Sefolosha: Injury Was Caused By The Police

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Sefolosha: Injury Was Caused By The Police 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:42 pm

Thabo Sefolosha has released the following statement following last week's incident with New York City Police that left him with a fractured right fibula and ligament damage. Sefolosha will miss the remainder of the season.

"I would like to begin by expressing my gratitude to my family and friends, the Hawks organization and my teammates. This has been a difficult time for me and I truly appreciate the support I have received from everyone. I am extremely disappointed that I will not be able to join my teammates on the court during the playoffs and apologize to them for any distraction this incident has caused. I will be cheering for them every step of the way and will be diligent in my rehabilitation.

"On advice of counsel, I hope you can appreciate that I cannot discuss the facts of the case. Those questions will be answered by my attorney in a court of law. "I will simply say that I am in great pain, have experienced a significant injury and that the injury was caused by the police."

Via RealGM Staff Report

The Watcher
Senior
And1: 171

Re: Sefolosha: Injury Was Caused By The Police 

Post#2 » by The Watcher » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:33 pm

Lawsuit incoming...
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#3 » by TimRobbins » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:58 pm

The Watcher wrote:Lawsuit incoming...

Watch the video. It was completely unwarranted. NYPD is going to pay the Hawks a lot of money.
stepbackjftw
Pro Prospect
And1: 590

Post#4 » by stepbackjftw » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:34 pm

dinderdan
Junior
And1: 29

Post#5 » by dinderdan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:01 pm

f tha police
Mondo Sports
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Mondo Sports » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:33 pm

Thabo....be grateful they didn't choke you to death. That's how they do out here. By the way....there won't even be an investigation or indictment if you press charges. Your life doesn't matter to the NYPD. You and Cope should be thanking your lucky stars NYPD didn't just open fire and riddle you both with bullets before asking what was going on.
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#7 » by celtxman » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:08 pm

Yeah - way to go Thabo - it's all the police's fault - maybe between the lawsuit and your contract you can make even more money. Maybe you can sue the NBA for not providing you a bodyquard while you're at it. It's the United States where there is no such thing as bad judgement. It's all about rights not responsibilities. You were just minding your own business, in a responsible place to be - that's gotta be worth at least $20 million.
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,185

Post#8 » by cedric76 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:56 am

Let the police do their job, you don't know what happened before that clip

Return to Wiretap Discussion