Kawhi Leonard Doesn't Expect To Pursue Offer Sheet Beyond Spurs

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kawhi Leonard Doesn't Expect To Pursue Offer Sheet Beyond Spurs 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:52 pm

The San Antonio Spurs will be eligible to sign Kawhi Leonard to a maximum contract on July 1 in free agency.

For now, there's no scenario where Leonard plans to pursue offer sheets on the market, according to sources.

Leonard scored 32 points in the Spurs' Game 3 win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

thegreenlife
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Re: Kawhi Leonard Doesn't Expect To Pursue Offer Sheet Beyond Spurs 

Post#2 » by thegreenlife » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:19 pm

Leonard isn't leaving SA, M.Gasol isn't leaving Memphis, and I don't see Butler leaving Chi town.
And chances are, GS will find a way to retain Draymond Green

The only free agents that I think may leave their respective teams are:
Aldridge
D.Jordan
Monroe

Rondo is probably either going to go to the Lakers or the Knicks
imDatknicksTape
Pro Prospect
And1: 361

Post#3 » by imDatknicksTape » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:08 pm

thegreenlife wrote:Leonard isn't leaving SA, M.Gasol isn't leaving Memphis, and I don't see Butler leaving Chi town.

Aldridge
D.Jordan
Monroe

hell no, i dont want a guy like rondo. We need monroe and a butler type player.
xJumpManx
Junior
And1: 23

Post#4 » by xJumpManx » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:29 pm

imDatknicksTape wrote:
thegreenlife wrote:Leonard isn't leaving SA, M.Gasol isn't leaving Memphis, and I don't see Butler leaving Chi town.

Aldridge
D.Jordan
Monroe

Of course you do but No one who is good wants to play with Kobe Bryant.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#5 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:18 am

I don't think any teams would've screwed up their cap for him knowing SA is going to match. While many teams could use him, they'd just be wasting time that could be used for more reachable targets.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,907

Post#6 » by Woodsanity » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:59 am

xJumpManx wrote:
imDatknicksTape wrote:

Aldridge
D.Jordan
Monroe

Rondo isn't good.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#7 » by NashtyNas » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:04 am

Woodsanity wrote:

Rondo isn't good.[/quote]

That's the point. Only bad players (ie. Rondo) want to play with Kobe.
Everyone else will wait for the Black Ego to call it a career before they go to LA.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#8 » by MitchB3 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:13 am

imDatknicksTape wrote:

Aldridge
D.Jordan
Monroe

Hey kind sir,

The Knicks need all the help the could get. Phil Jackson will try the triangle offense again next season, the will need a guy like Rondo who court vision is what the triangle needs. Getting Monroe will solve probably around 10% of the Knicks woes (please don't get it confused with Drake song). The Knicks may have to part ways with Melo.
MitchB3
Starter

Post#9 » by MitchB3 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:21 am

Both Kawhi and Jimmy are showing their respective teams that they aren't just a one trick pony; they aren't just defensive stoppers, they can actually score the ball. They make not average 25 ppg but the can get you 20 points, 7 rebounds 3-5 assists, with like 2 steals, and maybe a block per game. Personally for me I rather play two way players more money then players who can just score the ball. I only know a couple of players who could guard the one, the two, and the three, (LeBron is the exception, who could also guard some 4's and maybe one or two 5's)
Pukovnik
Senior
And1: 168

Post#10 » by Pukovnik » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:24 am

I would just love after the Spurs sign Leonard to a max deal, if they offered another one to Jimmy Butler. Somehow, I still don't think the Bulls are valuing Butler as a max contract guy.
nyjetsknicks420
Sixth Man
And1: 665

Post#11 » by nyjetsknicks420 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:26 am

MitchB3 wrote:
imDatknicksTape wrote:

Aldridge
D.Jordan
Monroe

Hey kind sir,

The Knicks need all the help the could get. Phil Jackson will try the triangle offense again next season, the will need a guy like Rondo who court vision is what the triangle needs. Getting Monroe will solve probably around 10% of the Knicks woes (please don't get it confused with Drake song). The Knicks may have to part ways with Melo.

Why would they need to part with Melo?
I don't think you know much about the triangle you don't need an all star pg to run it you need someone who can move the ball and hit open 3s and jump shots which rondo cannot he is a horrible fit for the triangle

I would rather draft mudiay or Russell then sign rondo
Pukovnik
Senior
And1: 168

Post#12 » by Pukovnik » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:22 pm

Aldridge
D.Jordan
Monroe

You forgot about Kevin Love. Logically, he would stay in Cleveland, over there he would play for a contender for the rest of his career, but somehow, I have a feeling, if the Cavs win it all this year, Love could leave. He would have a ring, a championship and he would be more relaxed, ready to start over somewhere else as a go to guy.
thegreenlife
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Post#13 » by thegreenlife » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:31 pm

Pukovnik wrote:

Aldridge
D.Jordan
Monroe

You forgot about Kevin Love. Logically, he would stay in Cleveland, over there he would play for a contender for the rest of his career, but somehow, I have a feeling, if the Cavs win it all this year, Love could leave. He would have a ring, a championship and he would be more relaxed, ready to start over somewhere else as a go to guy.

Why would you leave a girl who makes you happy?
fpthegoat
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#14 » by fpthegoat » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:46 pm

thegreenlife wrote:
Pukovnik wrote:

Aldridge
D.Jordan
Monroe

Why would you leave a girl who makes you happy?

Just because they win doesn't mean Love is happy. He might not get along with some teammates or like his role on the team. Winning isnt the most important thing to everyone
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#15 » by deeps6x » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:39 pm

Dammit. The guy is a perfect fit on 28 of the teams in the league.

Sad to see my Raptors won't get a shot at him. Happy to see my second fav team will keep him. I just hope they find a way to reload around him quickly.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#16 » by DJ3thenew23 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:15 pm

deeps6x wrote:Dammit. The guy is a perfect fit on 28 of the teams in the league.

Sad to see my Raptors won't get a shot at him. Happy to see my second fav team will keep him. I just hope they find a way to reload around him quickly.

28?
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
MitchB3
Starter

Post#17 » by MitchB3 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:35 am

nyjetsknicks420 wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:
imDatknicksTape wrote:

Hey kind sir,

I don't think you know much about the triangle you don't need an all star pg to run it you need someone who can move the ball and hit open 3s and jump shots which rondo cannot he is a horrible fit for the triangle

Then you sir is a crack head. I agree you don't an all-star point guard but to have a guy like Rondo who could probably learn the triangle can make the game more simpler for other players.
nyjetsknicks420
Sixth Man
And1: 665

Post#18 » by nyjetsknicks420 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:04 pm

MitchB3 wrote:
nyjetsknicks420 wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:
Hey kind sir,

Then you sir is a crack head. I agree you don't an all-star point guard but to have a guy like Rondo who could probably learn the triangle can make the game more simpler for other players.

Really he didn't make the game more simpler for the mavs who have good players because he wanted to do things his way and not the coaches and they butted heads what make you think he will come into ny and run the triangle

He needs the ball in his hands to be good and that's not what the triangle is its aboit ball movement and player movement
MitchB3
Starter

Post#19 » by MitchB3 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:24 am

nyjetsknicks420 wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:
nyjetsknicks420 wrote:

Really he didn't make the game more simpler for the mavs who have good players because he wanted to do things his way and not the coaches and they butted heads what make you think he will come into ny and run the triangle

He needs the ball in his hands to be good and that's not what the triangle is its aboit ball movement and player movement

Yes, because Kobe and MJ didn't butt heads with Phil?

Anyways, you are making it seem like he isn't someone who isn't passionate about the game; everyone is different, I mean look at CP3, who is someone who hates to lose.

I'll end it with this; Phil has some tough decisions to make this off-season on whether or not he wants a PG or he wants a big-man in the post. I believe if he goes for Oakfor this is no reason to go after a Marc Gasol or LaMarcus Aldridge.
MitchB3
Starter

Post#20 » by MitchB3 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:24 am

nyjetsknicks420 wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:
nyjetsknicks420 wrote:

Yes, because Kobe and MJ didn't butt heads with Phil?

Anyways, you are making it seem like he isn't someone who isn't passionate about the game; everyone is different, I mean look at CP3, who is someone who hates to lose.

I'll end it with this; Phil has some tough decisions to make this off-season on whether or not he wants a PG or he wants a big-man in the post. I believe if he goes for Oakfor this is no reason to go after a Marc Gasol or LaMarcus Aldridge.

Return to Wiretap Discussion