Kobe: You Can't Get To Supreme Level Without Channeling Dark Side

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Re: Kobe: You Can't Get To Supreme Level Without Channeling 

Post#21 » by ChosunX » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:24 am

Donnyxc wrote:
Mamba Venom wrote:*Thinks his friend Derek Jeter was just as much a villain but knew how to hide that side of himself/chose to hide that side of himself. Kobe chose not to hide that side of himself.

I wonder if this is similar to the Tim Duncan mentality. Tim completely hides it, but I wonder if Timmy sees himself as the villian.

Why would he see himself as a villian?
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,942

Post#22 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:51 am

RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,634

Post#23 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:52 am

"Music to my ears, Kobe. I love the dark side."

Free Palestine
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#24 » by Mamba Venom » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:42 am

Donnyxc wrote:
Mamba Venom wrote:*Thinks his friend Derek Jeter was just as much a villain but knew how to hide that side of himself/chose to hide that side of himself. Kobe chose not to hide that side of himself.

I wonder if this is similar to the Tim Duncan mentality. Tim completely hides it, but I wonder if Timmy sees himself as the villian.

Timmy's personality has really come out in the last few seasons. I was at The Forum when Timmy quietly (seriously it was hard to notice) dropped 40 on the Lakers. It was so crazy. Just kept cleaning it up. No flair. And then I realized that is Timmy's signature. Timmy never yells or gets emotional. He is like a basketball robot. His personality switched from robot to a guy that will yell on the court. I too wonder what Timmy thinks of himself when he is on the court. Especially in the early years. What was going thru the head of the basketball robot.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,442

Post#25 » by Eyeamok » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:18 pm

So on the last legs off his career he now chooses to mentor players.
He has always been part of one of the better organizations in basketball that had a wealth of veterans
and could spend money to get the best players to surround him.
I do agree that you have to have a totally different mindset if you want to reach the highest levels of
any profession. But you need to learn to navigate between being a villain on the court and being an ass
off the court.
I don't care too much for Kobe the person (what I know of him) but I do respect the player....just the same way I feel about Jordan.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
C-Town Clown
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#26 » by C-Town Clown » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:59 pm

ILLUMINATI!!

Think about the offense he thrived in... The TRIANGLE offense! IT ALL MAKES SENSE!
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#27 » by Furinkazan » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:19 pm

what a childish rtard
SplashyMcSplash
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#28 » by SplashyMcSplash » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:36 pm

2thehoopand1 wrote:
Shem wrote:Is that why he raped that girl in Colorado?

Bring this up was in poor taste but I guess him committing the crime was in poor taste as well.

Cheating on your wife isn't a crime. Since when does someone accusing you of something make you guilty of it? If I accused you of rape that would mean you did it? He wasn't convicted and it was pretty obvious that girl just wanted money.
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Kobe: You Can't Get To Supreme Level Without Channeling Dark 

Post#29 » by 2thehoopand1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:39 pm

SplashyMcSplash wrote:
2thehoopand1 wrote:
Shem wrote:Is that why he raped that girl in Colorado?

Bring this up was in poor taste but I guess him committing the crime was in poor taste as well.

Cheating on your wife isn't a crime. Since when does someone accusing you of something make you guilty of it? If I accused you of rape that would mean you did it? He wasn't convicted and it was pretty obvious that girl just wanted money.

He settled out of court. In public opinion when you do that your guilty. She was offered an ungodly amount to keep her mouth shut. That's why it doesn't come up during games or tv in general.Just the way things work for celebrities and athletes
Eaglenugget wrote:We got Bosh!!!' Not Discounted!! Lmfao
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#30 » by Cassius » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:57 pm

2thehoopand1 wrote:
SplashyMcSplash wrote:
2thehoopand1 wrote:Bring this up was in poor taste but I guess him committing the crime was in poor taste as well.

He settled out of court. In public opinion when you do that your guilty. She was offered an ungodly amount to keep her mouth shut. That's why it doesn't come up during games or tv in general.Just the way things work for celebrities and athletes

Or girls with with semen from three dudes on the same pair of panties... whatever
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Kobe: You Can't Get To Supreme Level Without Channeling Dark 

Post#31 » by 2thehoopand1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:01 pm

Cassius wrote:
2thehoopand1 wrote:
SplashyMcSplash wrote:

Or girls with with semen from three dudes on the same pair of panties... whatever

So now your judging her? it's okay if you want to be personally invested in the case that happened years ago just because this guy is your favorite player or idol. But to be honesty this case got like a quarter of the attention that the OJ Simpson trial. People have opinions some say Kobe did it and others don't. This isn't the place to shed tears over it.
Eaglenugget wrote:We got Bosh!!!' Not Discounted!! Lmfao
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#32 » by ChosunX » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:09 am

C-Town Clown wrote:ILLUMINATI!!

Think about the offense he thrived in... The TRIANGLE offense! IT ALL MAKES SENSE!

So ball hogging is an offshot of the illumati?
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#33 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:38 pm

i knew he was sith lord all along :lol:
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#34 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:39 pm

ChosunX wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:

Why would he see himself as a villian?

yea hes defiantly on good side i think
HoraryAstrology
Junior
And1: 150

Post#35 » by HoraryAstrology » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:35 pm

LMFAO Illuminati wannabe :lol:

I bet he thinks he can conjure up these powers too [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EywrnmHS73o[/youtube]

Sorry Kobe, you cannot join us.
Stars Don't Lie. "Anyone can be a millionaire, but to become a billionaire you need an astrologer."
HoraryAstrology
Junior
And1: 150

Post#36 » by HoraryAstrology » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:38 pm

C-Town Clown wrote:ILLUMINATI!!

We've denied his request to join us at the 2015 Bohemian Grove festivities.
Stars Don't Lie. "Anyone can be a millionaire, but to become a billionaire you need an astrologer."

Return to Wiretap Discussion