got way more than they deserved for Love, and Love doesn't play defense.

not a lick lol
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#11 » by LaRance » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:16 pm

T-Wolves owner is catching feelings smh. just move on
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#12 » by slicedbread2 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:22 am

Man I wish a new ownership group could buy the damn team. How on earth did this guy become a billionaire?

I'd get Flip to get some investors to buy the team with Minnesota native Prince as apart of the ownership group.
Then this team can truly take off.
CBFAlex
Rookie
And1: 69

Post#13 » by CBFAlex » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:46 pm

UDWade wrote:
... wrote:
funkatron101 wrote:Yep. Glen Taylor needs to STFU.

Well, any player of significance on the Cavs should be thinking the same.

when it comes down to it, do any player really care if the owner is profenssional? as long as they can cash the checks
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#14 » by JellosJigglin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:52 pm

I think people these days are too sensitive, too emotional. And I'm not talking about Taylor. His comments did not come off as bitter and weren't delivered as haphazardly as Dan Gilbert's, for example. Everything he said was accurate and spot on. It sounded more like a well thought-out, accurate response. People are just looking for a reason to be offended.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
Boomerfan
Banned User
And1: 430

Post#15 » by Boomerfan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:51 pm

" I'm just excited to start my time in Cleveland"

That should read as "I'm excited to start my time with LeBron". Nobody is excited about moving and living in Cleveland.
Myam333
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,909

Post#16 » by Myam333 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:55 pm

wrong thread -__-
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#17 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:04 pm

How many times are we going to have to hear crap about Love not playing D? Honestly how likely is he to be a great defender when he is busy carrying the entire Minn team on offense game in and game out? Ever consider the fact that now on a successful team where he may be the 3rd option, he will have a lot more reason and energy to play some at least solid D? Oh no, why that makes too much sense!

I'm going to laugh when the Cavaliers are a top 10 team in the NBA in D, you watch.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#18 » by Fresh360Waves » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:13 am

Heat3Peat wrote:How many times are we going to have to hear crap about Love not playing D? Honestly how likely is he to be a great defender when he is busy carrying the entire Minn team on offense game in and game out? Ever consider the fact that now on a successful team where he may be the 3rd option, he will have a lot more reason and energy to play some at least solid D? Oh no, why that makes too much sense!

I'm going to laugh when the Cavaliers are a top 10 team in the NBA in D, you watch.

This!
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,292

Post#19 » by Black Jack » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:19 am

... wrote:Agreed. Think about what Wiggins, Bennett, Rubio, Pekovic, or anyone else on the team for that matter is thinking, "Taylor is going to badmouth me once I leave." Doesn't really scream professionalism, does it?

If LeBron will resign with Cleveland after Gilbert's comic in-sans-ity, it doesn't really matter.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,210

Post#20 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:56 am

JellosJigglin wrote:I think people these days are too sensitive, too emotional. And I'm not talking about Taylor. His comments did not come off as bitter and weren't delivered as haphazardly as Dan Gilbert's, for example. Everything he said was accurate and spot on. It sounded more like a well thought-out, accurate response. People are just looking for a reason to be offended.

Screw you, buddy!

Return to Wiretap Discussion