GMs Predict Spurs' Title, LeBron For MVP, Jabari For ROY

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Re: GMs Predict Spurs' Title, LeBron For MVP, Jabari For ROY 

Post#21 » by DJ3thenew23 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Fellow72 wrote:
godfather25 wrote:The Spurs, as great as they've been, have need repeated.

This team is older, sorry, I don't even see them getting out of the West.

People have been saying that about the spurs since 2007. Who cares if they are older, they know how to get it done.

But they have never done it back to back. I think it's even more unlikely they do it now with the age factor and the stacked West.

MVP - LeBron
ROY - Nerlens Noel
Champion - Thunder
Sleeper - Mavs
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
devinbrady
Junior
And1: 145

Post#22 » by devinbrady » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:09 pm

BallerTalk wrote:
devinbrady wrote:Curry--LOL You have to play Defense to win MVP.

Steve Nash chuckles at you.

Great point.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#23 » by puja21 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:06 pm

hyberx wrote:
devinbrady wrote:
GaaBaaBoo wrote:LOL

Curry--LOL You have to play Defense to win MVP.

Steve Nash was a Kobe stopper. 2 MVPs said so. Only if he didn't lose the 3rd MVP to a better defender in Dirk Nowitzki the year after.

hilarious
bullsaficianado
Rookie
And1: 333

Post#24 » by bullsaficianado » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:00 pm

Spurs have enough to repeat but it will be the health of Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and if Leonard can get any better which would help their chances. I think them missing out on Pau Gasol hurt their repeat chances, Pau would have pretty much sealed it. For the West for the Finals it will be either Spurs, Thunder or Clippers, Mavs there. For the East Cavaliers or Bulls pretty much. I agree LeBron for MVP, he is just coasting in the preseason for now.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#25 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:24 pm

These GM's are gonna be wrong on the Spurs, another year older doesn't bode well for them. And if injuries hit they can forget it.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#26 » by MJallday59 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:26 am

RaptorRed wrote:
MJallday59 wrote:ROY: Elfrid Payton - He's going to be the starting PG playing 30 MPG. If Orlando wins 30 games...he'll win ROY

MVP: I'm going with Carmelo Anthony. I think the knicks find a way to win 50 games this year...

NBA Finals: LA Clippers vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Champions: LA Clippers

You do realize ROY is not given to the player with the highest MPG or possesion rate ?
And he is not the only rookie that will play 30MPG ... Wiggins , Parker , Exum , Randle and many other top picks will be starters playing major minutes on similar rebuilding teams. Payton also has to share the backourt with Oladipo. He is also not as good as many othere prospects... so there's that. But hey , if he plays 48 min he should lock the award down no contest !

Yes, I'm aware of that. I think Payton averages 13/6/2 on a team that fights for the 8th seed. I think Wiggins will have the best stats as a rookie, but I think Payton could steal the award...hey it's just my opinion.
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#27 » by MJallday59 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:36 am

DJ3thenew23 wrote:
Fellow72 wrote:

People have been saying that about the spurs since 2007. Who cares if they are older, they know how to get it done.

But they have never done it back to back. I think it's even more unlikely they do it now with the age factor and the stacked West.

MVP - LeBron
ROY - Nerlens Noel
Champion - Thunder
Sleeper - Mavs

Macs look good! That backcourt is a little weak IMO. If they can find a defensive SG over 6'4 (lol) I think they can make some noise.
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#28 » by your boy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:49 am

DJ3thenew23 wrote:
Fellow72 wrote:

MVP - LeBron
ROY - Nerlens Noel
Champion - Thunder
Sleeper - Mavs

shut up about the age factor. They've been old for awhile and the west was also stacked last year... and the year before that when they made the finals
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#29 » by TrueStoryGSW » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:43 am

devinbrady wrote:
GaaBaaBoo wrote:
bqmuzik wrote:
lol

LOL

I know you're about 15 years old, but data says that he was actually above average defender last year.
devinbrady
Junior
And1: 145

Post#30 » by devinbrady » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:23 pm

TrueStoryGSW wrote:
devinbrady wrote:
GaaBaaBoo wrote:LOL

I know you're about 15 years old, but data says that he was actually above average defender last year.

Would love to hear what data says Nash was an above average defender. That would help my argument that you need to play some sort of D to win the MVP, but Nash seemed as allergic to defense as Cury, Melo and other great 1 way players.
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#31 » by DJ3thenew23 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:04 pm

your boy wrote:shut up about the age factor. They've been old for awhile and the west was also stacked last year... and the year before that when they made the finals

And they were almost beat by the #8 Mavs, and they got lucky with Ibaka being out (OKC might not have won the series, but it would have been 7 games). Not only that, while they have been old a while, at some point it will start to affect them.

MJallday59 wrote:Macs look good! That backcourt is a little weak IMO. If they can find a defensive SG over 6'4 (lol) I think they can make some noise.

I agree, their back court isn't the best, but if Chandler can still play good defense they will have some mistakes covered.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
godfather25
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#32 » by godfather25 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:11 am

RaptorRed wrote:

I bet you said the same thing last year , and the year before that.

Hey, it's just an opinion. I got nothing but respect for that organization, and I expect them to be pretty good.

But these are facts, they've never repeated before, and nothing lasts forever.

I just find it kinda lazy that GM's always seem to pick the reigning champion.

Do people forget how close they were getting knocked out of the first round, by an 8th seed?

The Mavs were on the verge of winning that series.

Return to Wiretap Discussion