Knicks Have Had Discussions On David Lee If Cap Space Remains

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Knicks Have Had Discussions On David Lee If Cap Space Remains 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 2, 2015 6:06 pm

The New York Knicks have had discussions about trading for the contract of David Lee.

The Knicks are first exploring their options in free agency, but could deal for Lee if cap space remains.

The Golden State Warriors need to unload Lee's contract to save on the luxury tax and will have to attach assets for the trade.

Lee's contract expires after the 15-16 season.

Via Howard Beck/Bleacher Report

dnice16
Ballboy
And1: 4

Re: Knicks Have Had Discussions On David Lee If Cap Space Remains 

Post#2 » by dnice16 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 6:43 pm

I said it before get r lopez trade for lee and b jennings who both come off the books next season. See what a line up of jennings affalo melo lee lopez can do this year. As a knicks fan i need something even if its all plan b's or im not watching next season.
MrNYYNYGNYK
Junior
And1: 20

Post#3 » by MrNYYNYGNYK » Thu Jul 2, 2015 7:11 pm

Jackson if this happens please make sure we are trading Calderon he needs to go and we can use his 7 mill much better!
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#4 » by Chris3323 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 7:37 pm

shoulda just kept felton at this point.
totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Post#5 » by totalrekall » Thu Jul 2, 2015 7:46 pm

for David's sake I hope its not LA. that team is going nowhere and doing nothing until Kobe retires. in New York at least he has a fan base to go back to and I think his basketball IQ will help the team develop tremendously. Melo and Lee might not be the best combo, especially defensively- yikes! but nothing could be worse than last yr and really what player would fit well w/ Melo? its hard to think of any when his game is all about isolation and no ball movement
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#6 » by mj_shoefanatic » Thu Jul 2, 2015 7:48 pm

all that cap space and settling for scraps huh
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#7 » by likashing » Thu Jul 2, 2015 7:53 pm

Add Orlando to the list. We are taking bids now. :lol:

If the offers are the same, we'll ship him East.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
my2bits
Junior
And1: 57

Post#8 » by my2bits » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:17 pm

totalrekall wrote:for David's sake I hope its not LA. that team is going nowhere and doing nothing until Kobe retires. in New York at least he has a fan base to go back to and I think his basketball IQ will help the team develop tremendously. Melo and Lee might not be the best combo, especially defensively- yikes! but nothing could be worse than last yr and really what player would fit well w/ Melo? its hard to think of any when his game is all about isolation and no ball movement

David Lee just won a title by riding the bench all season. That's why he is up for trade. He's getting his money so who cares what he thinks. Show up, keep ya mouth shut and wait for free agency. Better yet, if he wants to be free why not agree to a buyout for say half of what he's owed?
my2bits
Junior
And1: 57

Post#9 » by my2bits » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:20 pm

mj_shoefanatic wrote:all that cap space and settling for scraps huh

If Jordan leaves you'll be settling...
RAZOR551
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#10 » by RAZOR551 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 6:19 pm

If the knicks and include Calderon they should do it, actually they would have to after signing lopez. they would get the number 2 scorring option and rebounding they need. Arron Afflalo is fine third option but like JR he is not enough and the 7foot rookie is not enough. The warriers would still get 7-8 mil cap relief. A starting line up of Lopez, lee, Melo, Afflalo and Grant\Galloway would be competitive.

Return to Wiretap Discussion