ImageImageImageImageImage

Atlantic Division

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

chandlanari
Sophomore
And1: 1

Atlantic Division 

Post#1 » by chandlanari » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:01 am

Have you guys seen the odds for the knicks to win the division. We're 22/1. Do you guys think we're this bad? Or do you think that there is anyway we'll compete int his division. From watching some of the raptors highlights this year, I don't think they're that much ahead of us. How do you think the Atlantic Division plays out this year? I really think the knicks have a shot.

Hopefully it plays out like this:

Knicks
Raptors
Boston
Nets
76ers
"My name is Al Harrington, and I get buckets"
-Gus Johnson
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,452

Re: Atlantic Division 

Post#2 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:04 am

chandlanari wrote:Have you guys seen the odds for the knicks to win the division. We're 22/1. Do you guys think we're this bad? Or do you think that there is anyway we'll compete int his division. From watching some of the raptors highlights this year, I don't think they're that much ahead of us. How do you think the Atlantic Division plays out this year? I really think the knicks have a shot.

Knicks
Raptors
Boston
Nets
76ers

Hey, you must be new to the board. We have a tradition here where you make a thread and introduce yourself to the group. Tell us a little about you, your interests and a little bit about your history as a fan of the Knicks. :D
Free Palestine
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,714

Post#3 » by JBreezeNY » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:07 am

Winning the division doesn't mean sh*t anymore.
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#4 » by kingquan316 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:31 am

JBreezeNY wrote:Winning the division doesn't mean sh*t anymore.

Yep, with this new rule they placed next season, division champions are useless on gaining an advantage in the playoffs. NFL, MLB, NHL division winners all have an advantage in winning your division (mostly gaining home game advantage). In the NBA, you can win your division and still miss the playoffs if you play in a god awful division.
FreakMaster
Bench Warmer
And1: 290

Post#5 » by FreakMaster » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:31 am

chandlanari wrote:Have you guys seen the odds for the knicks to win the division. We're 22/1. Do you guys think we're this bad? Or do you think that there is anyway we'll compete int his division. From watching some of the raptors highlights this year, I don't think they're that much ahead of us. How do you think the Atlantic Division plays out this year? I really think the knicks have a shot.

Knicks
Raptors
Boston
Nets
76ers

Personally, I think the Knicks will be a much improved team this season. They've added a few nice vets (Robin Lopez, Jose Calderon, and Arron Afflalo) to go w/ Melo and a bunch of NBA newbies. However, Toronto still looks like the team to beat in the Atlantic. They've added DeMarre Carroll to form a nice starting 5.
Gilley919
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#6 » by Gilley919 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:53 pm

I think our division is going to be an interesting and unpredictable one this season. The only two teams that seem like they'll have no chance is Brooklyn and Philly and while I think Toronto is the favorite to win at this point, they aren't exactly a lock to win.
New York Knick
Junior
And1: 114

Post#7 » by New York Knick » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:14 am

KNICKS!
PG - Jerian Grant/Galloway
SG - Arron Afflalo/Vujacic
SF - Carmelo Anthony/Williams
PF - Kristaps Porzingis/O'Quinn
C - Robin Lopez/Admundson

Projected record: 42-40 :cheesygrin:
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#8 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:52 pm

The Eastern Conference is filled with so many BAD teams, it's no wonder that rules were made to make division winners impotent in conference seedings...Although this was an issue David Stern brought up back when the South Western Conference was the most competitive (and continues to be).

Anyways, the Atlantic or as its been nicknamed the "Craptastic" Division will NOT be won by the Knicks. Keep in mind, winning the Craptastic Division is kind of like the equivalent of saying, "You're the BEST Kardashian!" aka "Do Nothing B#tch"

The Boston Celtics will win the Atlantic Division. They had a very good second half to last season. They modestly got better but are very well coached. The Knicks got a taste of that when they amped up their Defense and forced Melo into "chuck" mode. When Melo's shots are not draining, his game withers, and the Knicks completely fall apart. Now how many teams plan to play Melo that way? We'll see but I see the Knicks as second or third in the division because I expect Robin Lopez to get his butt handed to him. He didn't look very good in preseason. It wouldn't shock me after 20 games that O'Quinn starts some games at Center alongside KaÏser Porzingis. I'll wait for that one, much like I am patient to say, "Told ya so" on Langston Galloway.
Damas
Starter
And1: 1,923

Post#9 » by Damas » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:53 pm

Third in Atlantic and miss the playoffs.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,098

Post#10 » by Juco24 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:02 pm

Damas wrote:Third in Atlantic and miss the playoffs.

Agreed
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#11 » by kane2021 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:42 pm

At first I felt our biggest issue was going to be 3 point defense. Especially because these teams here can shoot it. Then I saw how slow Jose and Rolo were moving. So now im thinking PG's and centers are going to beat us up the floor for easy buckets on top of us giving away free open looks from 3.

But in the last few days I have come to an unfortunate realization. This team is not going to stay healthy. All 5 starters have a recent history with injuries. 3 of those starters have been battling injuries all pre season.

We are a new team that needs to develop chemistry. Injuries are going to affect chemistry. Lineups. Test the coach. Thin out our depth. Take away from our good bench. Change roles. Place increased responsibility on other players.

This teams needs time together to get familiar. Needs to be healthy and playing at their peaks to win around 35 games. Guys start getting hurt and all of a sudden that 27 win projection dont seem so crazy anymore. And like I said. We got 3 starters right now already battling injuries.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#12 » by LaRance » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:34 pm

sucks that he's hurt but I'm glad he's playing well
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,105

Post#13 » by ozwizard8 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:54 pm

kane2021 wrote:At first I felt our biggest issue was going to be 3 point defense. Especially because these teams here can shoot it. Then I saw how slow Jose and Rolo were moving. So now im thinking PG's and centers are going to beat us up the floor for easy buckets on top of us giving away free open looks from 3.

But in the last few days I have come to an unfortunate realization. This team is not going to stay healthy. All 5 starters have a recent history with injuries. 3 of those starters have been battling injuries all pre season.

We are a new team that needs to develop chemistry. Injuries are going to affect chemistry. Lineups. Test the coach. Thin out our depth. Take away from our good bench. Change roles. Place increased responsibility on other players.

This teams needs time together to get familiar. Needs to be healthy and playing at their peaks to win around 35 games. Guys start getting hurt and all of a sudden that 27 win projection dont seem so crazy anymore. And like I said. We got 3 starters right now already battling injuries.

defense is an issue.
i expect RoLo to increase his performance in season but calderon is that nothing more. i always say its vital to have good pg in NBA. Most of the teams live with its PG. you can argue that affalo is top 15 SG and it doesnt says too much.
But a top 15 PG creates much difference. when k.lowry on form raptors got 50 win season. conley/lawson/dragic/wall/wb/curry/paul/irving/d.rose/parker/teague/k.walker/d.lillard and there are so many pg affect their team much.
even r.jackson/isiah thomas/k.lowry kind pg's form affect their teams. believe or not r.felton played well in our 50+win season.

unfortunately we dont have good pg and our system doesnt let PG to oparate. so we must defend!
calderon injury may benefit us in season. j.grant/galloway are better defenders.

i think our bench is fine so i dont afraid of injuries much.
we've grant-galloway backup for guard injuries. koq is solid 6th man for big man backup. d-will doing really well on forward position.
i hope melo-affalo can stay healthy. of course porgz too.

but i'm afraid of fisher.
i watched 60+ knicks-fisher games so far and he sucks.
whenever opponent team gets hot and he calls timeout we cant get a basket after that timeout. we let them worser runs. fisher's tactical approach is also terrible.
when g.poppovich kind of coaches sees dumb plays they get angry and call for timeout.

i watched s.dalemberts contested-fadeaway shots in high post last year. and sometimes it happened 2-3 consecutive plays.
last game agains Celtics. Melo was on court and we didnt pass him even once. we just passed around 3pt line than give the ball to RoLo and he tried weird hook shots at bad position for 3 consecutive plays.
i know this teams bbal iq arent high but fisher didnt teach anything imo. he calls timeouts, draws some plays and we saw disasters on court. you'd expect to find easy points and relieve after your timeout but we suffer worser after Fisher timeouts.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#14 » by Sark » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:58 pm

If things break right, we can definitely compete for 3rd place in the division.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,881

Post#15 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:05 pm

Knicks
Raptors
Boston
Nets
76ers

Would like to add that if those are the odds, then you put 100 on the Knicks. Chances are high that you just wasted 100, but there is a fair chance (maybe a 1 in 4?) that you just made 2.2k
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
offense
RealGM
And1: 4,344

Post#16 » by offense » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:33 pm

Boston most likely wins it, they are much better than raps and knicks aren't quite ready i think.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#17 » by Greenie » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:47 pm

kane2021 wrote:At first I felt our biggest issue was going to be 3 point defense. Especially because these teams here can shoot it. Then I saw how slow Jose and Rolo were moving. So now im thinking PG's and centers are going to beat us up the floor for easy buckets on top of us giving away free open looks from 3.

Who's the 3rd?
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#18 » by Greenie » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:52 pm

Hold up. Jose is injured?

We will win more games now.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#19 » by dakomish23 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:38 am

This is the worst division in one of the worst conferences ever. It benefits us because we play them the most. We should be able to get at least 10 out of the 16 games. To make the playoffs we'll probably need 12+
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#20 » by NYKAL » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Knicks
Raptors
Boston
Nets
76ers

I am confident that we will be better than the Nets and Philly. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Toronto take a step backwards despite Lowery being in the best shape ever. If we can get our defense to a better than respectable level, we could beat Boston too but, it would take defense. I think we have more talent but, they play a far more balanced game.

I also think Charlotte, Atlanta and Washington take steps back. They all lost key pieces that haven't been adequately replaced. The loss of Pierce is going to haunt Washington. He was their rock, their swagger and their weapon when games were on the line far more than Wall and Atlanta losing one of their starting Bigs is going to change their dynamics too.

Return to New York Knicks