Kobe Bryant Expresses Interest In Ending Career With Barcelona

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Kobe Bryant watched Barcelona's training session in Los Angeles on Monday.

Barcelona's soccer team are in the United States on a preseason tour.

Bryant reportedly talked to Albert Soler, director of International Relations for the club, about ending his career with Barcelona.

"Kobe has offered to end his career here," said Soler.

Soler also reference Bryant reuniting with Pau Gasol.

Bryant is entering the final season of his contract with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Via Moses Llorens/AS.com

TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,864

Re: Kobe Bryant Expresses Interest In Ending Career With Barcelona 

Post#2 » by TheSamMitchell » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:51 pm

Lolwut?
juduking
Junior
And1: 23

Post#3 » by juduking » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:00 am

I really, really dislike Kobe, much like I dislike Brett Favre, and I hated seeing the both of them every year, but they are part of what makes sports great. We need guys like Kobe in the league as long as their bodies allow it. I can see Kobe doing a Derek Jeter one year tour in Europe when he feels he is done, but if he has anything left in the tank, maybe for 25 minutes a night, I think he should continue to play in the NBA.
"Ball Don't Lie"!
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#4 » by Rated T By CBRA » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:01 am

Enormously famous football (soccer) players are joining MLS at the end of their careers...why not start a trend with the NBA superstars spending their last energy in Europe? Plus I'm sure Barcelona can give him decent money, not NBA money...but decent money
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:23 am

Godspeed to you!
Shai
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Shai » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:47 am

Rated T By CBRA wrote:Enormously famous football (soccer) players are joining MLS at the end of their careers...why not start a trend with the NBA superstars spending their last energy in Europe? Plus I'm sure Barcelona can give him decent money, not NBA money...but decent money

Start a trend???
'Nique played in Greece, Tom Chambers had an 0-14 unforgettable game with Macabi Tel Aviv, Jordan Farmar in TA this year (OK, He's not a legend, yet :) ), Kirilenko, Krstic...

OK, Let's turn it up a notch - Rolnado Blackman, Daryl Dawkins, Alex English, George Gervin, Artis Gilmore, Byron Scott, Roni Sikely, Bob Mcadoo

These guys aren't Kobe or Lebron, but you guys in the states are forgetting that European Basketball isn't all that bad... :)
Sports Geek
Junior
And1: 103

Post#7 » by Sports Geek » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:58 am

I don't know if Kobe and Gasol could be good professional soccer players :lol:
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#8 » by Rated T By CBRA » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:32 am

Shai wrote:
Rated T By CBRA wrote:Enormously famous football (soccer) players are joining MLS at the end of their careers...why not start a trend with the NBA superstars spending their last energy in Europe? Plus I'm sure Barcelona can give him decent money, not NBA money...but decent money

Start a trend???
'Nique played in Greece, Tom Chambers had an 0-14 unforgettable game with Macabi Tel Aviv, Jordan Farmar in TA this year (OK, He's not a legend, yet :) ), Kirilenko, Krstic...

OK, Let's turn it up a notch - Rolnado Blackman, Daryl Dawkins, Alex English, George Gervin, Artis Gilmore, Byron Scott, Roni Sikely, Bob Mcadoo

These guys aren't Kobe or Lebron, but you guys in the states are forgetting that European Basketball isn't all that bad... :)

Who said anything about European basketball being bad? Also, Kirilenko, Krsrtic and Jordan Farmar have all played in Europe before...as matter of fact Krstic/Kirilenko got drafted because of European ball. But if the likes of LeBron/Kobe/Wade/KD, etc. start going on just like Pirlo/Lampard/Gerrard/Kaka/Beckham went to MLS...it'll be something.
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#9 » by nba2k16 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:05 pm

juduking wrote:I really, really dislike Kobe, much like I dislike Brett Favre, and I hated seeing the both of them every year, but they are part of what makes sports great. We need guys like Kobe in the league as long as their bodies allow it. I can see Kobe doing a Derek Jeter one year tour in Europe when he feels he is done, but if he has anything left in the tank, maybe for 25 minutes a night, I think he should continue to play in the NBA.

Money money money money money money

That is all this dude cares about and all he ever has

I am the star and I want more money. He's selfish and that's the only reason he wants to play in Europe, cause he knows they will pay him a boatload. With Jim Buss likely out of his job in a couple years, Kobe knows no one will overpay him again to play for the Lakers so off to Europe it is

I can't wait for this guy to retire he's so selfish and his attitude just makes me sick

SMH
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#10 » by nba2k16 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:06 pm

Soler also reference Bryant reuniting with Pau Gasol.

Kobe to Memphis or Chicago?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#11 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:17 pm

I thought he already said he was going to play in Italy
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Post#12 » by 2thehoopand1 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:31 pm

Kobe would only be useful as a goalie and we all know how he feels about playing defense.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#13 » by nba2k16 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:38 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:I thought he already said he was going to play in Italy

I'm curious, do you or anyone know the reason he specifically wants to play in Italy? Sorry I just never heard of the reason and I am curious
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#14 » by nba2k16 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:39 am

I feel like low money in the NBA though is still better than top money in Europe

Unless they pull an MLS and gather of the money of the entire league to pay someone like Kobe to come over (similar to Beckham coming to LA Galaxy and being paid by the whole league)
t-rexCity
Junior
And1: 79

Post#15 » by t-rexCity » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:42 am

nba2k16 wrote:
juduking wrote:I really, really dislike Kobe, much like I dislike Brett Favre, and I hated seeing the both of them every year, but they are part of what makes sports great. We need guys like Kobe in the league as long as their bodies allow it. I can see Kobe doing a Derek Jeter one year tour in Europe when he feels he is done, but if he has anything left in the tank, maybe for 25 minutes a night, I think he should continue to play in the NBA.

I am the star and I want more money. He's selfish and that's the only reason he wants to play in Europe, cause he knows they will pay him a boatload. With Jim Buss likely out of his job in a couple years, Kobe knows no one will overpay him again to play for the Lakers so off to Europe it is

I can't wait for this guy to retire he's so selfish and his attitude just makes me sick

SMH

Umm no. All Kobe cares about is winning whether you like it or not. And when he wins, he asks to get paid like any other human being. You get rewarded for your hard work and is a great blueprint for any successful business man or CEO. He's a boss. Nobody in the nba currently can match his success. If you build a brand and just walk away bc you think it's over and dont want to make your employer take a risk on you after being one of the most successful players ever to play the game and not try for one more shot then I will either call you stupid or mother Theresa. You pick.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#16 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:27 pm

nba2k16 wrote:

I'm curious, do you or anyone know the reason he specifically wants to play in Italy? Sorry I just never heard of the reason and I am curious

I guess because he lived there when his dad played there, but it was probably just blowing smoke.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#17 » by nba2k16 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:36 pm

t-rexCity wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:

SMH

Umm no. All Kobe cares about is winning whether you like it or not. And when he wins, he asks to get paid like any other human being. You get rewarded for your hard work and is a great blueprint for any successful business man or CEO. He's a boss. Nobody in the nba currently can match his success. If you build a brand and just walk away bc you think it's over and dont want to make your employer take a risk on you after being one of the most successful players ever to play the game and not try for one more shot then I will either call you stupid or mother Theresa. You pick.

He used to be about winning

Based on the contract he signed its obviously only about the money

No one with a right mind could say he is worth $25mil a year with a straight face... he is not the best NBA Player right now so he shouldn't be paid like that

If he really wanted to win, he would take a bit less money, help bring good talent to the team, and be more accepting of them. Either that or sign with contender

He's done the opposite of all that and is just swimming in his MONEY which is all he cares about
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#18 » by nba2k16 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:47 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:

I guess because he lived there when his dad played there, but it was probably just blowing smoke.

Oh i see

Possibly. I guess it will all depend on how much money he is offered
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,547

Post#19 » by Psubs » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:32 pm

nba2k16 wrote:He used to be about winning

No one with a right mind could say he is worth $25mil a year with a straight face... he is not the best NBA Player right now so he shouldn't be paid like that

If he really wanted to win, he would take a bit less money, help bring good talent to the team, and be more accepting of them. Either that or sign with contender

He's done the opposite of all that and is just swimming in his MONEY which is all he cares about

Don't know why instead of a 2 year extension of $50 million, he didn't do a 5 year extension for $10 million per season (knowing that he'd probably only play around 2 more years)?!?!? Then they could've brought in 2 (older) or mabye even 3 (younger) max players. :roll:

Actually, if it had raises like 10-11-13-15.5-18.5, he could've made $18 million more. :crazy:
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#20 » by nba2k16 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Psubs wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:He used to be about winning

Don't know why instead of a 2 year extension of $50 million, he didn't do a 5 year extension for $10 million per season (knowing that he'd probably only play around 2 more years)?!?!? Then they could've brought in 2 (older) or mabye even 3 (younger) max players. :roll:

Actually, if it had raises like 10-11-13-15.5-18.5, he could've made $18 million more. :crazy:

No. He could take 2 years $10M.

He doesn't need the $50M over 5 years.

Return to Wiretap Discussion