Bucks Seek Buyout Of Larry Sanders

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Bucks Seek Buyout Of Larry Sanders 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:44 pm

The Milwaukee Bucks are seeking a buyout agreement with Larry Sanders.

Sanders has served a 10-game suspension for violating the league's anti-drug program but has not returned to the team and is not expected to play for Milwaukee again. He has been listed as out for "personal reasons" in each of the Bucks' past three games.

Sanders has stated he would like to continue his playing career.

Sanders signed a four-year, $44 million extension in 2013.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,031

Re: Bucks Seek Buyout Of Larry Sanders 

Post#2 » by artsncrafts » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:50 pm

Bring him home Masai (for league minimum)
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
johnnystamos
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#3 » by johnnystamos » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:21 pm

Bring him home Masai

Since when is Toronto Larry Sanders' home?
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,960

Post#4 » by Cassius » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:29 pm

Canada has been trying to decriminalize weed forever.

He'd be a perfect fit next to Valanciunas, but James Johnson would have to knock down every corner three to make it work. Either that he's the backup 5 next to Patterson, which would also be great.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#5 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:13 pm

GS could use him as Bogut insurance for sure
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#6 » by dautjazz » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:19 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:GS could use him as Bogut insurance for sure

Why the hell would you want an overpaid, injury prone, drug policy violating, idiot that doesn't want to play basketball anymore?
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
thegreenlife
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Post#7 » by thegreenlife » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:22 pm

Cassius wrote:Canada has been trying to decriminalize weed forever.

He'd be a perfect fit next to Valanciunas, but James Johnson would have to knock down every corner three to make it work. Either that he's the backup 5 next to Patterson, which would also be great.

Doesn't matter if weed is decriminalized in Canada or the US because its a league rule. Either you play by the league rules or you don't play at all. And you guys already have nice bigs in Valanciunas, Amir Johnson, Patterson... Why try to crowd the paint even more by bringing in a 5 with a limited offensive game?
DrClutch
Junior
And1: 23

Post#8 » by DrClutch » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:36 pm

other controversial drugs is okay to use in the NBA but not weed... whats wrong with that? Tired of these groups attacking weed when players use all kinds of **** to get back from injury or get the aggressive flow. Lets me tell you one thing no way you can hit the weight get pumped than hit the gym & play at a high level without fatigue without the use of something. don't believe me? Got bench press 250+ lbs than try shoot a basket, wont feel the same right?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But yeah thats another issue.. Bucks shouldve have given this problem guy a contract when he cant score the basket & just block a couple shots.. who did they think he was Ben Wallace?(Oh i laughed back in 05 when he was shooting freethows with a medicineball, now we know why he was a crappy shooter)
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#9 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:15 pm

dautjazz wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:GS could use him as Bogut insurance for sure

Why the hell would you want an overpaid, injury prone, drug policy violating, idiot that doesn't want to play basketball anymore?

He wouldn't be overpaid after a buy out.

And to protect the rim.
TONYROMOHOF
Pro Prospect
And1: 842

Post#10 » by TONYROMOHOF » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:15 pm

Hes gonna be a beast in the phillipines or wherever he ends up before he returns to the usa and goes to jail for a bit

I love the guy, but this is a sad sad story

Pure isaiah rider ****
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#11 » by jwise44 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:27 pm

isnt the penalty for drugs in the Philippines life in jail? Or am I crazy? I remember from my time in Thailand they were insanely strict and I thought they were as bad if not worse

So larry ain't going there if he has a drug problem....or he may because it won't be as easy to get??
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#12 » by ADDinChicago » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:28 pm

DrClutch wrote:other controversial drugs is okay to use in the NBA but not weed... whats wrong with that? Tired of these groups attacking weed when players use all kinds of **** to get back from injury or get the aggressive flow. Lets me tell you one thing no way you can hit the weight get pumped than hit the gym & play at a high level without fatigue without the use of something. don't believe me? Got bench press 250+ lbs than try shoot a basket, wont feel the same right?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But yeah thats another issue.. Bucks shouldve have given this problem guy a contract when he cant score the basket & just block a couple shots.. who did they think he was Ben Wallace?(Oh i laughed back in 05 when he was shooting freethows with a medicineball, now we know why he was a crappy shooter)

I'm ot debating weed and it's merits (I see no issue with it if done in moderation like alcohol and not in the work place). Plain and simple the FEDERAL government still says weed is illegal and the NBA (just like most private companies) use that guideline. If and when it is legalized for the entire country and Canada, then the NBA might re-examine the possible use by players.

As for Sanders, his issues stem far beyond marijuana use. The guy is a headcase. He's got a history of assault and apparently has been extremely difficult to work with during his time with the Bucks. He needs to grow up. It's a shame because he is clearly very talented as a player. However, just like with Royce White, not everyone can handle being in the NBA for whatever reason or demons they have. Sadly, he'll probably have to go be a "star" in China or Europe if he can't comply with the NBA and it's demands. There are only 450 jobs max. I'm sure someone else will gladly take his spot.
Mobby
Analyst
And1: 424

Post#13 » by Mobby » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:16 pm

Awful decision to lock him up for so long on such a big contract after one good year of blocks and decent boards.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#14 » by LApwnd » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:19 pm

don't think Sanders will agree to a small portion at all with a buyout, he knows there's no way in hell he would get paid like this again for a while. He's gona want most of his money, just like Marbury.
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#15 » by CHAMPi0N » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:39 am

Under the right coach...
Damon_3388
Sixth Man
And1: 1,056

Post#16 » by Damon_3388 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:41 am

It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
Damon_3388
Sixth Man
And1: 1,056

Post#17 » by Damon_3388 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:45 am

DrClutch wrote:oLets me tell you one thing no way you can hit the weight get pumped than hit the gym & play at a high level without fatigue without the use of something. don't believe me? Got bench press 250+ lbs than try shoot a basket, wont feel the same right?

You do realise that most athletes (in any sport) don't lift heavy or lift to gain muscle during the season, right? That sort of lifting is done in the off-season. The weights they lift during the season are usually light or of lower volume, for maintenance of what they built during the off-season, and to ensure that they're not overly fatigued for practice and games.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
TONYROMOHOF
Pro Prospect
And1: 842

Post#18 » by TONYROMOHOF » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:52 am

Mobby wrote:Awful decision to lock him up for so long on such a big contract after one good year of blocks and decent boards.

To be fair someone would have paid him, that contract seemed like kind of a deal even to some

He just has absolutely destroyed himself and needs help

Sad thing is he wont get it, and everyone will laugh about it, but the truth is hes got serious issues that will only get worse

Back on topic tho it seemed like a decent move at the time. I still remember how much zach lowe adored him
Rashidi
Rookie
And1: 144

Post#19 » by Rashidi » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:26 am

Funny thing is he leads the league in DRPM and people are acting like he can't play. He's overpaid but just look at the impact Mozgov has had in Cleveland, people were saying Denver overpaid him (5M per) at the time. Teams would kill for Sanders at that amount.
Porzingis
Banned User
And1: 53

Post#20 » by Porzingis » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:56 am

He needs to take a year off and come back like whiteside

Return to Wiretap Discussion