Kevin Durant Sprains Ankle, X-Rays Negative

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kevin Durant Sprains Ankle, X-Rays Negative 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:25 pm

Kevin Durant scored 30 points in the first half before suffering a mild right ankle sprain in the closing seconds.

Durant stepped on Marreese Speights' foot and rolled his ankle while driving to the basket. Durant was called for a charge.

"I was a little nervous," said Durant. "But I knew when I got up and started walking it felt good. So I just wanted to make sure with the X-rays everything was good."

Durant had X-rays as a precaution, and results were negative. Durant hopes to not miss any games.

"I don't know. I'm going to just take it a day at a time. Tomorrow morning we'll see how it reacts and go from there," he said. "I hope [to play]. That's the plan. But we'll see."

Durant said he felt like he could have returned to the game in the second half but was advised to sit. 

"They had to convince me not to play," he said. "It was the foot I had surgery. I wanted to play, I wanted to go back out there, but they just wanted to be cautious.

"It shouldn't be [serious]. Just a sprained ankle. But when you sprain an ankle with the injury I had, it puts more pressure on that side of the foot."

Via Royce Young/ESPN

krystophh
Freshman
And1: 4

Re: Kevin Durant Sprains Ankle, X-Rays Negative 

Post#2 » by krystophh » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:00 pm

#LowTops...

Return to Wiretap Discussion