Lucas Nogueira Works Out With Hakeem Olajuwon

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Lucas Nogueira Works Out With Hakeem Olajuwon 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:18 pm

Lucas Nogueira recently worked out with Hakeem Olajuwon, joining a long line of NBA big men to utlize the Hall of Fame center for workout sessions.

"Grande oportunidade de aprender com Hakeem essa semana

Via RealGM Staff Report

Chuck Newhouse
Banned User
And1: 980

Re: Lucas Nogueira Works Out With Hakeem Olajuwon 

Post#2 » by Chuck Newhouse » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:58 pm

I hear about players working out with Dream all the time but I never usually notice much improvement in their games. I could be wrong but nothing really jumps out at me.
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#3 » by slicedbread2 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:38 pm

Chuck Newhouse wrote:I hear about players working out with Dream all the time but I never usually notice much improvement in their games. I could be wrong but nothing really jumps out at me.

I think his moves are more meant for guards or forwards. Lebron is a prime example of that. Once he learned to post up, he was unstoppable from that point onward. Durant should have went to him since he settles for too many jump shots. If he learns to post up properly, nobody can stop him.

For big men, I somewhat noticed it having a good effect on Howard though he also had McHale to work with in developing better post moves since Howard didn't develop a damn post up move since he came into the league until last year.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#4 » by cedric76 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:17 pm

slicedbread2 wrote:
Chuck Newhouse wrote:I hear about players working out with Dream all the time but I never usually notice much improvement in their games. I could be wrong but nothing really jumps out at me.

I think his moves are more meant for guards or forwards. Lebron is a prime example of that. Once he learned to post up, he was unstoppable from that point onward. Durant should have went to him since he settles for too many jump shots. If he learns to post up properly, nobody can stop him.

For big men, I somewhat noticed it having a good effect on Howard though he also had McHale to work with in developing better post moves since Howard didn't develop a damn post up move since he came into the league until last year.

D12 is limited mentally
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#5 » by junot111 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:38 pm

Raps in 2
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#6 » by TrueStoryGSW » Mon Sep 1, 2014 7:13 am

This x10000

Hakeem should stop embarrassing himself even tho he's top 5 fav player of all time to me.

I guess he likes miney tho, can't blame him.
MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 254
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso

Post#7 » by MCtripDub » Mon Sep 1, 2014 9:03 am

TrueStoryGSW wrote:

This x10000

Hakeem should stop embarrassing himself even tho he's top 5 fav player of all time to me.

I guess he likes miney tho, can't blame him.

Totally agree. It still puzzles me how big men choose to workout with Dream over Kareem Abdul Jabar. I understand Dream's footwork was amazing, but they way he played showed how naturally gifted that man was especially with his size. Kareem's game is so basic and textbook, looked to have been achieved through years of practice. Besides, comparing the two and the success of their careers, I don't think it's even close. If I were a 7 footer I dont think it would even be a question who I'd go to. As a sixer fan, I'd honestly rather see Joel Embiid train with Kareem than Dream. That sky hook was unstoppable then, what more now during a time without many true big men.
Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#8 » by LaRance » Mon Sep 1, 2014 2:42 pm

sometimes it's not about who's the better planer it's about who's the better teacher. I think dream is probably a better teacher then Kareem. a lot of you guys say dream is this and is that but he must be doing something right if everyone is going to him. I've definitely seen improvement in Lebron and D12 post game since working out with him

Return to Wiretap Discussion