Shabazz Napier Out For Season Following Sports Hernia Surgery

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Apr 1, 2015 9:49 pm

Shabazz Napier underwent successful surgery to repair a sports hernia. The procedure was performed by Dr. David Edelman at Doctors Hospital in Miami this morning. He will miss the remainder of the regular season.

Napier has appeared in 51 games (10 starts) this season for the Miami Heat averaging 5.1 points, 2.5 assists, 2.2 rebounds and 19.8 minutes.

Via RealGM Staff Report

LBJKBD12
Banned User
And1: 111

Re: Shabazz Napier Out For Season Following Sports Hernia Surgery 

Post#2 » by LBJKBD12 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 10:36 pm

So overrated, hope he gets healthy and proves me wrong but he does not seem a good NBA player atall.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#3 » by Donnyxc » Thu Apr 2, 2015 1:03 pm

LBJKBD12 wrote:So overrated, hope he gets healthy and proves me wrong but he does not seem a good NBA player atall.

How is he overrated? It's not like NBA GMs were climbing over each other to draft him. He was the 24th overall pick after all.

I don't think anyone had the expectation that he would be a star NBA player at all.

He's still a Rookie and will certainly be a serviceable good NBA player. I see him as a Rodney Stuckey Type moving forward, solid 6th man with high scoring potential. He could also turn into a star, but I don't think anyone has that expectation.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Freshtolife
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#4 » by Freshtolife » Thu Apr 2, 2015 1:07 pm

LBJKBD12 wrote:So overrated, hope he gets healthy and proves me wrong but he does not seem a good NBA player atall.

You made it seem like people thought he was the second coming or something. He will be an average player in the league. Maybe a little more but I doubt it.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#5 » by Rated T By CBRA » Thu Apr 2, 2015 2:12 pm

He is a rookie, playing on a team that just went thru a huge change...that has had 2 of its main players injured for the entire season basically, changing their system/type of play on a game-to-game basis almost. Cut him some slack...He won't be a superstar, but he will be able to contribute as a good PG (maybe even starting if he really develops his playmaking abilities over the next year or two).
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Post#6 » by 2thehoopand1 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 6:15 am

You tired and failed

Return to Wiretap Discussion