Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

Brianmas23
Junior
And1: 25

Re: Wolves Willing To Consider Trading No. 1 Overall Pick 

Post#21 » by Brianmas23 » Thu May 21, 2015 2:47 am

sc8581 wrote:
Brianmas23 wrote:
sc8581 wrote:They could draft Russell, trade Rubio to the Knicks for #4, Lakers will likely take Okafor, Philly I could see taking Mudiay since they have Noel and Joel so the Twolves could get KAT at #4. Just a thought.

D'Angelo
Wiggins
KAT
Shabazz
Dieng
Pekovic
Lavine
Martin

Ridiculous! Am I forgetting somebody?

I think you are forgetting reality.. Knicks aren't giving up the #4 pick for Rubio.

They need to win asap and he's not going to take 3 years like whoever they draft. Do you think they can trade that pick for someone better?

For 1 Lakers reportedly have Towns ahead of Okafor, 2nd the Knicks want one of those bigs, so if there is any chance one of those guys are there then Knicks wouldn't trade the pick, and 3rd they need another guy that is either big that plays defense and score in the post or someone that takes the scoring load from Melo, and Rubio is not that guy.. PJ isn't going to cave to pressure to win asap, thats not zen
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#22 » by sc8581 » Thu May 21, 2015 2:51 am

Brianmas23 wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
Brianmas23 wrote:

I think you are forgetting reality.. Knicks aren't giving up the #4 pick for Rubio.

They need to win asap and he's not going to take 3 years like whoever they draft. Do you think they can trade that pick for someone better?

For 1 Lakers reportedly have Towns ahead of Okafor, 2nd the Knicks want one of those bigs, so if there is any chance one of those guys are there then Knicks wouldn't trade the pick, and 3rd they need another guy that is either big that plays defense and score in the post or someone that takes the scoring load from Melo, and Rubio is not that guy.. PJ isn't going to cave to pressure to win asap, thats not zen

They need to win asap because Melo isn't getting any younger. Rubio makes players better too
mcaul55
Senior
And1: 33

Post#23 » by mcaul55 » Thu May 21, 2015 4:08 am

sc8581 wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

we're not trading the pick for ricky **** rubio. **** outta here.

So many people underrate Rubio and overrate draft picks

Totally agree. Rubio is a proven winner, makes others better, and as a result has led his team to a more then generous .362 win percentage over the past 4 years....
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#24 » by sc8581 » Thu May 21, 2015 4:46 am

mcaul55 wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:we're not trading the pick for ricky **** rubio. **** outta here.

Totally agree. Rubio is a proven winner, makes others better, and as a result has led his team to a more then generous .362 win percentage over the past 4 years....

What a dumb argument, not even worth arguing my point with someone that doesn't think logically.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#25 » by Shem » Thu May 21, 2015 7:35 am

MaxRider wrote:
lekasjeda wrote:Glen Taylor admitted it is unlikely, but not something they're prepared to rule out.

i wonder if he will do it if Portland offer them LMA

Newsflash... Aldridge is a free agent which means Aldridge would have to choose Minnesota because he wants to sign there.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#26 » by br7knicks » Thu May 21, 2015 10:44 am

pek, lavine, budinger, #1

anthony, calderon

use them many trade exceptions they have to make it work
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
brooklynoxy
Senior
And1: 121

Post#27 » by brooklynoxy » Thu May 21, 2015 12:33 pm

sc8581 wrote:They could draft Russell, trade Rubio to the Knicks for #4, Lakers will likely take Okafor, Philly I could see taking Mudiay since they have Noel and Joel so the Twolves could get KAT at #4. Just a thought.

D'Angelo
Wiggins
KAT
Shabazz
Dieng
Pekovic
Lavine
Martin

You're forgetting that the Knicks would never trade the fourth pick for Ricky Rubio.
"You have to respect your coach. I know LeBron's a great player, but I think he stepped over the line." Walt "Clyde" Frazier
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#28 » by Donnyxc » Thu May 21, 2015 1:12 pm

mcaul55 wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:So many people underrate Rubio and overrate draft picks

Proven winner?
He's never been in the Playoffs.

You want a proven winner from Sota, look at KG.

I think Ricky is rightly underrated. He's a good defensive guard that doesn't shoot well.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#29 » by Thorn » Thu May 21, 2015 2:17 pm

D'Angelo
Wiggins
KAT
Shabazz
Dieng
Pekovic
Lavine
Martin

The Knicks hang up the phone offended, do not counter the offer and have a good hearted laugh about just insane the offer is on paper and in reality. 1-5 in this draft, there are players better than Rubio. More over there is more than one way to "win now" giving up the 4th overall pick in a deep draft is at the bottom of that list.

I would also liek to add that Rubio is often injured, in his four years in the league he played 82 games once. The other three years? 41, 57, and 22 last year.

I will take Emmanuel Mudiay over Rubio ANY day of the week, he could be gone at 4, but if so... big deal we take whoever falls to us at that point and allow Rubio to force his way out of Minny as he has been rumored to be doing this off-season.

Let's not forget Rubio has more miles on his body than he should at this point as he played 4 or so years overseas at a pro level. The kid is just not durable.
BlackKnight
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#30 » by BlackKnight » Thu May 21, 2015 2:48 pm

sc8581 wrote:
mcaul55 wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

What a dumb argument, not even worth arguing my point with someone that doesn't think logically.

LOL or maybe you won't argue your point because you have none? Why would the Knicks trade a better PG in Mudiay/Russell that's on a rookie contract for an often injured Rubio that can't shoot and is owed $14M per year for the next 4 years?? GTFO here with your nonsense :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,748

Post#31 » by Chuck Everett » Thu May 21, 2015 3:53 pm

LOL, why are people suggesting these terrible trades? You do realize this article is a bunch of **** right? :crazy:
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#32 » by Rosque » Thu May 21, 2015 4:58 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:LOL, why are people suggesting these terrible trades? You do realize this article is a bunch of **** right? :crazy:

Hill + hou pick for Melo. Do it mitch. Then flip Melo for number one and Wiggins. do it mitch
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#33 » by sc8581 » Fri May 22, 2015 3:27 am

BlackKnight wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
mcaul55 wrote:

LOL or maybe you won't argue your point because you have none? Why would the Knicks trade a better PG in Mudiay/Russell that's on a rookie contract for an often injured Rubio that can't shoot and is owed $14M per year for the next 4 years?? GTFO here with your nonsense :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knicks need guys that can play now before Melo is done in a couple years, it's pretty obvious they're going to trade the pick if they can add a good starter. Rubio is a good PG and he defends the position well, he's also still fairly young but with tons of experience. If you want to talk about his injuries that's a fair argument but to say he's got more wear on him because he played professionally at an earlier age is just silly, unless he played two games a day like they do here coming up.
WizDom
Junior
And1: 0

Post#34 » by WizDom » Fri May 22, 2015 3:00 pm

They should trade the pick for Kevin Love. :wink:
brooklynoxy
Senior

Post#35 » by brooklynoxy » Sun May 24, 2015 3:17 am

D'Angelo
Wiggins
KAT
Shabazz
Dieng
Pekovic
Lavine
Martin

Rubio is not worth the 4th pick of this draft,especially with the horrible contract he carries. Taylor has to trade Rubio, Pekovic, and a few other players in order to pay a First Round Pick a MAX extension, pay Wiggins, and I suggest that you take a look at Ricky Rubio's strangling contract,

Minnesota would have to include Rubio and Pek to even begin a negotiation for the #1.
"You have to respect your coach. I know LeBron's a great player, but I think he stepped over the line." Walt "Clyde" Frazier
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by sc8581 » Sun May 24, 2015 4:09 am

brooklynoxy wrote:

D'Angelo
Wiggins
KAT
Shabazz
Dieng
Pekovic
Lavine
Martin

Rubio is not worth the 4th pick of this draft,especially with the horrible contract he carries. Taylor has to trade Rubio, Pekovic, and a few other players in order to pay a First Round Pick a MAX extension, pay Wiggins, and I suggest that you take a look at Ricky Rubio's strangling contract,

Minnesota would have to include Rubio and Pek to even begin a negotiation for the #1.

Rubio will make $56M over the next 4 years, that's not bad at all. The rest of your post is jibberish, no idea what you're trying to say.
brooklynoxy
Senior

Post#37 » by brooklynoxy » Sun May 24, 2015 6:09 am

sc8581 wrote:
brooklynoxy wrote:

D'Angelo
Wiggins
KAT
Shabazz
Dieng
Pekovic
Lavine
Martin

Rubio will make $56M over the next 4 years, that's not bad at all. The rest of your post is jibberish, no idea what you're trying to say.

LOL! If Rubio's salary is "not so bad at all" , why are you looking to pawn him off to the Knicks?

What the heck is jibberish? It's gibberish. I reckon you wasn't the brightest bulb in the box...
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by sc8581 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:19 am

brooklynoxy wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
brooklynoxy wrote:

LOL! If Rubio's salary is "not so bad at all" , why are you looking to pawn him off to the Knicks?

What the heck is jibberish? It's gibberish. I reckon you wasn't the brightest bulb in the box...

Rubio is a very good player so his salary is about what it should be and a bargain compared to what players will be making once the cap goes up next year. The Knicks need players that can play now as I've mentioned several times already, the Wolves are still a few years away especially considering they will be drafting a 19 year old at #1. Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend?

I'm sorry I don't know the correct spelling of word I rarely use, I'm not 16 so I wasn't brought up typing my conversations and spellcheck wasn't around until I was out of school. I did however probably give your mom some singles while she was dancing on that pole trying to support you as a single parent, so that kind of makes me like your daddy huh? Respect your elders little boy

Return to Wiretap Discussion