Blazers Pick Up 15-16 Option On Allen Crabbe

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Blazers Pick Up 15-16 Option On Allen Crabbe 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Aug 1, 2015 6:31 pm

The Portland Trail Blazers have picked up their 15-16 option on Allen Crabbe.

The team had until Saturday to decide on Crabbe’s contract status. The 23-year-old is expected to make more than $900,000 next season.

"It's always good to know that your [contract] is going to be guaranteed so it just makes you focus on continuing to work hard for the rest of the summer and get prepared for training camp," Crabbe told CSNNW.com on Friday. "I've got a clear mind just knowing that I'm going to be on the roster next year."

Via Jabari Young/CSNNW

TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Re: Blazers Pick Up 15-16 Option On Allen Crabbe 

Post#2 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Sun Aug 2, 2015 6:09 am

Every team needs a tank commander in the ready just in case
Credits to Jstock12
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#3 » by nba2k16 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:36 am

What the heck are the Blazers doing this summer SMH
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#4 » by PDXKnight » Mon Aug 3, 2015 5:47 am

nba2k16 wrote:What the heck are the Blazers doing this summer SMH

Sarcasm? No reason not to keep a young player on the roster when the team isn't gonna be all that good and when he's proven he can be at least somewhat effective.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#5 » by nba2k16 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 5:50 am

Oden2 wrote:

Sarcasm? No reason not to keep a young player on the roster when the team isn't gonna be all that good and when he's proven he can be at least somewhat effective.

Keep young players is fine but they have to be good young players. Portland should have signed a vet instead they are relying too much on young guys right now
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#6 » by PDXKnight » Mon Aug 3, 2015 6:04 am

nba2k16 wrote:
Oden2 wrote:

Keep young players is fine but they have to be good young players. Portland should have signed a vet instead they are relying too much on young guys right now

I think that's the point. We know we aren't gonna win a title so tank for a pick. We aren't gonna make the playoffs so tank mode it is
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#7 » by nba2k16 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 6:06 am

Oden2 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
Oden2 wrote:

I think that's the point. We know we aren't gonna win a title so tank for a pick. We aren't gonna make the playoffs so tank mode it is

Fair enough

Random question since I have you. Do you think the blazers should trade Lillard to help the rebuild?
Mystereevan
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#8 » by Mystereevan » Mon Aug 3, 2015 6:19 am

nba2k16 wrote:
Oden2 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:Keep young players is fine but they have to be good young players. Portland should have signed a vet instead they are relying too much on young guys right now

Fair enough

Random question since I have you. Do you think the blazers should trade Lillard to help the rebuild?

Probably not for at least a couple of years. He just signed into a big contract/extension that's not going tradeable until the salary cap actually increases with the new TV money. Plus having him now helps sell tickets to games.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#9 » by nba2k16 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 6:21 am

Mystereevan wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
Oden2 wrote:

Fair enough

Probably not for at least a couple of years. He just signed into a big contract/extension that's not going tradeable until the salary cap actually increases with the new TV money. Plus having him now helps sell tickets to games.

True didn't think about the selling tickets part. Without him it might be real tough for Blazers fans after all the starters they lost
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#10 » by PDXKnight » Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:17 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
Oden2 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:Keep young players is fine but they have to be good young players. Portland should have signed a vet instead they are relying too much on young guys right now

Fair enough

Not unless a really good rebuild package comes along, like two very high picks that have the chance of being all stars. I'm not saying an offer like that would come along necessarily but lillard is only 24 aand has made the all star game 2 times not to mention he just signed a 5 year contract extension. If anything we wait a few years till he has 1 or 2 seasons left and then start thinking about offers but yeah right now unless something good comes along you get rid of the nonessential veteran pieces (like we did) and build from the ground up with the one solid all star piece we have at the moment in lillard. Portland seldom wins in free agency so we obviously need to add talent in the draft or via trade and the draft seems like the most plausible route to long term contention.

Return to Wiretap Discussion