Clippers, Jazz, Celtics Expressing Interest In Eric Griffin

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Clippers, Jazz, Celtics Expressing Interest In Eric Griffin 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:46 pm

The Utah Jazz, Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics are showing interest in the possible call up of Eric Griffin of Texas in the NBA D-League, league sources told RealGM.

Griffin — one of the D-League’s best wing prospects — has averaged 17.9 points, 6.6 rebounds and 2.4 blocks per night in 39 games for the Texas Legends. He joined Dallas’ affiliate after signing an offseason deal to training camp with the Mavericks, and started in February’s D-League All-Star game in New York.

The 6-foot-8 forward played for the Miami Heat in the 2013 preseason, showcasing an elite jumping ability with a dunk over the 6-foot-10 Mason Plumlee in an exhibition game.

Out of Campbell in the 2012 NBA Draft, Griffin has also played professionally in Italy, Venezuela and Puerto Rico.

Via Shams Charania/RealGM

dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,558

Re: Clippers, Jazz, Celtics Expressing Interest In Eric Griffin 

Post#2 » by dautjazz » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:46 pm

Wow I just saw a video of him dunking on Larkin and jumping over Plumlee. This kid has insane hops! I wonder if he could be any good. With Hayward, Hood, and Burks at our swingmen positions, we don't need a ton of minutes from the kid, but it wouldn't hurt. We also have Millsap and Ingles who are not bad either, but hey, I welcome the depth, and if anything we can get him for cheap and continue developing him.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#3 » by mj_shoefanatic » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:57 pm

Hope we get him. We need all the help at wing we can get especially with Hamilton on the mend now.
SLCceltic
Veteran
And1: 1,597

Post#4 » by SLCceltic » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:55 am

He's worth a look> depth for playoff run
ROYALGREEN

Return to Wiretap Discussion