Thunder Seeing Improved Offense In Steven Adams

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Thunder Seeing Improved Offense In Steven Adams 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:23 am

Steven Adams returned to the Oklahoma City Thunder this season as a much improved offensive player.

Adams' production on offense was inconsistent and limited last season.

“I think he’s just settling down,” Kevin Durant said. “Getting more comfortable.”

“I thought he made a leap last year in the playoffs,” Russell Westbrook said. “I think that’s when the leap started. If you kind of watch the games and see the different things he was doing in the playoffs, you could tell it was going to lead into the summertime and now into the preseason and now to the regular season.”

Via Anthony Slater/The Oklahoman

TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Re: Thunder Seeing Improved Offense In Steven Adams 

Post#2 » by TrueStoryGSW » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:00 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if he explodes and averages 10-12ppg, 8-10rpg and 1-2bpg.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#3 » by Rated T By CBRA » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Nick Collison protege?
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#4 » by LaRance » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:38 pm

If OKC starts Adams over Perkins. I'm confident he can average a small double double per game. like 12/10 - 14/10 per game. this dude has potential
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#5 » by Donnyxc » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:40 pm

This dude is 21 years old. 260 and 7 feet. Could develop into a long-term force.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Cicero
Junior
And1: 156

Post#6 » by Cicero » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:52 pm

I think he's got potential too, but it's pretty hilarious HOW high some OKC fans are on him. I mean, I know that's a constant with all fanbases, all fanbases are guilty of it, but I thought this was a pretty f'ing hilarious post that was actually made on RealGM. :lol:
I see him having Tyson chandlers (in his prime) defence, Marc Gasols offence, Shaqs intimidation factor and as far as athleticism, i see him being one of the best ever.

:lol: :o :crazy: :lol: Dude might as well have just also added in Hakeem's Something as well.

It's like people have never encountered the preseason before, or never learned how little you're supposed to really take from it in a substantial sense.

Return to Wiretap Discussion