Bob Myers Reveals How He Likes To Identify Players Who Want To Win, Hate To Lose

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Bob Myers Reveals How He Likes To Identify Players Who Want To Win, Hate To Lose 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:03 am

Bob Myers of the Golden State Warriors talked about part of his player evaluation process to Zach Lowe of Grantland.

Myers focuses on the last six minutes of close games and watches for specific sorts of non-shooting plays.

“I’m looking for guys who make winning defensive plays,” said Myers. “Do they take charges? Do they win 50-50 balls? We want to find players that don’t just want to win, but really hate to lose. Like, if we’re playing Monopoly, and I land on Park Place before you, do you just say, ‘Life goes on, I’m getting a beer’? Or do you get really pissed?”

Via Zach Lowe/Grantland

nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Re: Bob Myers Reveals How He Likes To Identify Players Who Want To Win, Hate To Lose 

Post#2 » by nba2k16 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:24 am

It's a good strategy

It explains why their offseason acquistion was Gerald Wallace :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Re: Bob Myers Reveals How He Likes To Identify Players Who Want To Win, Hate To Lose 

Post#3 » by hyberx » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:43 pm

If you don't understand that Gerald Wallace trade was a salary move of David Lee, and you overlook the fact that they spent to keep their championship team together this offseason, then there is really nobody can educate you more than that. :lol: :crazy:
RajonRambo
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#4 » by RajonRambo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:02 am

nba2k16 wrote:It's a good strategy

It explains why their offseason acquistion was Gerald Wallace :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Wallace is one of those guys. He's just not as capable of being productive as he was. He was horrible for the C's, but he played hard when he was on the floor and you could tell he was annoyed when people made foolish plays. He even called out the team publicly for being soft and not caring about winning.

I totally hear your point though, when I heard about that trade I was like, "Ummm...WTF??!!!...wait...HELLL YEAHHH!!!" :)

Return to Wiretap Discussion