Leandro Barbosa Agrees To One-Year Deal With Warriors

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Leandro Barbosa Agrees To One-Year Deal With Warriors 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:29 pm

Leandro Barbosa has agreed upon a one-year deal with the Golden State Warriors for the veteran minimum.

Barbosa played 20 games last season with the Phoenix Suns.

Barbosa received initial interest from the MIami Heat as well.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

Buffalo_Tim
Freshman
And1: 27

Re: Leandro Barbosa Agrees To One-Year Deal With Warriors 

Post#2 » by Buffalo_Tim » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:40 pm

What a great, low-risk signing. Instant offense off the bench.
devinbrady
Junior
And1: 145

Post#3 » by devinbrady » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Another great defender. GS will be giving up 120 a game.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#4 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Great compliment to Linvingston. I just hope he stays healthy
Chuck Newhouse
Banned User
And1: 980

Post#5 » by Chuck Newhouse » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:21 pm

He played exceptionally well last year when the Suns got him but never regained the spark he had after he was injured. He may rival Gervin as the best ever at the finger roll. He is still a master at finishing in traffic.
CnG
Rookie
And1: 2,554

Post#6 » by CnG » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:31 pm

devinbrady wrote:Another great defender. GS will be giving up 120 a game.

Yeah because Barbosa is going to eat up all of Livingston's, Igoudala's, Draymond's, Bogut's and Klay's minutes. Not like any of those can defend.

Happy for vet min, needed someone next to Sdot.
Read on Twitter
devinbrady
Junior

Post#7 » by devinbrady » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:19 pm

CnG wrote:

Yeah because Barbosa is going to eat up all of Livingston's, Igoudala's, Draymond's, Bogut's and Klay's minutes. Not like any of those can defend.

Between Livingston, Barbosa, Curry, and Bogut you might be a full season. This team is going to keep the trainers busy. Their biggest defensive loss was Mark Jackson.
CnG
Rookie
And1: 2,554

Post#8 » by CnG » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:27 pm

devinbrady wrote:
CnG wrote:

Between Livingston, Barbosa, Curry, and Bogut you might be a full season. This team is going to keep the trainers busy. Their biggest defensive loss was Mark Jackson.

Haha because Livingston barely played last season. Also yeah Curry is sooo injury prone that the only injury that kept him out was an opponent falling on his skull causing concussion. Those glass ankles aye? Ah Bogut. When you play like he does you're bound to get injured, but last year played more than Dwight.

That last comment showed me you're just a boxscore hero who probably only watched the Warriors on the televised games. Try watching all 82 and maybe you'll realise it's not MJax who *made* this team a defensive team, it's the FO who brought in players like Draymond, Andre, Klay and Bogut who are all very good defensive players.

Not getting into it again about the preacher with someone who doesn't even watch the warriors.

Read on Twitter
Boomerfan
Banned User
And1: 430

Post#9 » by Boomerfan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:45 pm

devinbrady wrote:

That quite possibly most be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Congrats. :crazy:

Curry played almost the entire year. Bogut played most of the year until breaking a rib (hardly a long term injury). Yet the most ridiculous statement you made there is that Mark Jackson is a big defensive loss ROFL.

Mark Jackson is no loss anywhere. He was the most useless coach I have seen in my time. If you believe Jackson was responsible for the defensive improvement then you cannot possibly have watched many Warriors games. Jackson had no idea how to draw up a play on offense, yet you magically believe he can draw up defensive schemes? The Warriors defensive improvement came with getting Iguodala, Bogut & Green to the club and they all learnt their defense well before they came to the Warriors.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#10 » by IMAN5 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:50 pm

Boomerfan wrote:
devinbrady wrote:

That quite possibly most be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Congrats. :crazy:

Curry played almost the entire year. Bogut played most of the year until breaking a rib (hardly a long term injury). Yet the most ridiculous statement you made there is that Mark Jackson is a big defensive loss ROFL.

Mark Jackson is no loss anywhere. He was the most useless coach I have seen in my time. If you believe Jackson was responsible for the defensive improvement then you cannot possibly have watched many Warriors games. Jackson had no idea how to draw up a play on offense, yet you magically believe he can draw up defensive schemes? The Warriors defensive improvement came with getting Iguodala, Bogut & Green to the club and they all learnt their defense well before they came to the Warriors.

Agree with everything you said. Also Livingston played the whole season with the Nets and looked 100% healthy.

Mark Jackson was not the key to the warriors, it was their Assistant that left. I believe it was Malone? Correct me if I'm wrongo n that one.
instagram.com/510movement
Boomerfan
Banned User

Post#11 » by Boomerfan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:55 pm

IMAN5 wrote:
Boomerfan wrote:
devinbrady wrote:

Agree with everything you said. Also Livingston played the whole season with the Nets and looked 100% healthy.

Mark Jackson was not the key to the warriors, it was their Assistant that left. I believe it was Malone? Correct me if I'm wrongo n that one.

Yes Malone was a big reason. It's a pity because we had some decent assistants, but anyone that posed a threat or wasn't a yes man to Mark Jackson was driven out... and that included external people and media as well. Jackson ran the club like a cult and even had the players believing he was the messiah at one point... well at least half of the players did... the ones that used to go to his church service.

That's why I was happy not to gut the team to get Love. I think we have a pretty damn good team, that was playing well in spite of Jackson not because of him. Hopefully Kerr can install some actual discipline on offense.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#12 » by RoyalMajesty » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Now, the Warriors need to go get Elton Brand.
devinbrady
Junior

Post#13 » by devinbrady » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:47 pm

Boomerfan wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:
Boomerfan wrote:

He had them playing with a toughness that went beyond what they players

Yes Malone was a big reason. It's a pity because we had some decent assistants, but anyone that posed a threat or wasn't a yes man to Mark Jackson was driven out... and that included external people and media as well. Jackson ran the club like a cult and even had the players believing he was the messiah at one point... well at least half of the players did... the ones that used to go to his church service.

That's why I was happy not to gut the team to get Love. I think we have a pretty damn good team, that was playing well in spite of Jackson not because of him. Hopefully Kerr can install some actual discipline on offense.

You don't think Bogut who has played less than 70 games in each of his last 6 season, Curry who's ankles are glass, Livingston and Barbosa need no explanation are huge health concerns?
Mark Jackson had them playing tough with a take no prisoner attitude. Good defense has less to do with XO and more to do with toughness and desire. As a Clipper fan I am glad to see Jackson gone.
anbob
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#14 » by anbob » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:01 pm

devinbrady wrote:
Boomerfan wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:

You don't think Bogut who has played less than 70 games in each of his last 6 season, Curry who's ankles are glass, Livingston and Barbosa need no explanation are huge health concerns?
Mark Jackson had them playing tough with a take no prisoner attitude. Good defense has less to do with XO and more to do with toughness and desire. As a Clipper fan I am glad to see Jackson gone.

Missing all of 8 games the last 2 years, curry's probably been one of the healthiest point guards. He's also played less than 74 games just once.
Darren_Errman
Senior
And1: 265

Post#15 » by Darren_Errman » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:09 pm

devinbrady wrote:
CnG wrote:

Dude, stop. You're spewing nonsense.

Mark Jackson's defense ranked #30 (dead last) in the NBA before Bogut, Draymond, Iggy played for GS. To play good defense you need good defenders, period. Mark Jackson gets way too much credit for turning GS's defense around. He didn't install anything. The only thing that changed was management brought in a bunch of guys who defended.

GS had the #1 ranked defense in the West last season and #3 in the league. How are they giving up 120ppg? They're returning all their players plus they actually gained 2 defenders in Livingston and Ezeli.

Curry has been healthy 2 seasons now.

Mark Jackson? Loss? :lol: Guy ran a horrible, boring, unimaginative, unsophisticated, ineffective, street-ball offense; led the league in ISOs and postups per game; cut half the team practices short; didn't game plan; didn't prepare the players even during a playoff series; called himself a "part time NBA coach". The only thing GS lost when they fired him was a lazy employee.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#16 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:20 am

Bench weight...unlikely to see many minutes.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,210

Post#17 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:41 am

It's amazing the negative feedback a post like this receives. GS signed Barbosa for the vet. minimum. (They legally could not pay him less!) And he is fast enough that the offense will actually speed up when he enters the game! It could be scarey good and their risking nothing to give it a shot....

(followed by trash-talk mumbojumbo about how he's old, broken and using up a valuable roster spot)
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#18 » by Orlwillbeback » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:24 am

good signing, he still has some left in the tank.
Boomerfan
Banned User

Post#19 » by Boomerfan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:47 am

devinbrady wrote:
Boomerfan wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:

70 games is 85% of a regular season. I could give you a list as long as your jealous streak of players that only play 70 games a year. Bogut was expected in some circles to be lucky to get through 30 games and he was healthy most of the year.

Curry has barely been injured in 2 seasons. Again you have not watched a thing obviously.

And you are absolutely joking if you think Mark Jackson had them playing with a "take no prisoner attitude". hahaha you ever listen to any of his timeouts? The guy was nothing but a preacher. He never raised his voice and the last thing he did was instill any sort of "take no prisoners attitude". Jackson's attitude was to tell Curry and Klay "I don't care how many times you miss keep shooting". Yeah great attitude when we would start games down 15 by the end of the first quarter.

Stop the bravado about being glad Jackson is gone. As a butt hurt Clippers fan you are pissed that Jackson was sacked and now we may have a real coach that may get the best out of the team finally. These signings piss you off as well by the looks.
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#20 » by TrueStoryGSW » Mon Sep 1, 2014 3:26 pm

We were top 5 defense last year, Barbosa isn't getting more than 10-15mpg, he's basically this years Jordan Crawford.

Time for you to realize that Klay Thompson and Andre Iguodala are absolute elite wing defenders and Bogut is anchor down low = top 5 defense + Ezeli is coming back.

I'll pay pal you 100$ if we won't be top 10 defense next year, but if we will you'll give me just 50$ , deal?
Time for these ignorant fools to realize that this isn't nelly's warriors anymore.

Edit- oh shhhhhyt forgot about Draymond Green.... he's an elte defender too, please watch some gsw games next year and tell me how that crow tastes.

Return to Wiretap Discussion