Paul Piere Unsure On Return For 15-16

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Paul Piere Unsure On Return For 15-16 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat May 16, 2015 4:00 am

Paul Pierce said he is unsure at the moment about whether he will return for next season.

"A lot has to do with my family, talking to my wife, kids, my mother," Pierce said.

The Washington Wizards were eliminated from the playoffs on Friday.

Pierce has a player option on his contract for the 2015-16 season.

Via David Aldridge/NBA.com

TOMSPY77
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Re: Paul Piere Unsure On Return For 15-16 

Post#2 » by TOMSPY77 » Sat May 16, 2015 12:28 pm

Who is Paul Piere?? Must be a French import... :lol:
Arsilva
Junior
And1: 28

Post#3 » by Arsilva » Sat May 16, 2015 3:18 pm

PP celebrated too early his own "clutchness"....the wide open three he missed late in game 4, the Al Horoford buzzer beater after Pierce three late in game 5, and the 0.1 second miss yesterday showed that basketball gods punished him.....
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,188

Post#4 » by kenwood3333 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:31 pm

Would love to see him back for his entertainment value.
TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,864

Post#5 » by TheSamMitchell » Sat May 16, 2015 4:13 pm

Pierce just stop it. He just wants attention after getting his ass eliminated. He knows damn well he will be back. Dude hits a somewhat significant shot and acts like he won a championship. He doesn't have "it."
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#6 » by LaRance » Sat May 16, 2015 4:30 pm

TheSamMitchell wrote:Pierce just stop it. He just wants attention after getting his ass eliminated. He knows damn well he will be back. Dude hits a somewhat significant shot and acts like he won a championship. He doesn't have "it."

he definitely has it, let's not go overboard. I haven't seen someone so clutch in game time decisions since MJ and Kobe in their prime
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#7 » by jirrit » Sat May 16, 2015 4:48 pm

TheSamMitchell wrote:Pierce just stop it. He just wants attention after getting his ass eliminated. He knows damn well he will be back. Dude hits a somewhat significant shot and acts like he won a championship. He doesn't have "it."

:lol:

He has more than Toronto ever had.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#8 » by Sam195 » Sat May 16, 2015 5:12 pm

There is no way he retires on such a sour note. I see pierce, garnettd, duncan and ginoblli all resigning with their current teams for two more years and officially retiring together when the league goes on extended leave with the start of an almost certain 2017 nba lockout. MJ retired right after winning a title and before the 1998 lockout -these hofs will do the same.
thegreenlife
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Post#9 » by thegreenlife » Sat May 16, 2015 5:31 pm

Lol you're so salty I love it

Pierce is clutch as hell and if you say that he doesn't have "it," then I don't know who does
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#10 » by jirrit » Sat May 16, 2015 5:40 pm

Sam195 wrote:There is no way he retires on such a sour note. I see pierce, garnettd, duncan and ginoblli all resigning with their current teams for two more years and officially retiring together when the league goes on extended leave with the start of an almost certain 2017 nba lockout. MJ retired right after winning a title and before the 1998 lockout -these hofs will do the same.

These four should sign a vet min in Boston :wink:
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,772

Post#11 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat May 16, 2015 6:36 pm

Pierce is one of greatest ever and has won a NBA championship. He does have "it". He is still making clutch plays even though he is far past his prime. Don't show your ignorance.
Alienware
Sixth Man
And1: 505

Post#12 » by Alienware » Sat May 16, 2015 8:08 pm

I'm a Laker fan, I shouldn't be here defending Paul Pierce, but yeah, he has "it".
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#13 » by MitchB3 » Sat May 16, 2015 8:49 pm

This is just me talking, but he might be looking at the Clippers, or retirement. For me it is time for a lot of Vet players to hang it up and let these new guys get some time to shine. Don't get me wrong I want a lot of the vets to stay but I rather see them go on top rather then to see them go out on crutches.
Focus
Sophomore
And1: 198

Post#14 » by Focus » Sat May 16, 2015 10:21 pm

Pierce has more "it" in his left pinky at 37 than the combined history of the Raptors organization (you can also add the leafs actually).
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#15 » by CHAMPi0N » Sat May 16, 2015 10:47 pm

Come back home Paul!!! Boston is waiting for you!
RedX
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,947

Post#16 » by RedX » Sat May 16, 2015 11:36 pm

Focus wrote:

Pierce has more "it" in his left pinky at 37 than the combined history of the Raptors organization (you can also add the leafs actually).

That's the most ignorant dick-riding statement I've ever read on here. Look up who played here before you say something stupid again.
Brovva Blaqq
Banned User
And1: 67

Post#17 » by Brovva Blaqq » Sat May 16, 2015 11:58 pm

Series!
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#18 » by Sam195 » Sun May 17, 2015 1:14 am

If warriors don't win it all this year which seems highly unlikely - pierce might consider signing their since he is an Oakland native and he would have an opportunity to help bring a championship to his hometown before the team relocates to San Francisco. One of the warriors weaknesses is they lack veteran leadership and players with title experience. Steve Kerr, the coach is the only person with a ring and he was a role player during his playing days. Also it looks like the Warriors are going to have payroll and tax problems down the line. Klay Thompson's max extension kicks in next season as well as the almost certain max deal draymond green will sign this summer. And after these first two playoff rounds and this past season - it looks like Harrison Barnes will also be a max player. He brings so much to the table defensively and if he wasn't on a team with curry and thompson - he'd likely be putting up offensive #s close to 20ppg. On top of that curry is a ufa who will demand a super max deal in 2017 after winning mvp which is right before the team relocates. The warriors will likley trade david lee to philly or minnesota this summer by packaging him with picks in salary dump move.
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#19 » by DJ3thenew23 » Sun May 17, 2015 1:23 am

Sam195 wrote:If warriors don't win it all this year which seems highly unlikely - pierce might consider signing their since he is an Oakland native and he would have an opportunity to help bring a championship to his hometown before the team relocates to San Francisco. One of the warriors weaknesses is they lack veteran leadership and players with title experience. Steve Kerr, the coach is the only person with a ring and he was a role player during his playing days. Also it looks like the Warriors are going to have payroll and tax problems down the line. Klay Thompson's max extension kicks in next season as well as the almost certain max deal draymond green will sign this summer. And after these first two playoff rounds and this past season - it looks like Harrison Barnes will also be a max player. He brings so much to the table defensively and if he wasn't on a team with curry and thompson - he'd likely be putting up offensive #s close to 20ppg. On top of that curry is a ufa who will demand a super max deal in 2017 after winning mvp which is right before the team relocates. The warriors will likley trade david lee to philly or minnesota this summer by packaging him with picks in salary dump move.

No way Barnes is a max player, and they should hope Draymond Green will give them somewhat of a discount especially if they win it all.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
mawbsta
Senior
And1: 46

Post#20 » by mawbsta » Sun May 17, 2015 3:35 pm

Playoffs MVP, world Champion
The definition of "it"

Return to Wiretap Discussion